Mr. President...Donald Trump

Vinnie

I'm not disputing that some swedes feel immigration is hurting the country. Look in any place and you will find this. What I was pointing out was the difference between the way Sweden reports rape and other sex crimes. Raw data can be interpreted in many ways.

squirt

Administrator
for some refugees, according to some of the things I've read, it's common practice in their countries to treat women as they wish, which becomes a problem when these refugees enter societies where the woman has the right to say no, it's not hard to see where problems could arise

squirt

Administrator
a prime example of this is how the press has treated Melania, calling her unfit to be First Lady, calling her stupid because her english isn't as fluent as her other 4 languages, saying she's miserable and hates being first lady
and in a just a few humble moments in front of 9,000 people, she put them all in their place: forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us ♥[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
update to this story: they are actually slamming her for reciting the Lord's Prayer ... but yeah, the press is being fair to President Trump and his family :naughty:

squirt

Administrator
I saw the press conference, I saw the rally, I saw the coverage from the press after both.

Why don't they get it?

While President Obama was letting in immigrants/refugees, and ignoring illegal undocumented aliens, the average American was hurting. My husband and I were unemployed for 4 years. We had to dig change out of the couch just to buy toilet paper. It got to the point where I went and applied for food assistance. We were approved for $240, and I was required to take a job search class, but before the date of the class, I was hired by Kroger. When I didn't show up for that class, they denied my next month's benefit, before I even got a paycheck.

Then I started working at Kroger, as a cashier.

And I began noticing that some customers were buying carts and carts full of water and sodas. They load up on whatever we have on sale that week. Then I noticed they were using EBT cards to pay for it. What the managers say is that they take these drinks that the taxpayer pays for back to their shops, mark them up, and sell them back to the taxpayer.

Other customers were buying shrimp, lobster, crab legs with their EBT cards, while I was having to buy hamburger, beans, peanut butter, and cheap bread.

Some of these cards have balances in the thousands of dollars!

For a lot of EBT card users, they also have WIC, a program designed to promote healthy eating for women and small children. It's a great program, I used it myself.

My point here is that all of this is at the taxpayer's expense. The taxpayer, you know, the guy who has to scrape up pennies just to buy toilet paper.

Some of these same taxpayers have been the victims of crimes committed by illegal aliens. I'm not just talking about the murder of Kate Steinle. I'm talking about millions of smaller crimes that have a real economic impact on our society. Again, paid for by the taxpayer.

A lot has been said about more Americans committing crimes than illegals. I'm sure that's true, but we need to know who is in this country so that we can find and hold accountable those who cause harm.

I also see a lot in the press about job numbers being good, because of President Obama and his policies.

What I don't see nearly enough of is reporting on the fact that, yes, a lot of us are back to work, but we've had to take cuts in pay and accept part time jobs. I am making $2 less an hour as a cashier than I was in the same position 11 years ago, which was a full time job, and my current job is part time. Many taxpayers have had to take 2 and 3 part time jobs to make ends meet. I know people working who aren't making enough to support their families and have to be subsidized by the government to help feed their families.

The real truth here is that we can no longer afford to be so generous with immigrants and refugees. We need to take care of our own people first, like the homeless vets.

And we need to know who is coming into our country.

It is not about keeping anyone out! It is about knowing WHO we let in!

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
Well I have seen one of President Trump's promises, I just found out the other day they are going to re-activate our Reserve Air Base back to an active Air Force Base, bringing in to start, 3,500 troops along with their aircraft and their quarters are being built as I type this. He said he was going to increase our forces as Obama had cut them to the bone. I do not know how many other military bases will be re-activated but like I said, it's a start as California only has ONE active base and that's Travis AFB in the San Francisco bay area. I repeat what others have said, wait, give President Trump a chance,, hell he's only been in office for a month and 5 days, a long way yet to his 100 days in office,, he is contacting many of the other countries leaders and that is a good start also. At least he isn't going off to play Golf or kiss some foreign leaders ass and say the Americans are not good,,
OK Thy :homie: will retire to his Chambers for now,, carry on Thy Kingdom

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
:loveit: I have also seen him TRY to do what he can to keep his promises. I'm sure I will dislike some of his plans and will become upset at some of the things he says, but I am very willing to give him a chance. No matter how good or bad he turns out to be, he is a better choice than Hillary!

Last edited:

squirt

Administrator
I wanted to express my thoughts on the main street media and whether or not they're doing their jobs properly.

I would like to think I'm a good representative of the average American, and as such, I am tired of all the negativity that is printed about our President. When they ridicule him, they ridicule us. We elected him.

They can say that Mrs. Clinton won the majority vote all they want to, but we all know President Trump won the majority of states, a majority of the counties, as well as the majority of the electoral vote.

When I see stories that claim that our First Lady flinches when the President tries to touch her, when I see stories that are plainly wrong like the President using the National Guard to round up illegal immigrants, what am I supposed to think?

Where are the stories about the average American who was trying to decide if they had enough money for both the electric bill AND food while our nation's government was concerning itself about who should use which bathroom, an issue, by the way, that most Americans couldn't care less about. We know that when you need to use the restroom, it doesn't matter which sex is promoted on the door, any port in a storm.

We see all the coverage on the demonstrations, protests, and unruly town halls.

WHERE is the coverage of positive things happening in our country?

I think the press should adopt President Trump's regulations "rule" in regards to printed stories.

For every negative story, the press should put out 2 positive ones!

The pointing of fingers, saying "well, he did it to us" is getting old. That is exactly one of the things that helped get President Trump elected.

The press should be leading the way, they should BE the change they wish to see in the world, and they should LEAD the way in reuniting this country, instead of being an active agent in division.

There are 16 "Spirit of America" rallies being conducted around our nation today, with at least twice that many planned for Saturday, March 4th.

And yet, there's not a hint, not a whisper, not a single mention from the press about this amazing coming together of people who promote and support the "America First" agenda.

If the press wants to be the honorable "citizen" of America they claim to be, they need to start acting like it.

squirt

Administrator
the misogynist has just signed 2 bills promoting the hiring of women in the science fields like space, aeronautics, engineering

and the racist just signed a bill that will help young blacks go to college

Goodgrief

Squirt, thank you for saying what I have kept back.

As a Canadian, I had no say in that election. But I wanted to see a big change in the U.S. You, the people who normally doesn't get to speak up finally did!

Enough with the "politically correct" "don't make waves" "let's be nice to anyone who wants to invade us".

We're going through the same shit up here. I just wish we could have an election this year.

I've just completed reading all the posts on this thread. Very interesting opinions. I can see that Mr. Trump has support here. I'm curious to know what any of you think now. Mr. Trump didn't have great week. First, he found no support in the intelligence community about his accusations against Mr. Obama. Next, he failed to deliver in his promise to repeal and replace the ACA. And now, it's been confirmed that there is concrete evidence resulting from the investigation into the relationship between the Trump campaign and a hostile foreign power.

As someone who gets his news from multiple sources (including the main stream media), I have to say things don't look good for Mr. Trump or his administration.

squirt

Administrator
we must not be reading the same news, because the news that I'm reading says that the Trump transition team was indeed surveilled, you can call it incidental if you like, but the fact remains information not linked to any investigation was gathered on Americans in the campaign and transition team, and then, just in the nick of time, Obama signed an executive order allowing this no intelligence value information to be sent out to at least 16 agencies, with names unmasked, and that's a felony, and when they find the person or persons involved, they're going to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law

as for the ACA, I don't believe that was President Trump's bill that failed, and he's got 4 more years to get that done, though most of us hope and pray it doesn't take that long, many people think that President Trump should just let Obamacare implode, make the Democrats face what they really did, but that doesn't help the American people, my faith is in President Trump
not so much in the Congress that should have had a bill ready to go on day 1 of the new administration, after having 7 years to get ready

now for that concrete evidence, you can't make a claim like that and not prove it, and using PMSNBC or CNN isn't gonna cut it
give me CIA, FBI, NSA documents that prove what you're saying, because all 3 have said repeatedly that there is NO evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia
if you're speaking of Paul Manafort, it's pretty sad that they had to go back 10 years to find anything! just proves how hard they're looking, and how little there is to support that claim
and! Mr Manafort has come forward of his own free will to testify and clear his name

and let me just bring up this one point: IF there was a single thread tying President Trump to the Russian interference in our election, don't you believe Hillary would've found it by now? do you doubt for a moment that she had people turning over every rock, looking under every leaf, and still nothing was found?
are you aware that Russia didn't even think President Trump would win? that they were looking to undermine HER presidency in retaliation for what Putin felt was Hillary meddling in Russian elections as Secretary of State?

as someone who thinks the lame street media couldn't find their way out of a hole, mentioning them doesn't carry a lot of weight with me
one of their "big" stories was on how the President and First Lady don't sleep together ... really? this is newsworthy? President Trump is 70 years old, my grandma and grandpa didn't sleep in the same bed, my husband's grandmother and grandfather didn't even sleep on the same floor, he slept upstairs, she slept downstairs ... and I'm supposed to take the lame street media seriously?

I suspect you're merely hopeful that this is the beginning of the end, but let me assure you, it is not! :flowerforyou:

As an American and a patriot, I'm hopeful only that the truth wins out in the end. And I suspect you're right about the two of us (you and I) not getting our information from the same sources. I can't really agree with the use of the term "lame street media" (which, I presume is your way of flagging the main stream media) as something not to be trusted or taken seriously. If I'm right about that, I find that to be an unfortunate attitude. If something is main stream (like music, for example) that means it caters to as wide an audience as possible. It tries to soften its message in order to generalize it. Some say that to do so waters down the message... makes it less "hard-hitting". I don't agree.

To me, getting information from the main stream means that you're getting information that's intended to appeal to people regardless of sub-culture (age, race, skin color, religious belief, sexual orientation... and, most importantly, political leaning). There's no predisposition to the information. It doesn't cater to a specific audience, and doesn't comfort the reader or viewer. So I don't pay any attention to MSNBC, or DailyKOS, or Fox News, or Breitbart or any of the left or right sources... I think they're all biased which makes them untrustworthy. I get my news from tried and true news outlets, and I cross-reference them.

How about you? If the "lame street media" doesn't suit your taste, who do you trust?

squirt

Administrator
I read everything and make my own decisions, one of my favorite sources at the moment is Newsmax, I like the opinion shows on Fox, and the First 100 Days with Martha MacCallum, but don't consider that news

I refuse to contribute in any way to PMSNBC's or CNN's ratings, meaning, my TV will never be on those channels, they don't have a wide range of appeal, they don't soften any story that I can see, they have an anti-Trump agenda that shines through everything they do, I'm not asking that they only report the good stuff, I'm only asking that they be accurate, and maybe do a positive story now and then, but they don't seem willing to give him a break in anything, and not everything he does is wrong
those who's job it is to give us the news are not supposed to attach their personal views to the stories they do, they're supposed to give us the facts, the truth
and they don't seem capable of doing that these days, if I want opinions, I'll watch opinion shows

I also belong to a couple of patriot sites and I go right to the source by getting updates from the White House directly, I also like C-span, that's where I learned that Putin was really anti-Hillary, not pro-Trump

Thank you! Both Newsmax and Fox are too biased for me. I rely on Reuters, Associated Press, PBS, the New York Times, the L.A. Times, Wall Street Journal, the Washtingon Post, and (yes) CNN. I have found them all to hold no political bias and to be reliably accurate. More often than not, they site their sources and be easily corroborated.

Your CNN comment surprises me. While I have definitely noticed their guests being anti-Trump (such as in discussion panels), I haven't noticed that the network has an agenda... and certainly haven't noticed them being wholly inaccurate in their reporting. When they've been wrong, they have been known to retract. What I have noticed is that the network has been singled out by Mr. Trump as being a purveyor of "fake news" (something I have not been able to confirm).

Looks like you agree with the president. Why and when have you found CNN to be inaccurate?

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="DirtyEddie, post: 5023221]I've just completed reading all the posts on this thread. Very interesting opinions. I can see that Mr. Trump has support here. I'm curious to know what any of you think now. Mr. Trump didn't have great week. First, he found no support in the intelligence community about his accusations against Mr. Obama. Next, he failed to deliver in his promise to repeal and replace the ACA. And now, it's been confirmed that there is concrete evidence resulting from the investigation into the relationship between the Trump campaign and a hostile foreign power.

As someone who gets his news from multiple sources (including the main stream media), I have to say things don't look good for Mr. Trump or his administration.[/QUOTE]
i am still a President Trump supporter..that is still being investigated so no one has all the necessary documents to say one way or the other if what was done is illegal but Nunes has confirmed the transition team was surveilled
i watched the news conference from the WH..i dont get my information second hand

it took obama 17 months to get his health care plan passed
so not being able to get rid of obamacare and replaced in 61 days did not surprise me at all...Ryan went about preparing the bill the wrong way for it to receive the required number of votes

and so where is this so called confirmation document that you are stating shows concrete proof of the President and russia collusion?
i watched the press conference this afternoon with 2 of the 7 bi-partisan committee investigating this and they have stated so far their is no proof and are still needing the rest of the documents needed and are willing to subpoena for them if they have to
again this information came live from the two investigators
if you want to know the truth watch live..i dont trust any reporters comments as i have seen the President speak in a live rally on TV and as soon as it ended CNN MSNBC NBC ABC CBS all turned his words around and reported things that he never said..
so yes these news stations do have a stop Trump at all costs agenda..i have seen it first hand

[QUOTE="roadkill, post: 5024502]...i watched the news conference from the WH..i dont get my information second hand[/QUOTE]
Well, that's certainly a good method for getting the information that the White House wants you to have. I watch the briefings as well.

[QUOTE="roadkill, post: 5024502]it took obama 17 months to get his health care plan passed so not being able to get rid of obamacare and replaced in 61 days did not surprise me at all...[/QUOTE]
Yes, it certainly did. Seems like a long time to me. And yet, I vividly recall the Republicans repeatedly accusing him of having "rammed it down" the throats of the American people. The thing is... Mr. Obama never promised anyone that he would immediately provide healthcare reform. Mr. Trump? Used the word "immediately" several times during his campaign. He also made other promises (such as coverage for everyone, and that it would be much more affordable). Speaker Ryan said no such things. Mr. Trump is alone in having made those declarations, and so it is he that is taking the heat for not living up to his word.

[QUOTE="roadkill, post: 5024502]and so where is this so called confirmation document that you are stating shows concrete proof of the President and russia collusion?[/QUOTE]
I said nothing about a document. I said that there was concrete evidence. In legal terms, "concrete evidence" can be many things (including testimony).

[QUOTE="roadkill, post: 5024502]if you want to know the truth watch live..[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Whenever possible, wherever possible.

squirt

Administrator
I'm going to indulge you on this just a little bit longer, but this thread is about President Trump, not news sources

New York Times: FBI "wiretapped" Trump aides ... Trump lies about "wiretapping"

CNN: Nancy Sinatra upset over inaugural dance to "I did it my way" ... she never said it, and they never apologized

New York Times: Trump administration purges all climate change references from White House website ... no acknowledgement of it being part of the routine transition of power

CNN: “Citing grizzlies, education nominee says states should determine school gun policies” ... DeVos never said or even intimated that

Washington Post: “the State Department’s entire senior management team just resigned.” ... “As is standard with every transition, the outgoing administration, in coordination with the incoming one, requested all politically appointed officers submit letters of resignation.”

CNN: announced that the White House was “setting up [the] Supreme Court announcement as a prime-time contest.” ... “The Twitter accounts…were not set up by the White House, I’ve been told.” ... again, no apology

Yahoo via AP: President Trump was considering “send[ing] U.S. troops” to curb Mexico’s “bad hombre” problem ... the Mexican government disagreed with that interpretation. The White House later re-affirmed that Trump did not have any plan to “invade Mexico.”

AP: “BREAKING: House votes to roll back Obama rule on background checks for gun ownership.” ... The House was actually voting to repeal a narrowly tailored rule from the Obama era

Yahoo via AP: Melania is miserable and hates being First Lady ... nothing could be further from the truth

now, please support your claim that there's been concrete proof that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, because even the Senate Intelligence committee couldn't and wouldn't commit to any outcome[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="DirtyEddie, post: 5024506]Well, that's certainly a good method for getting the information that the White House wants you to have. I watch the briefings as well.

Yes, it certainly did. Seems like a long time to me. And yet, I vividly recall the Republicans repeatedly accusing him of having "rammed it down" the throats of the American people. The thing is... Mr. Obama never promised anyone that he would immediately provide healthcare reform. Mr. Trump? Used the word "immediately" several times during his campaign. He also made other promises (such as coverage for everyone, and that it would be much more affordable). Speaker Ryan said no such things. Mr. Trump is alone in having made those declarations, and so it is he that is taking the heat for not living up to his word.

I said nothing about a document. I said that there was concrete evidence. In legal terms, "concrete evidence" can be many things (including testimony).

Agreed. Whenever possible, wherever possible.[/QUOTE]

you left out this statement i made when you quoted me..if you are going to quote me ...use the whole quote not just what suits you..this is what you conveniently left out of my previous post:

i watched the press conference this afternoon with 2 of the 7 bi-partisan committee investigating this and they have stated so far their is no proof and are still needing the rest of the documents needed and are willing to subpoena for them if they have to
again this information came live from the two investigators
if you want to know the truth watch live..i dont trust any reporters comments as i have seen the President speak in a live rally on TV and as soon as it ended CNN MSNBC NBC ABC CBS all turned his words around and reported things that he never said..
so yes these news stations do have a stop Trump at all costs agenda..i have seen it first hand

so as i have asked previously...where is the concrete proof you seem to have when the bi-partisan investigators cant confirm collusion?

squirt

Administrator
the last I checked, we have 3 branches of government, the judicial, the executive and the legislative ... and last I checked, the executive and judicial branches of our government cannot pass laws, that MUST be done by Congress

:flowerforyou:[/COLOR][/B]