Merry Christmas Friends...(from a christmas past)

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4235017]Expecting another dump of snow tomorrow... The DJ on my favourite radio station came up with a good one: "Would someone please call the RCMP and have them confiscate Ma Nature's bong?". [/QUOTE]

LMAO...well, that would explain a lot!!!

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="sexysadie, post: 4238811]LMAO...well, that would explain a lot!!![/QUOTE]
Update. We now believe that Ma Nature is on Crack Cocaine or Meth. Send a team asap! April 20th, still snowing.

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4238813]Update. We now believe that Ma Nature is on Crack Cocaine or Meth. Send a team asap! April 20th, still snowing.[/QUOTE]

LMAO either that or she's getting old!! Time to retire ma! lol ( now that I've said that, she's gonna dump some snow on me, I just know it)

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="sexysadie, post: 4249594]LMAO either that or she's getting old!! Time to retire ma! lol ( now that I've said that, she's gonna dump some snow on me, I just know it)[/QUOTE]
May 29th... She is still PMSing or doing heavy drugs. Just heard that it is snowing less than 60 ks west of here. That's it!! Keeping the Christmas tree up all year!

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4255871]May 29th... She is still PMSing or doing heavy drugs. Just heard that it is snowing less than 60 ks west of here. That's it!! Keeping the Christmas tree up all year! [/QUOTE]

GG...will summer ever arrive? 'sighs'

Goodgrief

It came for one day and went away. Back into very cool, more rain (as if we need any more water after the flood)... Managed to mow my lawn, which was almost 10 inches tall; had to go over it 3 times. Can't go outside for even 30 seconds without spraying on the Eau de Mosquito. That stuff helps, but one of the little vampires managed to get me at the corner of my eye, under my glasses. Grrrrrrrr!

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
It's been chilly here at night now, not a good sign...lol I guess summer has passed...grrrr not looking forward to winter!

Goodgrief

Don't give up hope yet! Summer isn't over for at least another week! My only hope is that we will get a Fall this year. We went from summer to winter much too soon last year. Glow-bull warming! Yeah, my eye! No matter what, let us enjoy every day!
Hope you're doing fine, doll!

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4311395]Don't give up hope yet! Summer isn't over for at least another week! My only hope is that we will get a Fall this year. We went from summer to winter much too soon last year. Glow-bull warming! Yeah, my eye! No matter what, let us enjoy every day!
Hope you're doing fine, doll!
[/QUOTE]

You're right, I know, we have to enjoy each and every second we have, and consider them a blessing. I just wish they were more of a ....hot, beachy weather kinda blessing....lol at least for a little while longer. Summer just doesn't last long enough....poo!!
Hey GG, hope all is well with you and yours....xx

Goodgrief

We came very close to having our first frost last night. Missed it by one degree. There was snow in the Rockies last week. Only one hour drive away.... Yet, our trees are just starting to change colour. Some are still green but some species like Manitoba maples and elms are already yellow. The robins are still here, but we are now starting to see warblers on their way back south. The geese are teaching flight formation and it won't be long before they head down to warmer climes.

The scent of fall is definitely here! I woke up to a mixture of ripe crab apples and dog wood this morning. My Hollyhocks look pretty silly with only a couple of flowers left at the very top, but the Day Lillies are still blooming.
Yep, it's that time again. Tomorrow, I'm going to wire up the heater in my greenhouse and the heated bird bath while hubby is going to get a truck-load of bird food for the winter.

I wish early Fall would last forever!

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
GG,,,,,your post was at the end of September and here we are now the middle of October and it is going to get up to 94 degrees today,, I'm not complaining but we do need some good measurable rain. We have not had any to speak on in So. California for over 4 years now and water is a premium here. Get fined when using too much. Still been using the Air Conditioner off and on this month. I agree, early fall, skip winter and back to spring time,, lol

Goodgrief

Homeinspec, I wish we could have sent you even a small portion of the rain we had in June. We had a disastrous flooding situation at that time. Many towns were decimated and Calgary's downtown, river-level neighborhoods were under 5 feet of water.
The predictions for the winter aren't all that rosy. We could get massive snow dumps.

It is now 10:30 p.m. and the temp is 60F. Very unusual for this time of the year. This morning, the fog was so thick I couldn't even see across the street. Last year, at this time, we had permanent snow. Go figure! Me thinks Ma Nature needs a readjustment on her hormone levels.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
Naww leave Ma Nature along she's just fine with me, avarage temp is 85 to 120 nights a bit cooler. It's freakin' freezing for me when it's below 70 degrees.

Goodgrief

Yeah, right, Stevent. You know damn well you'd love to be back up north where you don't fry and if it gets cold, you have indoor heating to keep you comfortable.

:Tongue:

TakinMyLyfeBack

Jokeroo VIP Status
:hehehaha: Ma Nature is a tempermental bitch here in East Texas...You never know what it's going to be like when you walk out the door. And if you by chance go inside for a few minutes, expect it to be totally different when you head back out... :point:

Goodgrief

She sure is, Missy! We just had 2 days of above 50F temps. Tomorrow and Sunday, we're expecting close to a foot of snow. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Country17

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Mother Nature is a female on PMS big time this year. Last summer was a really hot year. This summer was not warm at all except for about three weeks. This fall had been cool with patches of cold. It has already been below freezing six times this fall and we have had a hail storm with thunder and lightening and spitting snow several times, not at all like last year. It rained all day on Halloween and all day today with 46 for a high. Naturally this is the year I decided to stick around for deer hunting which starts on Nov. 15. Florida has sounded good since Oct. 1st lol

Goodgrief

Wishing you a successful hunt Country!

Just remember, aim, breathe in and out, keep both eyes open and squeeze!

Going for mulies or white tail?

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Country17, post: 4342445]Mother Nature is a female on PMS big time this year. Last summer was a really hot year. This summer was not warm at all except for about three weeks. This fall had been cool with patches of cold. It has already been below freezing six times this fall and we have had a hail storm with thunder and lightening and spitting snow several times, not at all like last year. It rained all day on Halloween and all day today with 46 for a high. Naturally this is the year I decided to stick around for deer hunting which starts on Nov. 15. Florida has sounded good since Oct. 1st lol[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4344299]
Wishing you a successful hunt Country!

Just remember, aim, breathe in and out, keep both eyes open and squeeze!

Going for mulies or white tail?
[/QUOTE]

I can't believe it's been 4yrs and we're still into winter lol c'mon Mother Nature, help us out here!!

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
Another late night, since I'm up whats to do?
I think I'll take a look around the Roo
I saw manzy, she's there, just as sweet as can be
And I see Keta, my friend, left a message for me
Homeinspec, he's so cute, with his witty convo
and of course our dear Kryten, cheers me up when I'm feeling low
There's muchtrouble and pandora and country17, he's the cutest darn cowboy the roo has ever seen
Liberty, she's so pretty, and she's always so sweet, just like twistedangel,
isn't she neat?
Now I won't stay long, just a little while I'll be
once I log out of the roo it's bedtime for me
I'll sleep until 7, 7:30 who knows, tomorrow is a holiday, and you
know how that goes
this weekend has been busy, I've raised the bar, but tomorrow I'll
relax, I've no plans so far
So Roo, nighty night, and sweet dreams to GG too
It's always a pleasure to drop in for a few
Good night Brilor, BNO and sassy too
I wish you sweet dreams and the very best to you
Night sexylady, take care and sleep tight
And to those I've not mentioned this time, I wanna bid you.....
Good night xxx

Last edited: