Mr. President...Donald Trump

squirt

Administrator
The last column I wrote for this space called for a “People’s State of the Union,” a massive Donald Trump rally delivered in front of thousands of supporters, a sublime statement to Nancy Pelosi that said: “If you don’t want me in your room, I’ll find someplace else.”

It was fun to write, and fun to think about: a State of the Union speech transformed into a massive MAGA spectacle; she’d regret the snub for sure. Other creative ideas arose: deliver it at the border; deliver it down the hall in the Senate.

But late Wednesday night, the president decided there would be no alternative address, no high drama as he took to some other stage to hammer Democrats about the standoff that they could solve in an hour. He would in fact defer to Speaker Pelosi’s yanking of her House chamber invitation and schedule the address when the shutdown is over. “There is no venue that can compete with the history, tradition and importance of the House Chamber,” he tweeted, promising “a great State of the Union address in the near future.”

The immediate question was not whether his haters would celebrate this momentary surrender; they promptly did. On the left and among his tormentors who still think they are on the right, the mockery was instant, ridiculing a supposed tough, deal-making Trump for bowing to the superior skills of Nancy Pelosi.

But part of their glee assumed that his base would also see it as a dispiriting capitulation—that Trump supporters would recoil, slump their shoulders and wonder what happened to the fighter they voted for.

Well, he’s still there, and the mutiny is not happening.

The reason is clear: Trump is playing a long game here that extends far beyond a thumb in Pelosi’s eye delivered through some relocated State of the Union. His eye is on the only ball that matters—border security. And no matter how his maneuvers may strike any observer, one thing is certain: he does not do anything that he does not expect to accrue to his benefit.

So what are the benefits of bowing to Pelosi at this moment? As this week blends into the weekend, there will be deep examination of the president’s decision to delay his address. Some valuable takeaways will arise, foremost among them that it is Pelosi who offended tradition by rescinding an invitation issued after the shutdown began, and it is Trump who cleaves to that tradition by agreeing to wait until it can be delivered in its customary place.

This very behavior—letting her have her way for this chapter—is deliciously counterintuitive, disarming the critics who berate Trump as unable to restrain his bullying instincts. Now, not only has he offered DACA protections which are a worthy compromise to secure wall funding, he has now yielded when the world expected him to double down. There is one reason the State of the Union is delayed: Nancy Pelosi. There is one reason wall funding is blocked: Nancy Pelosi. These are valuable impressions that could solidify in the coming days, adding to pressure on Democrats to agree to a border security figure smaller than what government wastes over an average weekend.

Now fast-forward to whatever evening that actually finds us watching the State of the Union. There are clear benefits to the delayed gratification now underway:

The political theater of the alternative address would have been enormously satisfying for the base, but may have ultimately been empty calories. It would have been derided as a stunt if moved outside the Capitol, and surely attended by crowds of seething Trump-haters who would have received as much coverage as the supportive throng inside. Even if moved 200 yards down the hall to the Senate, Democrats would have boycotted, arguing that it was not a “real” State of the Union.

Well, it’s going to be real now. Real uncomfortable, for Democrats who will be tradition-bound to attend a speech guaranteed to contain a lengthy scolding by a president happy to regale the attendees with his take on why the government was shut down for so long, and why border security is so hard to achieve. That captive audience is just one reason why waiting will prove beneficial.

Another is the guest list. Any one of several important figures could have been brought to the stage at a Trump event substituting for the State of the Union, but welcoming them onto that famous House gallery balcony has even more value. Maybe that’s when a few maliciously maligned Covington Catholic High School students and families get a deserved recognition. And most importantly, it would be a fitting occasion to welcome some loved ones of Americans murdered by people who would not have been able to kill if stronger borders kept them out of the country.

So, sure, I would have enjoyed the opportunistically relocated State of the Union. But in sidestepping that tactic for the more traditional approach, displaying restraint and even accommodation of a political foe, President Trump positions himself for the far more important bottom line: fighting for the border security he has promised since he announced he was running for office.

Let mockers enjoy a day of finger-pointing. They will be disappointed when the Trump base does not peel away from him, and positively despondent when they see that once again, he knew exactly what he was doing.

Mark Davis/Townhall

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
the last thing piglosi and shitmer needed was for President Trump to reopen the government..now that he has they either give him the funding
and get something in return or he declares an state of emergency...builds the wall without them and they get nothing
Trump has out smarted the dimwits once again

squirt

Administrator
President Donald Trump donated his third-quarter salary of 2018 to a federal agency that researches alcoholism, the White House confirmed.

The president gave $100,000 to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, which, as a part of the U.S. National Institutes of Health, conducts medical research on the causes and prevention of alcohol-related issues.

President Trump’s older brother, Fred Trump Jr., suffered from alcoholism and died in 1981 at 43-years-old. Watching his brother pass away from too much drinking spawned the president’s life-long aversion to alcohol.
“I can honestly say I’ve never had a beer in my life,” he joked to reporters last year. “Can you imagine, if I had, what a mess I’d be? I’d be the world’s worst.”

During the 2016 presidential election, then-candidate Trump vowed to donate his annual salary of $400,000 if he were elected.
In 2017, the president donated his quarterly salaries to the Department of Veterans Affairs, Health and Human Services, Department of Transportation, and the Education Department.

Conservative Fighters

squirt

Administrator
As soon as President Trump finished his State of the Union address Tuesday night, The Washington Post deployed its fact-checkers to blunt any positive narrative that might come of the President’s unifying speech.

“President Trump’s State of the Union speech once again was chock-full of stretched facts and dubious figures,” the article begins, employing the standard terminology used by liberal reporters when they want to accuse the President of lying, but can’t find any actual falsehoods in his remarks.

While most of their so-called fact checks were opinionated and/or arbitrary in nature — for instance, they waved away President Trump’s accurate assertion that more Americans are employed today than ever before by pointing out that “the U.S. population is growing” — some of their more dubious claims demand a fact check of their own.

These are three of my favorite examples:

First, the Post took exception to President Trump’s claim that “Lawmakers in New York cheered with delight upon the passage of legislation that would allow a baby to be ripped from the mother’s womb moments before birth ... And then, we had the case of the governor of Virginia where he stated he would execute a baby after birth.”

The article included a particularly lengthy fact-check on the statement, arguing that the President’s description of the New York law was inaccurate because the law requires a “health-care practitioner” to make a “good faith judgment” that an abortion is necessary before ripping a baby from its mother’s womb moments before birth.

The Post’s defense of Virginia Governor Ralph Northam, meanwhile, relied solely on the explanation proffered by his office, which sought to defuse the controversy over his apparent endorsement of infanticide by absurdly claiming that the governor was referring to medical treatment, not ending the life of a baby.

The Post also took issue with President Trump’s assertion “the United States was being treated very unfairly by NATO — but now we have secured a $100 billion increase in defense spending from NATO allies.”

While they conceded that the President was correct about the $100 billion number, the Post’s fact-checkers insisted that President Trump does not deserve credit for the increase, since it is just a fulfillment of a spending pledge made at a 2014 NATO summit. While it’s true that President Obama was in office when the Europeans made their pledge, the Post neglects to credit President Trump for applying the pressure needed to get our NATO allies to actually honor that commitment.

Perhaps the most ridiculous “fact check” came in response to the President’s remark that “If I had not been elected president of the United States, we would right now, in my opinion, be in a major war with North Korea.”

Despite the fact that President Trump qualified his statement with the words “in my opinion,” the Post nonetheless felt compelled to “fact check” the unprovable claim, declaring that “Trump exaggerates the possibility of war, which had been heightened by his own harsh rhetoric.”

The Post also failed to mention that President Obama specifically identified North Korea as America’s greatest national security threat in a conversation with his newly-elected successor during the transition, telling then President-elect Trump that war with North Korea was imminent.

“He told me he was very close to going into war,” President Trump said at a press conference in 2018. “That could have been a world war very easily.”

In its flailing attempt to detract from the impact of the President’s inspiring speech, The Washington Post blurred fact with opinion, disputed figures even while conceding that they were technically accurate, and treated political spin from Democrat politicians as tantamount to a refutation of President Trump’s claims.

Despite their best efforts, though, the Post and other liberal media outlets were unable to deceive Americans, who overwhelmingly approved of the State of the Union address.

Liberals should just give up on the idea of trying to convince everyone that President Trump isn’t telling the truth. They’re not very good at it, because they still don’t understand that the whole reason the American people elected Donald Trump is that he tells the truth so convincingly.

Townhall

squirt

Administrator
To this day, there has been zero solid evidence to suggest there was a definitive collusion conspiracy between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin.

After years of mocking Republicans for suggesting the Russians were a geopolitical threat, it took one election loss to turn them into rabid Russophobes the likes we haven’t seen since Joseph McCarthy was in the U.S. Senate. This has always been a sour grapes crusade peddled by Democrats still stunned that Hillary Clinton lost in 2016, still seething over that loss, and desperate to find something, anything, that they can use to impeach the president. We have the DOJ probe spearheaded by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who has been investigating this matter for over a year and a half. The investigation is closely guarded, but things leak in this town, especially on this. We would have known about potential solid evidence by now. We have none. And now the Senate Intelligence Committee has found “no direct evidence” of Trump-Russia collusion after two years of investigating and 200 interviews (via NBC News):

After two years and 200 interviews, the Senate Intelligence Committee is approaching the end of its investigation into the 2016 election, having uncovered no direct evidence of a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia, according to both Democrats and Republicans on the committee.

But investigators disagree along party lines when it comes to the implications of a pattern of contacts they have documented between Trump associates and Russians — contacts that occurred before, during and after Russian intelligence operatives were seeking to help Trump by leaking hacked Democratic emails and attacking his opponent on social media.

"If we write a report based upon the facts that we have, then we don't have anything that would suggest there was collusion by the Trump campaign and Russia," said Sen. Richard Burr of North Carolina, the Republican chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, said last week in an interview with CBS News.

Burr was careful to note that more facts may yet be uncovered, but he also made clear that the investigation was nearing an end. "We know we're getting to the bottom of the barrel because there're not new questions that we're searching for answers to," Burr said.

Democratic Senate investigators who spoke to NBC News on condition of anonymity did not dispute Burr's characterizations, but said they lacked context.

Yeah, it’s a nothingburger. It’s always been a ridiculous story, one that exposed a rather schizophrenic narrative about the president from Democrats. He’s either a genius who colluded with the Kremlin or a moron; he cannot be both. Also, yes, there were some shady people in the Trump orbit, many of which have been indicted, but for crimes unrelated to collusion and most of them pre-dating the 2016 election. Who cares? It still doesn’t prove collusion. The pervasive poor reporting about the subject has exacerbated the whole issue. Most recently, BuzzFeed had their beloved scoop that Trump ordered ex-personal lawyer Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about a Russian real estate deal. Who blew it up? The Mueller investigation, which offered a rare statement saying that their story, was inaccurate. CNN has been nearly beaten to death for their shoddy reporting on Russia collusion. Granted, there have been some moments of sanity from the news media about this story, with some hosts even admitting that no evidence will be found, but it’s overall been rather embarrassing. As for the Democratic Party, well, some of its members have fallen off the deep end.

What will their reaction be when the Mueller report has a similar conclusion: no evidence of collusion. Cue the meltdown.

KEN DILANIAN: Hallie, after two years and interviewing more than 200 witnesses, the Senate Intelligence Committee has not uncovered any direct evidence of a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia. That's according to sources on both the Republican and the Democratic side of the aisle. And careful viewers and readers will note that Senator Richard Burr, the chairman of the intelligence committee who leads this probe essentially said that in an interview with another network last week, but what I’ve been doing since then is checking with sources on the Democratic side to understand the full context of his remarks. that was essentially a partisan comment from one side. But this is a bipartisan investigation and what I found is that the Democrats don't dispute that characterization.

Townhall

Flynn

Quote Rudy Giuliani ———“ The truth isn’t Truth ! “

History repeating itself.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
-Joseph Goebbels

TRUTH IS THE GREATEST ENEMY OF THE STATE !

Flynn

Quote Pelosi

It does violence to our Constitution and therefore to our democracy. His declaration strikes at the heart of our Founders' concept of America, which demands separation of powers."

Flynn

Sounds like something Abe Lincoln would say, just saying !

“I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

― attributed to Abraham Lincoln but discredited.

Flynn

Cohen didn’t think Trump was going to win either.

Looking back at the election, there were so many Republican Politicians who didn’t want Trump and they were loud and proud to say as much before Trump was elected.

Flynn

Sounds like something Abe Lincoln would say, just saying !

“I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

― attributed to Abraham Lincoln but discredited.
Who ever penned about the future crisis has described the Trump Administration to a tee.

Flynn

Quote Rudy Giuliani ———“ The truth isn’t Truth ! “

History repeating itself.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
-Joseph Goebbels

TRUTH IS THE GREATEST ENEMY OF THE STATE !
President Trump really wants to have a win in North Korea, he wants to go on the world stage again and suggest to anyone who will listen that he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize and in his own words, “ I’m more deserving of it than Obama was “.

In the 6 months since Trump was in North Korea President Kim hasn’t test fired any nukes or missiles but they haven’t shut down their nuclear enrichment plants.

Who is telling the biggest lies in these discussions ?

President KIm is my guess.

Problem is President Trump wants to believe President Kim, it means votes in the USA. Kim is playing Trump just like his father and grandfather played all the Presidents before Trump.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/25/6965...t-is-north-korean-reactor-producing-plutonium

Part quote ex CIA analyst
"The North Koreans have refrained from doing any missile and nuclear testing, so that's good," says Jung Pak, a former CIA analyst who worked on North Korea and is now a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution. Pak says in general, there's plenty of evidence suggesting that North Korea is continuing "to produce ballistic missile parts and produce fissile materials."

The continued activity at Yongbyon is particularly noteworthy because it is the most prominent nuclear site in North Korea. Construction began in 1961, and the complex has expanded ever since. Long considered a crown jewel of the North's weapon program, the site is host to multiple reactors, a giant facility designed to extract and purify plutonium and a separate, newer facility filled with centrifuges for enriching uranium.

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
its a real shame the rest of the world doesnt see all the great things President Trump is doing for your country and just how corrupt and deep the swamp is that he is trying to eradicate..starting with the the main stream media who have become completely obsessed with opinions rather than actual news when it comes to this President
even those republicans that were against him have now sided with him..they see he loves his country and its citizens ..unlike the demonrats who only want power and control over you all..it has never been more obvious to see..but there will always be those that have their heads up their asses and refuse to see the truth but will believe opinions reported as facts..i literally feel sorry for those people..they will never understand the facts no matter how hard they get slapped with them

squirt

Administrator
WEST HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — A terminally ill Connecticut man who's a big supporter of President Donald Trump is getting a bucket list wish fulfilled, with help from his Democratic sister.

Jay Barrett, of West Haven, who has cystic fibrosis, left the hospital to begin palliative care at his sister's home last weekend and asked for some sort of contact with the president before he dies.

His sister, West Haven City Councilwoman Bridgette Hoskie, who describes herself as "100 percent Democrat," went on social media to help make it happen. Friends and other supporters sent emails to the White House.

The efforts paid off Tuesday night when Barrett, 44, received a call from Trump.

"Mr. President, through thick and thin, you know there's been a lot of thicks, and there's been a lot of thins, I support you," Barrett said.
Trump told Barrett he's a "champ," and that a personal letter is coming his way.

"You're my kind of man, Jay. ... I'm very proud of you," Trump said. "I'll talk to you again, Jay, OK? You keep that fight going. We both fight."
Barrett told the New Haven Register that he also received calls from the president's son Eric Trump and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development regional chief Lynne Patton on Monday.

Eric Trump "told me they're pulling for me and praying," Barrett said.

Patton, who is from New Haven, said she's coming to Connecticut on Saturday to give Barrett a signed gift from the president. She also reached out to the Trump family after a New Haven Register story about Barrett's wish was posted online.

Barrett, who for most of his life considered himself an independent, voted for President Barack Obama in 2008, but didn't like many of his polices, including the Affordable Care Act.

Barrett said he came to realize he was a Republican and fell in love with Trump's style at the launch of his campaign, and later, because of his policies.

His original goal was to get to Washington to meet the president in person and shake his hand, but he said he's grateful for anything.
Even though he's supposed to have only six months to live, Barrett said he intends to be around to vote in 2020.

squirt

Administrator
Andy Ngo, an editor at Quillette, recently tweeted a thread of hate crimes in the last two years blamed on supporters of President Donald Trump that turned out to be hoaxes.

• Right after Donald Trump’s election, the (Southern Poverty Law Center) really stoked panic. A pro-gay Episcopal church in Indiana was vandalized (with) “Heil Trump,” a swastika, & an anti-gay slur. Turns out it was the gay organ player who did it. He was only charged (with) a misdemeanor.

• Days after the Pittsburgh massacre, Trump supporters were blamed for Nazi vandalism at a Brooklyn synagogue & fires in a Jewish community. Turns out the perpetrator was a gay black man who had worked with city council on an initiative to fight hate crimes.

• One week before the presidential election, a black church in Mississippi was burned in an arson attack. “Vote Trump” was written on the building. After much panic, an investigation revealed that the man responsible was a church member.

• In Nov 2016 a Muslim student at the University of Louisiana said two white racist Trump supporters brutally assaulted her, ripped off her hijab, & robbed her. The story went viral. It was a lie. Media never identified her by name after hoax was revealed.

• I remember that Trump & his supporters were blamed for a spate of anti-Semitic, KKK & Nazi graffiti on the campus of Nassau Community College in Long Island in late 2016. The student responsible was Jasskirat Saini.

• In Dec 2016 a Muslim woman said she was attacked by 3 white Trump supporters in NYC on the subway. She said they tried to rip off her hijab. Yasmin Seweid lied. (The Council on American-Islamic Relations) said Muslims are under tremendous “stress & pressure” resulting in incidents like this.

• In Sep. 2018 a black woman in Long Island said Trump supporters confronted her & told her “she didn’t belong here.” Her car tire was slashed the next day & a hateful note was left behind saying “go home.” Adwoa Lewis made up the whole story.

• In Nov 2016 a Philadelphia neighborhood was rattled when property was vandalized with pro-Trump and anti-black messages. William Tucker was identified as the vandal through CCTV footage.

• In Nov 2016 a black female student at (Villanova University) in PA said a group of white men yelling “Trump!” knocked her to the ground on campus. However a police & university investigation was halted because the student didn’t want to pursue the matter.

• (University of Michigan) student Halley Bass told police a Trump supporter attacked her by scratching her face in Nov 2016. She said she was targeted for wearing a pin in support of UK Remain. As her story fell apart, she admitted to scratching herself.

• 2016: Muslim student at (the University of Michigan) claimed she was attacked by a white man who threatened to burn her hijab. It never happened. CAIR said the attack is “just the latest anti-Muslim incident reported since the election of Donald Trump as president.”

• One day after 2016 election, Eleesha Long, a student at (Bowling Green State University) in Ohio said that white males wearing Trump shirts threw rocks at her & hurled racial slurs. Alleged incident sparked rage on campus, & (the university) hosted a “town hall.” Long made it all up.

• On election night, Canadian Chris Ball said he was beaten by anti-gay Trump supporters in Santa Monica. His friend shared a photo on social media (notice the immaculate watch). Police said he never filed report & he didn’t go to any hospitals in the area.

• Charlotte: April 2017 Curtis Flournoy set an immigrant business on fire & left note saying “Trump is our nation builder for White America.” When CCTV showed that perpetrator was black, some sites said it was a white Trump supporter in disguise.

• Nov 2016 Chicago: Taylor Volk, a bisexual student at (North Park University) said she received hateful pro-Trump, anti-gay messages. “This is a countrywide epidemic all of a sudden,” she said at the time. The investigation found that she fabricated the story.

• 2 students at (Babson College) drove thru campus waving flag to celebrate election. Peers said they spat on someone, yelled racist & anti-gay slurs. This was a lie, but everyone believed it. They were kicked out (of their) fraternity. Investigation cleared them of wrongdoing.

• In Nov. 2016, a man in Malden, MA told police he was confronted by two racist white males who made a reference to lynching & said it is “Trump country now.” He fabricated the whole story. Sound familiar?

• Anti-Muslim graffiti saying things like Trump’s “#MuslimBan” was found on (Beloit College) in 2017. College increased security. Investigation found that Michael Kee, a Muslim student, did it himself for attention.

Conservative Media

remind me again where hate lives?

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
just what i suspected all along and now to see the truth how can anyone ever put their trust in the left
you and i have had many discussions about the dog who barks the loudest being the guilty one..well its the demonrats barking at the
top of their lungs

squirt

Administrator
for those who still have no idea why we voted for President Trump, THIS is why:

these are victims of the tornado in Alabama where 23 people lost their lives
God bless President Trump

squirt

Administrator
so ... it is done
except it's not, just because
the Mueller report was handed in today, with no further indictments coming
that means nobody in the Trump campaign will be charged in any way with anything that has anything to do with conspiracy (collusion) with Russia, and that includes President Trump
for over 2 years, he's had this cloud hanging over his presidency, lives have been ruined, millions of dollars spent, Manafort is a broken man, General Flynn lost nearly everything, Carter Page will never be trusted again by the companies that used his services (because he was wiretapped)
ALL of this is because the Democrats lost an election, because they just could NOT understand HOW President Trump pulled it off!
they had the 2016 election wrapped up, Hillary was a sure in, they'd guaranteed it through back room deals and spies and dirty dossiers
I'd like to say apologies are coming, they accused him of being a traitor to a country he clearly loves with all his heart, I would love to hear just one person who beat the collusion drum step forward and admit they were wrong
but that's not going to happen
instead, they're going to pivot, already have in fact, all the while acting like they never said there was collusion

I wish I'd had the courage to stand up and face ya'll and say with 100% certainty that President Trump was innocent, I'll regret that for the rest of my life, but I couldn't take the chance, I couldn't expose myself to ridicule to defend somebody I believed in, I won't make that mistake again