No 'like' button

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
i use adblocker for chrome and have used it for a few years now..it works great
thank them for us members too..i know i appreciate all the hard work removing it and i am sure all the other members do too
i do miss the like button...it was a very easy way for me to let the poster know i read their post and it also allowed me to see who visited my posts

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I have ad blocker now for Chrome thank you Bamber your a gem :teeth:

I also have it for Firefox they both work great...

with IE my Roo goes banana's - I only tried it when we were having problems staying far away from it if I can

Bamber

Super Moderator
Kryten put me on to this.

If you like a post hit the "add to this user's reputation" star, bottom left below the avatar. I'd forgotten all about it, but you can also add a short comment. The member gets a notification so they can see that you like the post and can see any comment.

I'd forgotten all about this, I used to use that option quite a bit before we had a "like".

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 4969441]Kryten put me on to this.

If you like a post hit the "add to this user's reputation" star, bottom left below the avatar. I'd forgotten all about it, but you can also add a short comment. The member gets a notification so they can see that you like the post and can see any comment.

I'd forgotten all about this, I used to use that option quite a bit before we had a "like".
[/QUOTE]

​I had to Phil, so just tried it with your post and got the 'you must spread a little more love around before I add any more to Bamber' ~ or something like that anyway

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="Romford Lad, post: 4969442]​I had to Phil, so just tried it with your post and got the 'you must spread a little more love around before I add any more to Bamber' ~ or something like that anyway[/QUOTE]
Oh bugger, I forgot about that restriction. :tantrum: You can only add so much to each user, there's some odd restrictions apply. Oh well, thinking cap back on.

[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 4969441]Kryten put me on to this.

[/QUOTE]

Please.....please....put a name with it.....because only mods can see who gave the reps....members can´t..........
And I for one.....can´t stand mysteries.....
:tantrum:

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
Okay,,,Many want a like button...so why not rig up a few in the smiley list? I usually have that as a minimized window, so with one click, it is available. I have to admit...even I miss it...and I thought I hated that button. I STILL feel it is overused, but it is nice to be able to tell someone they posted something special. If I got a few, I would check them out because I knew they really liked it. If I saw them in multiples of 5 or 10, I would take a quick peak but usually delete them without even looking. (The 5 or ten thing is because I am a nutcase with a touch of OCD and that is how I usually post.

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="TwiztedAngel, post: 4969483]I suppose the NSBAPOI club was a plug-in, too?[/QUOTE]
As far as I can see it's still available. "Community" on the toolbar at the top of the page, then "Groups" from the drop-down.

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4969487]Okay,,,Many want a like button...so why not rig up a few in the smiley list? I usually have that as a minimized window, so with one click, it is available. I have to admit...even I miss it...and I thought I hated that button. I STILL feel it is overused, but it is nice to be able to tell someone they posted something special. If I got a few, I would check them out because I knew they really liked it. If I saw them in multiples of 5 or 10, I would take a quick peak but usually delete them without even looking. (The 5 or ten thing is because I am a nutcase with a touch of OCD and that is how I usually post.[/QUOTE]
Find me some small enough to use and I'll add 'em. :teeth:

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
That would work...I only request that you place it at the top or bottom so it is easily found. I'm sure it will be used often!

squirt

Administrator
this seems to be a favorite, and small enough for a smiley

for those who don't see a reply box, click on REPLY TO THREAD and one will appear! lol

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4969495]That would work...I only request that you place it at the top or bottom so it is easily found. I'm sure it will be used often![/QUOTE]
OK, first 2 smileys you see when you hit the smiley button, how's that? :grin:

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4969562]
[/QUOTE]
Not the smiley thread m'dear, the actual smileys; I recovered them all. Just hit that smiley icon at the top of the quick reply box. :teeth: