Only Jokaroo makes my cursor flash

can anyone tell me if they r experiencing similar problems. my cursor flashes so much i can barely keep up with it. is it a virus or something similar, so far i have only noticed it doing it here on the roo. any suggestions?

Dreamer

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Same problem with me, I thought my mouse was going bad until I saw your post.
But like you said, it only does it when I looking at the forums.

talk2me452002

wow..i thought it was just me..i have virus scaned,cleaned the computer totatly..and still this is the only site it did it on..man..i'm so glad someone posted this..thought i was doing a melt down..thanks!

Ice Cream Man

I can control my cursor with my "panic-ware" pop up blocker, so if you'll have a pop up blocker, you may try that!

You can also set your cursor by going to "my computer" then "control panel"...from there you should look for "Mouse"....but I can't see how to change much from there!

I've had a LOT of things taken over by "unknown forces" on my computer, and the only thing I can tell you about that is I fixed the problem by downloading a bunch of (free) anti-malware/spyware & also a bunch of anti-virus programs (only one at a time though)...and finally the problem went away!

Sorry...not much help, but I wish you luck!

Ice Cream Man

Angie81 said:
can anyone tell me if they r experiencing similar problems. my cursor flashes so much i can barely keep up with it. is it a virus or something similar, so far i have only noticed it doing it here on the roo. any suggestions?
Could you explain this a little better? I can't understand what you mean by "you can't keep up with it?"

Flashes on & off like a strobe light??? Does it completely disapear for a while?

Dreamer

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Ice Cream Man said:
Could you explain this a little better? I can't understand what you mean by "you can't keep up with it?"

Flashes on & off like a strobe light??? Does it completely disapear for a while?
That's the way mine was doing. But it's not doing it now. It just done it when I first logged on today, which was (so far) the only time that it has done it.
I have anti-virus and anti-spywar programs installed on my computer. I just don't know why my cursor was throwing such a fit!!

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
Mine started doing it today...I can barely scroll down to read this thread. Of course, I "assumed" that I had screwed up somehow. If anybody figures this thing out, please tell the rest of us! It is most annoying!!!

mdancer

Wow..I am having the same problem, and since I have a cordless mouse, I assumed it was my batteries going low so, of course, I changed them, until I was chatting on the bus, and Catwomenvixem. made the comment she would not be able to be with us long, for her mouse was getting ready to die, then I knew, as I told her, nope, there seems to be another problem with the Roo, slow loading pages, gremlins eat PMs and now a curser that is everywhere except where you want it. I do have two pop up blockers, 2 spyware/malware programs, and 3 virus programs, which are all active and has not changed a thing. I tried a hard boot, which I hate doing..that didn't work, then even did a systems restore, and that didnt work either...sooooo Roo...wtf is going on now...this is really frustrating....grrrrrrrrrrrr
Boy, you have to really love this place and be dedicated to continute to put up with the quirts this site develops..each day is a new and different challenge...this one however I hopes gets corrected realy quick....

SASSYBEAR

Ice Cream Man said:

YEAH MINE TTOOOO ....THOUGHT SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH MINE TOOO... SO I WENT AND CHANGED MY CURSOR HAHA .....THAT DIDNT HELP ....AND YEAH IT JUST STARTED DOING THAT WHEN I CAME TO JOKAROO TONITE ...THATS WILD ...CAN WE FIX IT ...

~*~BabyGirl~*~

Ok I am lost
I was on tell 4 this afternoon
and back now
I havent had the problem
What am I missin
:sly:
I wanna smoke some of what they are havin
:hehe:

DragonMaster55

IIIIIITT DDDDDooooeess IITT toooo miiinee toooo.....VERY aggrivating. And it is only on the Roo..for me and my wife both. and we each have our own puters. Hopefully a moderator will read these and let us know wassup????

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
BabyGirl, if I could figure out how to get rid of this, you'd have it in a heartbeat! If you don't have it, be thankful...you really don't want it...trust me!