No 'like' button

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I fully appreciate that not everyone will agree with me about the 'like' button, but I do miss having it available. I don't have the time to post a reply to each and every one ~ and I think it sort of isolates people as we don't get a list up showing who has seen our post, some of which may well include a question that we wouldn't see until the next time we visited that particular thread.

Not sure if this is the end result of the roo,.... as the owners are still working on it.
But I normally check in my settings if there are new posts or replies in my subscribed/participating threads.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Thanks dear one, I did/have looked in settings, but I only get the last few 'rep points' nothing to do with 'likes' ~ so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sorry, I was referring to if someone included a question.
sometimes things sound so good in my head but I forget to half of what I was going to say.
:huh:

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Oh my, I wouldn't worry about that dear lady ~ every day I start by trying to remember what day it is ~ then where I'm suppose to be ~ and when I get home ~ wonder where the hell I have been....... LOL

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 4964882]Just check the subscriptions page here: http://board.jokeroo.com/subscription.php
Any threads with new posts you have not yet seen will be in bold.
You can access it from the "Quick Links" drop down near the top of the page, the "Subscribed Threads" option.
[/QUOTE]

I understand that Phil ~ but it's not the same as a member actually clicking on a 'like' for a certain post, which alerts you to the fact....maybe given recent happenings, I should have chosen a better word than 'alert'.... lol

Bamber

Super Moderator
Well, there's nothing we can do about it. I don't know if Squirt has the ability to turn the "like" back on, but if not we'll probably just have to get used to being back at the 2012 version of Jokeroo and be thankful it wasn't set back to a text only black and green screen forum.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
​Well, have to agree with you there my friend, like all things, change is sometimes unwelcome, but you can get use to it!

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
O'my goodness ~ Kip hitting a 'like' button.....hehe ~ yep, I'm well aware of you not really bothered about it, but just humour me, I will not be the only one I'm sure that will miss it ~ but we'll just have to reply to each one, which will take up more thread space, more time ~ which is something I don't have in abundance for being on the comp. ~ much as I wish it wasn't so!

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I miss it Peter! It's also sort of a way to let you know someone stopped by and you can go straight there through notifications
then again there has been times when I didn't get a like I felt well unliked lol!
Firefox is the only browser I can block the ad's unlike Chrome and IE which makes my Roo go banana's
FF gives me the leave page and Chrome doesn't I can live with that as long as the adult friend finder ad's aren't back in our sigs lol :heehee:

edit: Bamber set me up with ad block for Chrome you rock!

Last edited:

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
well let Thy :homie: throw his two cents in - I miss the like button too, I can't let others know I liked their comment or in the case of PSP that I liked their work too. I'm sure no one likes to see a King :crying: SOOOOO get it back,, now take my to cents and have a great lunch,, :rofl:

squirt

Administrator
I just want to make sure he's done before I go to messing with things
no red alert this morning
and if I can't find a way to turn it back on, I'll ask to see if we can get it back

are ya'll telling me we've got ads now?

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
yes, when I come in here and before I post, there is a banner ad across the top of the page and the first and last post show an ad on the right 1/2 of the person's post. When you do a post, the ad now becomes part of your post and goes away from the one above you,, this is for ALL Forums/threads

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
but, but, but why would I be getting them all of a sudden, I have not changed a thing and they just came in about a day ago,, the damned gremlins are after me again I tell ya,, :laugh3:

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="KingHomie, post: 4965273]but, but, but why would I be getting them all of a sudden, I have not changed a thing and they just came in about a day ago,, the damned gremlins are after me again I tell ya,, :laugh3:[/QUOTE]
Because the Rooman added them when he got rid of the "like" option. We're ALL getting them, but some of us have ad blockers which makes them invisible.

squirt

Administrator
I suspect it's gonna help pay our bills, I haven't really addressed that *yet*
it's a minor detail in my mind
but I did send a HUGE thank you for all the hard work in getting the red alert removed
and I have asked about getting the LIKE button back