Posting of Copyright Materials

jokaroo

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Sep 30, 2003
Messages
1,046
Likes
73
#1
We have run into an issue where users have been posting materials that are not their own, in fact, they've taken off the credit of who actually made them and put their own names over it.

Jokaroo.com does NOT tolerate this kind of behavior. Posting copywritten materials is ILLEGAL and we will have to issue temporary bans on members that continue to violate this law alongside with deleting your posts.
 

talk2me452002

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2004
Messages
5,244
Likes
379
#3
thank you roo man...seems we get put in time out where ever we go..but one of the creators has agreed to help us on this..and i'm sure we will all try and not post something that dont belong to us...wow what a night!
 

♪ Grouchie ♪

Jokeroo Immortal
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
254,239
Likes
1,247
#4
talk2me452002 said:
thank you roo man...seems we get put in time out where ever we go..but one of the creators has agreed to help us on this..and i'm sure we will all try and not post something that dont belong to us...wow what a night!


yes i agree..what a day......but i understand ..but wow
 

Wiremaster

Jokeroo VIP Status
Joined
Apr 20, 2004
Messages
54,108
Likes
336
#5
Jokaroo
If there are no identifying marks on a pic then is it considered copyrighted materials
 
Joined
Jun 18, 2005
Messages
931
Likes
47
#6
I am too lost....Guess I will just give it all up....Too much crap to deal with, have too much else going on in my life....Hope it all gets worked out, maybe I will check in again sometime....
Take care everyone.
 
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
1,169
Likes
138
#7
Well I Have Removed All Pics From My Sig That I Didnt Make Myself.

And The Pictures I Will Use Now Will Be From Pictures That Are Completly Free To Use For Anything!!
Witchyredrose.
 
Joined
Aug 8, 2004
Messages
1,874
Likes
81
#8
Wiremaster said:
Jokaroo
If there are no identifying marks on a pic then is it considered copyrighted materials
If there are no marks how can it be, i mean it needs the little C symbol at that.
 

PixelJudy

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
40
Likes
4
#9
Wiremaster said:
Jokaroo
If there are no identifying marks on a pic then is it considered copyrighted materials

there was on mine originally, but now that group is closed down. all my original art is copyrighted but snaggers erase, crop and alter it and it's being shared in forums.

rule of thumb...do not add your name to anythng that has a watermark. Do not crop or manipulate either. in fact it's best to delete it immediately...you will be much safer that way.

I am a copyrighted artist, it is my profession. I am a web designer and use many of my digital creations with clients and have economic reprocussions when my art is taken and altered.

I am not stating that any of you did this from my site, but they have ended up here and have been altered even more.

most artist have website and it is clearly stated on their sites not to alter or use the images other than intended. not that you have gone to my site and taken this, but someone has and again...it's ending up here.

thank you to the members who have been cooperative and understanding.

Judy
 

PixelJudy

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
40
Likes
4
#10
Jason_darkangel said:
If there are no marks how can it be, i mean it needs the little C symbol at that.

if you do not see a name, copyright symbol or any other markings (and you need to look carefully-many of us try to hide them as not to distort the work) then it was probably cropped off by someone before you got it.

All of my work has my name on it before it leave my hard drive...it's apearing in forums without my original mark and it has been chopped off or taken off, which is very easy to do if you use Photoshop, PSP, etc.

you just have to be wise to how this all works..just don't use anything you see any names on whether the cr symbol appears or not. you will be safer that way.

judy
 
Joined
Aug 8, 2004
Messages
1,874
Likes
81
#11
If its been cropped and is unmarked when it crosses my desk then i hate to say this but that qualifies as NOT my problem and i am fairly sure thats how most of this sites stuff came to be here.
 

annie81

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
3,639
Likes
142
#12
i have a question? almost all of like the famous cartoons like scooby and garfield are technically copywrited are we allowed to use them?
 

SexyDragon

A Premium Jokaroo'er
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
1,680
Likes
57
#14
PixelJudy said:
if you do not see a name, copyright symbol or any other markings (and you need to look carefully-many of us try to hide them as not to distort the work) then it was probably cropped off by someone before you got it.

All of my work has my name on it before it leave my hard drive...it's apearing in forums without my original mark and it has been chopped off or taken off, which is very easy to do if you use Photoshop, PSP, etc.

you just have to be wise to how this all works..just don't use anything you see any names on whether the cr symbol appears or not. you will be safer that way.

judy
But if the name is removed and you have never seen the picture before, how are you to know it was a copyright? I have come across may pictures where months late I only find out that it was a copyright and sometimes I may never know.

I understand your view as my Aunt is an artist. I support those who use art as a means of making a living. Please understand our side though. Many here only use copyright material becuase they did not know in the first place. You can't blame someone for not knowing.

PS. feel free to send me a private message any time you see me use a copyrighted piece that may be missing the name, I will gladly remove it.
 
Joined
Aug 8, 2004
Messages
1,874
Likes
81
#15
lil_ms_grouch712003 said:
well if that has been done..how are we suppose to know it is your work or copywrighted??
that is the very point im tryign to make these artist come in here guns blazing and didn't even stop to ask questions. All of the images i use are eiter my creation or direct links from where i found them if you find any in mine take it up with the site i found it at.
 

annie81

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
3,639
Likes
142
#16
exactly jason

you cant exactly sit there and curse us up one side and down the other for using a pic when we didnt know because wherever we got it cropped it before we saw it... ive seen plenty a pic of garfield and tigger and pooh with copywright susan or something on it shall we dig up aa milne and ask him what he thinks of that? also theres this thing where you can disable right clicking on your websites id suggest using that in the future so you dont have to worry about people stealing your work:) i understand when its in what you say your case is *i dont know in any of the cases cause ive missed this argument but yours seems valid* you actually did create the work and just ask people nicely to remove it and im sure they will but like i mentioned earlier if someone is going to throw a fit because i used the tigger *copywrited by susan* with my name by it then im going to laugh at them because its not their work either
 

Wiremaster

Jokeroo VIP Status
Joined
Apr 20, 2004
Messages
54,108
Likes
336
#17
PixelJudy said:
there was on mine originally, but now that group is closed down. all my original art is copyrighted but snaggers erase, crop and alter it and it's being shared in forums.

rule of thumb...do not add your name to anythng that has a watermark. Do not crop or manipulate either. in fact it's best to delete it immediately...you will be much safer that way.

I am a copyrighted artist, it is my profession. I am a web designer and use many of my digital creations with clients and have economic reprocussions when my art is taken and altered.

I am not stating that any of you did this from my site, but they have ended up here and have been altered even more.

most artist have website and it is clearly stated on their sites not to alter or use the images other than intended. not that you have gone to my site and taken this, but someone has and again...it's ending up here.

thank you to the members who have been cooperative and understanding.

Judy
I personally have thousands of pics literally on my hard drive in all kinds of formats psp, psd, jpg, tubs, or gifs. I got them from said sharing groups. I do not alter the names or copyright names off the pics I have put a name on and I don't cover it up. But My question is if you didn't want the world to see your art, creations or work why did you share it in the first place? What is the purpose of sending a pic out to hundreds of unknown people if you didn't want it seen or used. you should know that at some point that pic will no longer have an identifying mark left on it and there is no way a person can ever trace it back to you to ask your permission to use it
I am not talking about the person that intentionally rips the pics and uses them for financial gain, these ladies and gentlemen here are justn using them for identification purposes only and most only use them for a very short time and will change pics to another one they liked. This is in no way malisciuos nor did they intentionally hurt anyone. In some small way maybe you should feel a little glad that they thought so highly of your creation to want to show it.
They didn't set out to hurt you or any other artist and still do not have that intent, you however have hurt several people and that was your intent. You could at least checked the Roo out and found out it is just a bunch of common people enjoying themselves in a harsh cruel world, it is an avenue of escape of real life. Humor and jokes, poems and stories. We laugh together and we cry on each others shoulders, we feel grief when a member loses a family member. Check us out and see if we are the bad people you seem to think we are. I don't think that is to much to ask of you.
 

arella

Jokeroo Legend
Joined
Mar 25, 2005
Messages
140,362
Likes
596
#18
Well This Bites The Big One!! I Have Over 6,000 Posts !! Are You Saying That We Should Go Thru All Of Them And Delete All The Pics??? Thats A Shit Load Of Work!!
 
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
1,169
Likes
138
#19
jokaroo said:
We have run into an issue where users have been posting materials that are not their own, in fact, they've taken off the credit of who actually made them and put their own names over it.

Jokaroo.com does tolerate this kind of behavior. Posting copywritten materials is ILLEGAL and we will have to issue temporary bans on members that continue to violate this law alongside with deleting your posts.
I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHY WHOLE THREADS HAD TO BE DELETED BEFORE ANYONE HAD THE CHANCE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS GOING ON, OR HAD THE CHANCE TO RESPECTFULLY DELETE THE PICTURES THEMSELVES. I AM PRETTY SURE THAT ALL THE PICS IN THOSE THREADS WERE NOT COPYWRITE. I JUST THINK THAT IS NOT VERY FAIR. WE SHOULD OF BEEN GIVIN AN ALLOTTED TIME TO REACT TO THE PROBLEM AND THEN IF ANYONE DIDNT COMPLY, YOU COULD OF JUST DELETED THERE POSTS, NOW THE WHOLE THREAD IS GONE AND WE ALL HAD TO SUFFER. I AM NOT SO SURE THIS IS THE PLACE FOR ME. I FEEL LIKE NOTHING I HAVE TO SAY IS EVEN CONCIDERED. I MAY JUST LEAVE. ALSO I HOPE MY MEMBERS GALERY PICTURES ARE DELETED AS I HAVE ASKED THEM TO BE , AS I AM NOT SURE IF ANY HAVE COPYWRITE AND I DONT WANT TO BE LABLED A THIEF THANKYOU VERY MUCH.
 

♪ Grouchie ♪

Jokeroo Immortal
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
254,239
Likes
1,247
#20
ya i had almost 13,000 posts..now look at mine...hugs, lil ms grouch


big hugs to u wiremaster and i agree no one meant to hurt or anger anyone of the creators with using their work