Photo Payment Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirt

Administrator
there was no need to come back, it was already a done deal when he posted it lol :lookaroun

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
I've signed up for the PayPal two weeks ago now does anyone know how long it takes to activate it? Was told that they put in like a couple of cents and I have to confurm that, then its ready to go. Just for something to do I put in .25 cents from my Wells Fargo checking account and now going to wait 3 to 5 business days to see what happens.

Other wise I'll wait until I have a sizeable amount in there to start up the PayPal. Can't really use $25.00 here and there although can use $100.00 or two. LOL!

Will Jokeroo hold that amount of moneys in there until I get this PayPal all straightened out?

squirt

Administrator
the way I understand it, Paypal will send the money back to Jokeroo at the end of the month, here's what my email from Paypal said: We'll automatically cancel this payment and return the money to Jokaroo.com's account on Oct. 30, 2011, so you should claim it as soon as possible.

I'm not claiming it so you're on your own with the rest of it, good luck! lol :2thumbsup:

hortysir

Jokeroo Enthusiast
We can't just hold money in a PayPal account?
It gets returned?

NOW I know why Roo wants this method.
They're gambling that a good percentage of members won't claim it, thus getting their money back.

:duh:

squirt

Administrator
I think once it's transferred TO Paypal, it will stay there, but they couldn't put it in my Paypal account because I didn't give them the info

hortysir

Jokeroo Enthusiast
So the Roo sends all pending monies to Paypal and if there is no account for Mr. X, it gets sent back to Roo.

As soon as I have enough in my account to get paid, I'll set up a PayPal account. Then I'll cash out and stop uploading

squirt

Administrator
that sounds about right!
the first email was from Jokeroo saying I had money in paypal, the second was from Paypal saying I needed to "claim" my money or it'd be sent back

f_JWjack

I agree with the proposed changes that way more users will have the chance to make money, and it will be much fairer, BUT I also propose that you make it so you can ONLY approve content from 1 member each day...

So say 1 member posts 2 photos, instead of approving both of them, allow only one of there content to be approved per day, if you see what I mean.

sever1n

well i think this idea is not bad for people who want to earn more money :p but i think lot of people here is just for fun so i personally dont care xD

jokaroo

Administrator
Staff member
Why would people not claim their money on Paypal? Anyone in America can open an account.

squirt

Administrator
because Paypal isn't getting another dime from me, that's just the way I feel about it, sure I could use the money, but *especially* not if it puts money in Paypal's pocket in the process
I do what I do here because I love the Roo, the money was just icing on the proverbial cake :bow:

hortysir

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I've had chocolate and I can eat devils' food, but I've never tried Proverbial
:yum:

jokaroo

Administrator
Staff member
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 3788447]because Paypal isn't getting another dime from me, that's just the way I feel about it, sure I could use the money, but *especially* not if it puts money in Paypal's pocket in the process
I do what I do here because I love the Roo, the money was just icing on the proverbial cake :bow:[/QUOTE]

Wow. Well for comparison's sake, Paypal fees are considerably less then all competitors. I believe its 2.4%. Beats the bank fees in my opinion. The bank takes $2 off every transaction for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.