Montana Dream

squirt

Administrator
To tell the story of our trip, I have to start where it started: the car! The Chevy Traverse! ♥
after all the BS I went through to rent a car to drive to Montana, I ended up with THE perfect car for the trip
it was keyless, it wouldn't let us lock the car with the key fob in it, it wouldn't let us start the car without the key fob in it

it had satellite navigation, lots of room, good gas mileage, and man, did it handle those hair greying curves in the mountains! lol driving.gif
there were some roads that had a 50ft drop off (or more) and had no guard rails, no shoulder lol
I'm well convinced there were 2 forces at work to get us home safely: God's grace and that car! lol
I did make one mistake, when choosing options for the car, I didn't choose CD player, I just assumed that all car stereos have CD players these days, as a result, for a good portion of the trip, we had no music, no sound of any kind besides the clicking of the camera and talking lol

we stopped at a Walmart to get fishing poles and licenses, and I got a CD player
but this girl is apparently old school *still* ... I bought batteries and one that plugs in or runs on batteries lol peekaboo.gif
turns out, I could've bought one that plugs into the car lol
oh well, live and learn!

we traveled a little over 5,300 miles, hit 7 states, and spent about $3500 total

that includes the rental car, eating, incidentals, and staying in a motel every night for 10 nights 1sm088doubleup.gif

there's so much that I have to show you, but there's a lot I'll never be able to show you, it's the little things in the middle of nowhere, like a 9/11 memorial in the middle of a field
many of the things I saw were in the blink of an eye, no time to get the camera, I tried keeping the camera ready after awhile, that only helped a little lol
but one of the things that stands out is all the American flags we saw, flying everywhere we went, from places most people will never see
it's gonna take some time to upload and sort all the pics, I've about decided I'm going to do it by state

it was an awesome trip, full of memories, and I can't wait to share some of the best with ya'll! heartburst1.gif

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Ooooh I can’t wait to hear all about it
Do you want a new car now aren’t they nice lol
It’s nice to see flags they’re all over our neighborhood
and nothing like seeing tributes people put up
Didn’t your rental have a radio in it though? lol
Just a tip your hubby could of gotten the Pandora app it’s free and you
pick your own radio stations on his phone 😀

squirt

Administrator
it was really nice ... and good practice, the van is still in the shop, and now I'm driving the boss' Prius lol
I'd like the van to run like that lol
there was a time, not all that long ago, when it did, and I mean just a couple of months ago

yes, we had a radio, and we could run playlists off hubby's phone, but when the radio wouldn't work, neither would the phone
but that satellite navigation worked everywhere! lol
we spent a lot of time in national parks, thanks to that
1sm088doubleup.gif
smileyroseglasses1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
Welcome back. Glad you had a good time and I hope your batteries are recharged now.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
WELCOME BACK! My Love!
So happy you had a good road trip just hopping that next time you hit southern California. ha! Cause I make some pretty good Sweet Tea sorry it's against the law to B.B.Q. here where I live though. LOL!

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
it was really nice ... and good practice, the van is still in the shop, and now I'm driving the boss' Prius lol
I'd like the van to run like that lol
there was a time, not all that long ago, when it did, and I mean just a couple of months ago

yes, we had a radio, and we could run playlists off hubby's phone, but when the radio wouldn't work, neither would the phone
but that satellite navigation worked everywhere! lol
we spent a lot of time in national parks, thanks to that
View attachment 24676
View attachment 24677
I read your post in I Believe and how you visted Lonesome Dove
that is my FAVORITE movie with Robert Duvall and Diane Lane
now you Must watch it lol its a 3 hour mini series but I think you
can sit still for this one sooooo good! What a coincidence I wonder if the movie
or the ranch is named after it :)
You must of really been in the boonies to lose radio service You go lol!

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
welcome back..glad your trip went without a hitch and you had an awesome time
looking forward to the piks♥

squirt

Administrator
I read your post in I Believe and how you visted Lonesome Dove
that is my FAVORITE movie with Robert Duvall and Diane Lane
now you Must watch it lol its a 3 hour mini series but I think you
can sit still for this one sooooo good! What a coincidence I wonder if the movie
or the ranch is named after it :)
You must of really been in the boonies to lose radio service You go lol!
I haven't had a chance to research it yet, I'm not sure
but it was the only ranch up there that would take hubby lol
the first few that I called said he was too big, they had a weight limit
but the lady at Lonesome Dove said the reason for that is that most heavy people can't even get on a horse, she had a horse big enough to carry him, just needed to know if he was agile enough to get on it
we've been to the mountain top! which mountain you ask? nearly every one we found lol
1sm088doubleup.gif
00087r.gif

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
time is on your side..there is no rush but hurry up...lmao j/k
take your time and sort through them and set them up the way you want to♥