Mr. President...Donald Trump

squirt

Administrator
there's a survey put out by the White House, it's a main street media survey, just type that into a search engine and it should be easy to find, if you're interested![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
That doesn't tell me too much and it was sent to Trump supporters. However, I came across a LOT of the media blasting not only the "survey", but his calling the media to task in a press conference. The really interesting part was that I had just finished watching that entire press conference and I had to wonder if I'm living in an alternate world. lol In the question and answer section, he very willingly took questions from some of his biggest detractors, although at one point he asked if anyone had a "NICE" question.

The speeches and things tend to be longer than I want to sit at the computer, so my method was to open the speech and questions in a separate window, watch until I was getting restless, then I paused the video and minimized it, while I did other things for a while. Later, I'd go back and pick up where I left off until I had seen the whole thing. Unfortunately, many of the reporters seemed more interested in what they were going to ask (and trying to jump ahead of everyone else) than they were in the answers given.

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
[QUOTE="stevent222, post: 5006190]If Persident Donald Trump is so much of a racist why are not some 40 other counties being ban too? That are 90% known Muslim terrest.
I want all incoming peoples stopped and serched they have U.S. citizen documents because those can be falsified also. When a person has no documentions they should be put in holding cells and shipped back to where starting point at there expence.
Anyone carring a weapon or could be used a one will be shot on site.

Right now I know the President is doing all he can even when the money hungry Democratics are doing everything to hold this man back.

M.T. sorry couldn't hold it for too long and had to say something. [/QUOTE]

Not a problem, Steven! All opinions and information are welcome...that is how we make our judgements and decisions. Just try to refrain from calling the people you disagree with bad names. lol

squirt

Administrator
I sat through every second of it, and when it was over, it only took a few minutes for the media to prove him right lol
but I'm not so sure that survey only went to supporters, I found the survey in a CNN story calling it bizarre, and I'm on many patriot sites and on the White House website, and I didn't get one of those emails

I have found it extremely interesting to see how others reported on what I saw with my own eyes
seems their biggest takeaway was the "real leak, fake news" sound byte
I even wrote to the White House, telling them that they need to explain to the media why it DOES make sense!

it was a real leak about a real conversation between 2 real people who had every right and reason to be talking to each other, and the real leak had a very real impact, not just here in the USA, but around the world as well!

the media took that leak and created headlines and stories with it, with what seemed like an attempt to mislead the American people into believing there was indeed a connection between President Trump's campaign camp and the Russian hacks
I saw the headlines myself, they were frightening! and they were intended to plant seeds of doubt
and ... it worked! my heart dropped when I saw one of the headlines ... that proved to be completely fake![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
I agree! While I don't believe everything I read or hear that is supposed to be "news", I DID get sucked into believing the Trump camp, including the President, had been a bit too cozy with the Russians. I strongly believe in the first amendment, but the lies have to stop! Meanwhile, I think I will be sitting through MANY of those speeches, just so I can get the straight story.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
Hahaha I started debeting in high school and yes I know the difference hahaha.

I found The Blaze with Tomi Lahren to be spot on with real news. She seems very well informed and doesn't just read off a telepromper. I've seen her in interviews and for only a 26 yr. old she's pretty dam smart.
[/COLOR]

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
i just learned that ALL news gets sent over the wire to all the news people form the AP(associated press)
and that yesterday a memo..not a story meant for release..but a memo dated back in December was sent out by the AP and without checking the facts all but one news agency ran with it and not only that changed the wording of it to sensationalize it and made it even a bigger lie
so who leaked the memo to the AP is my question?
the leaker or leakers are guilty of a felony and need to be found ASAP

also in the last few weeks of obama's power..he(obama) removed some piece of legislation that Ronald Reagan imposed that would only allow a certain few to view classified information
now all classified information gets distributed to 16 security agencies..people who would never be allowed to view certain documents..have access to them
obama had 8 years to remove that piece of legislation..if he felt it was of no use...why did he wait till he was in his last few days of power to do it?

TwiztedAngel

You can say "goodbye" to the first amendment. Freedom of speech, gone. Freedom of the press, gone. Freedom of religion, gone. It will only be a matter of time.

We, in Europe, and especially the Swedish people would like to know what specifically happened last friday in Sweden... :noidea: :huh:

squirt

Administrator
I suspect he was referring to a story that broke on Friday, about rape and violence on the rise in Sweden, and how that's tied to the refugees they've taken in

squirt

Administrator
the saddest part of this statement is that you actually believe it

he's not telling the press not to do their job, he's only asking that they report accurately, the good, the bad and the ugly

a prime example of this is how the press has treated Melania, calling her unfit to be First Lady, calling her stupid because her english isn't as fluent as her other 4 languages, saying she's miserable and hates being first lady
and in a just a few humble moments in front of 9,000 people, she put them all in their place: forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us ♥

and!

to the best of my knowledge, President Trump nor any of his supporters have shut down anybody's right to speak
but the other side can't say that, can they? :flowerforyou:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

That a fact or an accusation? :huh:
He is the president......he has to get his facts right, and not what he saw on tv, before spreading anything.
The Swedish embassy has asked Washington for an explanation...

squirt

Administrator
observation? and made by more than just President Trump
it only took seconds to find page after page of stories about problems with refugees in Sweden, which was, in my mind, the point
seems like a fair reply to me to ask for an explanation

look, President Trump doesn't hold a candle to President Obama when it comes to speaking, no matter how I feel about about President Obama, I can't take away the fact that he was an eloquent speaker, and this is what we've grown accustomed to after 8 years with the man

maybe President Trump doesn't always say things the way people think he should say them, but there's truth there, there IS a refugee problem in Sweden, according to those we trust to bring us the facts, the press!
and if what they're reporting is not true, then it validates his claim about the fake media!

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
One of his big problems (and a big reason I am liking him more and more) is that he speaks what is on his mind. I'm sure he uses speech writers, but then he goes over what they wrote and puts things in his own words. I know I was a bit disappointed with the inauguration speech. There was nothing wrong with it...but I didn't think it was as "inspiring" as it could have been. Then, I found out he had written the entire thing himself. He is NOT a professional public speaker or speech writer and it shows when he tries to speak from the heart. Another problem I think he might have is that he is used to issuing orders and very competent people see that they are carried out. Now (as with his executive orders) he has to dot every "I" and cross every "T".

squirt

Administrator
and you gotta love the irony in them claiming that his White House is in chaos ... while we're STILL waiting for all of his cabinet members to be confirmed! lol :hairpull:

Vinnie

Two points:
Trump may not be as eloquent a speaker as Obama was but he is the mst TV savvy President you have. He knows how to manipulate the TV and the TV audience. What he does not know how to do is manipulate the media, particularly the media he has no control or ties to. He tactic here has been to ridicule their work rathert than dealing with it. It is effective as the attention span of the average person is oh Look! A squirrel!

Secondly, many of the stories on Sweden you will find of rise in rape and other sexual crimes have nothing to do with immigration but much more to do with crime reporting. In most jurisdictions if I rape my wife over the course of several years, where it is a crime it will be treated as one offence. single perpetrator, single victim. Sweden decided to categorise each crime as separate and this resulted in a huge rise in the amount of rape and other sex crimes. If you go by stats, Sweden is a little more dangerous than Niceragua and only slightly safer than Somalia. This is manifestly not the case.

Vinnie

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 5007590]and you gotta love the irony in them claiming that his White House is in chaos ... while we're STILL waiting for all of his cabinet members to be confirmed! lol :hairpull:[/QUOTE]

Why have they not been confirmed yet?

squirt

Administrator
you tell me ... on Feb 8th, Trump had 7 cabinet members confirmed, Obama had 12
by Feb 16th, Trump had 13 confirmed, and there's still 4 key cabinet members waiting for confirmation
they're complaining that he's still got over 700 positions to fill, but they don't finish that sentence when they don't explain the delays in getting his cabinet members confirmed
the Democrats say they're just being extra careful, but even nominations they really had no problem with got delayed, by asking for extra paperwork, claiming some paperwork was never handed over when it was sitting on somebody's desk, and by Dems who kept the Senate up all night talking about nothing

squirt

Administrator
the common *mis*belief is that he IS manipulating the media lol he can't win, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't
their work has been ridicule worthy, he's not asking them to only tell the good stuff, he's asking that they be ACCURATE

I heard the best advice he could possibly take, that's to ignore the political BS and get on with what he wants to do, results speak louder than words

now to get back to Sweden, it only took a few seconds to find stories about how Sweden's immigration/refugee policies are hurting that country
recent polls show that 58% of Swedes believe there's too much immigration into their country[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/swedens-ugly-immigration-problem/article26338254/