Posting of Copyright Materials

Sporkmonki

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
4,498
Likes
144
see, funny thing is..... that's what i thought... humor, fun, jokes...hence JOKAROO. we're here for fun... if i wanna be griped at I can call my ex-mom-in-law.... those ALWAYS suck. hehehe
Ice Cream Man said:
We're called "THE HILAROUS" bunch & are a COMEDY site mainly!

....We're NOT call "THE REPETITIOUS BORING COPYRIGHT LESSON" bunch!

*lighten up or go elsewhere, because not many people here care to here any more of your sheet!




 

handymanmike92683

A Premium Jokaroo'er
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
29,972
Likes
809
DOESNT ANYONE READ !
I'm getting really fed up with everyone reporting every single post because they feel someone is being rude. This is Jokaroo, our jokes are known to be a little offensive and people are known to be a little rude. If someone can not handle criticism or name calling, I highly suggest you don't participate on Jokaroo. You are in the wrong place.

Too the contrary, this does not open the doors to name calling or being rude. If Jokaroo needs to step in, we will, but don't push us. If we feel something is rude, we will decide.
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________
Best Regards,
Team Jokaroo.com
 

♪ Grouchie ♪

Jokeroo Immortal
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
254,239
Likes
1,433
Ice Cream Man said:
We're called "THE HILAROUS" bunch & are a COMEDY site mainly!

....We're NOT call "THE REPETITIOUS BORING COPYRIGHT LESSON" bunch!

*lighten up or go elsewhere, because not many people here care to here any more of your sheet!




amen.......scotty



i get it .....so now leave us alone about it.....im just sick of hearing it...i want to have fun again:crazy: ...hugs to all my family roo'ers, lil ms grouch
 

AngelJuoles

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
3
Likes
0
Number 1 . Who are you? I dont remember mentionin yours or anyone elses names as stealin anythin nor did accuse anyone of anythin !!
Number 2. It is good that someone is helpin ppl out there, I ave done plenty of teachin ppl psp and such myself ....
Number 3. I offered other options for ppl to get things by creators themselves to make things easier on here !!

As for the arthritis I know how that can be, my ma suffers from rumatoid *spellin* arthritis and Im her carer so no probs on the caps .....

I wish everyone would calm down on ere, I never said anythin bad and never intended to get anyone comin back at me with attitude at all, Im quite a calm person and as of many of you ave enough probs in the *real world* without avin it all on ere too, I came and offered an alternative is all, god I would even make tags for ppl to stop all this on the net, Im goin for a coffee now and smoke as I suggest time out aint a bad idea now and then :tounge2:

Witchyredrose said:
ARE YOU SAYING BECAUSE I DECIEDE TO TAKE A BREAK, BECAUSE I WAS TALKED TO SO RUDELY AND EVEN CALLED A DUMMIE AND THAT I HAVE NO TALENT , THAT I LEFT BECAUSE I RIPPED THINGS FROM OTHER PEOPLE????? WELL, ITS NOT TRUE, I NEVER STOLE ANYTHING! THE ONLY THINGS I EVEN KNOW HOW TO DO ARE FROM TUTORIALS THAT ESSEX HAS BEEN KIND ENOUGH TO TEACH TO US. I DONT STEAL!!!PLEASE DONT ACCUSE ME OF THAT.
WITCHYREDROSE.
P.S. I ALSO TYPE IN CAPS AS I HAVE EXPLAINED TO JUDY, BECAUSE MY HANDS HAVE ARTURITTIS(SPELLED WRONG SORRY) AND ITS SO MUCH EASIER TO TYPE WITHOUT HAVING TO USE THE SHIFT KEY. SO I AM NOT YELLING I AM ASKING .
 
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
1,169
Likes
138
AngelJuoles said:
Number 1 . Who are you? I dont remember mentionin yours or anyone elses names as stealin anythin nor did accuse anyone of anythin !!
Number 2. It is good that someone is helpin ppl out there, I ave done plenty of teachin ppl psp and such myself ....
Number 3. I offered other options for ppl to get things by creators themselves to make things easier on here !!

As for the arthritis I know how that can be, my ma suffers from rumatoid *spellin* arthritis and Im her carer so no probs on the caps .....

I wish everyone would calm down on ere, I never said anythin bad and never intended to get anyone comin back at me with attitude at all, Im quite a calm person and as of many of you ave enough probs in the *real world* without avin it all on ere too, I came and offered an alternative is all, god I would even make tags for ppl to stop all this on the net, Im goin for a coffee now and smoke as I suggest time out aint a bad idea now and then :tounge2:
HELLO,
I AM WRITING TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.
YOUR FIRST QUESTION : I AM CALLED WITCHYREDROSE HERE ON THE ROO. AND WHEN I ASKED ABOUT THE STEALING PART OF MY ORIGINAL POST IT WAS BECAUSE I SAW THIS IN YOUR ORIGINAL POST:
So it seems to me the ppl gettin all eat up by it all are the ones that are wanting to keep rippin our stuff :

AND I AM ONE OF THE PEOPLE THAT GOT ALL ATE UP BECAUSE I WAS SPOKEN TO RUDELY AND TOLD HOW MUCH ANY WORK I HAVE DONE WAS UGLY AND THAT I WAS DUMB WHEN I ASKED QUESTIONS.I DIDNT SAY YOU SAID NAMES AT ALL.I ONLY ASKED IF YOU WERE REFERING TO ME, BECAUSE IN POSTS IT COULD BE SEEN THAT I WAS ONE THAT WAS ATE UP.
YOUR NUMBER TWO QUESTION WAS ABOUT SOME PEOPLE ON HERE TEACHING, AND YES, I AGREE THAT IT IS VERY GOOD THAT PEOPLE WANT TO HELP.
YOUR NUMBER THREE QUESTION WAS ABOUT OFFERING OTHER SOLUTIONS FOR PEOPLE TO GET THINGS FROM CREATORS WHICH I THINK IS VERY ADMIRABLE! YAY!!! WE CAN ALWAYS USE A GREAT PLACE TO GO TO GET WONDERFUL THINGS.

I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MOTHER, AND I AM SURE SHE IS LUCKY TO HAVE YOU TO HELP.
I AM VERY CALM ABOUT THIS AND WAS IN MY ORIGINAL POST. I WAS ONLY ASKING THE QUESTION.
THANKYOU FOR ALL YOU DO.
SINCERLY WITCHYREDROSE. MEMBER OF JOKAROO 9-6-04.
 

sewnutzcl1

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2003
Messages
14,462
Likes
351
Can someone please answer my question, instead of bickering?

Well an interesting question came to mind this morning. I have several Native American pictures that came from a free site that clearly stated for any use, they are not copyrighted or watermarked that I know of. But I have seen them used as incredimail stationary. They were obviously not made for incredimail, so what if I use these pics in something? Will someone from incredimail complain about it? I would not be ripping apart anything that you actually made but using the images that I got from somewhere else. I do use incredimail but have noticed recently that several other pictures that I have come across in the past are being used as incredimail stationary. So what then?

That explains your work, but when I see for example this pic;


or this one;


used as incredimail stationary, when I know I originally got it from a website with free graphics on it, and someone from incredimail claims it is their work, what am I supposed to do?
Yes I have seen both of these pics used in incredimail stationary.

I'm only trying to understand this as much as possible so we can all get along and come to some sort of happy medium here.
 
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
117
Likes
23
No one will complain or they shouldn't you are okay using those graphics.........they complain when the very same graphic that they already altered with filters and glitters and such is used............this is where people failed to explain to you all.........the graphic is fair game what they get upset about it that they take the time to "fancy" it up, so to speak and then it's ripped and altered.......you do as you please with the very same graphic.......i've seen the same graphic come through incredimail groups done up so many ways........it's everyone's personal touch........I guess you can say that's what creator's get upset about is that you've altered their "personal touch" Hope this explains it for you :D
sewnutzcl1 said:
Can someone please answer my question, instead of bickering?

Well an interesting question came to mind this morning. I have several Native American pictures that came from a free site that clearly stated for any use, they are not copyrighted or watermarked that I know of. But I have seen them used as incredimail stationary. They were obviously not made for incredimail, so what if I use these pics in something? Will someone from incredimail complain about it? I would not be ripping apart anything that you actually made but using the images that I got from somewhere else. I do use incredimail but have noticed recently that several other pictures that I have come across in the past are being used as incredimail stationary. So what then?

That explains your work, but when I see for example this pic;


or this one;


used as incredimail stationary, when I know I originally got it from a website with free graphics on it, and someone from incredimail claims it is their work, what am I supposed to do?
Yes I have seen both of these pics used in incredimail stationary.

I'm only trying to understand this as much as possible so we can all get along and come to some sort of happy medium here.
 

AngelJuoles

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2005
Messages
3
Likes
0
I dont know bout other posts as I try not to get into other ppl's fights, it seems to me that there has been quite some of that on ere! I ave read a few posts that said this is a fun place and thats a great idea for any place as we all like to ave fun, I dont know wot has been said to you by other ppl but am glad that u understood wot I was tryin to say and in wot I was tryin to do to help *difuse* the situation ....... Wot I meant by wot I put about ppl gettin eat up by wantin to rip our stuff, well it seemed from wot I had read that it was the case and I still stand by that, But I sure didnt say *everyone* as I wouldnt mark all by a couple of ppl's standards, as I hope others wont with me ....... Anytime you feel like stoppin by my website and avin a nosey feel free to do so and if you like to ave name tags n such then there is a group I run called AngelJuolesUpdates where I make tags n such for other ppl, I do alot of makin things for ppl with their own pics too which is wot I love to do so feel free anytime ....... It looks to ave quietened down on ere now with all the threads so thats good huh ....... Nice to ave met u anyway even if it was under not so good circumstances :0)

Witchyredrose said:
HELLO,
I AM WRITING TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.
YOUR FIRST QUESTION : I AM CALLED WITCHYREDROSE HERE ON THE ROO. AND WHEN I ASKED ABOUT THE STEALING PART OF MY ORIGINAL POST IT WAS BECAUSE I SAW THIS IN YOUR ORIGINAL POST:
So it seems to me the ppl gettin all eat up by it all are the ones that are wanting to keep rippin our stuff :

AND I AM ONE OF THE PEOPLE THAT GOT ALL ATE UP BECAUSE I WAS SPOKEN TO RUDELY AND TOLD HOW MUCH ANY WORK I HAVE DONE WAS UGLY AND THAT I WAS DUMB WHEN I ASKED QUESTIONS.I DIDNT SAY YOU SAID NAMES AT ALL.I ONLY ASKED IF YOU WERE REFERING TO ME, BECAUSE IN POSTS IT COULD BE SEEN THAT I WAS ONE THAT WAS ATE UP.
YOUR NUMBER TWO QUESTION WAS ABOUT SOME PEOPLE ON HERE TEACHING, AND YES, I AGREE THAT IT IS VERY GOOD THAT PEOPLE WANT TO HELP.
YOUR NUMBER THREE QUESTION WAS ABOUT OFFERING OTHER SOLUTIONS FOR PEOPLE TO GET THINGS FROM CREATORS WHICH I THINK IS VERY ADMIRABLE! YAY!!! WE CAN ALWAYS USE A GREAT PLACE TO GO TO GET WONDERFUL THINGS.

I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR MOTHER, AND I AM SURE SHE IS LUCKY TO HAVE YOU TO HELP.
I AM VERY CALM ABOUT THIS AND WAS IN MY ORIGINAL POST. I WAS ONLY ASKING THE QUESTION.
THANKYOU FOR ALL YOU DO.
SINCERLY WITCHYREDROSE. MEMBER OF JOKAROO 9-6-04.
 

kipper

Super Moderator
Joined
May 8, 2004
Messages
29,250
Likes
598
mr.zebwa's mama said:
can I just say that all these girls are doing is the same thing!!! I'm very sure that they will be MORE than careful NOT to post andything with a (c) on it again but stuff with watermarks and stuff that doesn't have a (c) on it they can do as they please with it! No one here is selling anything for profit they are making sig tags for Jokaroo forum!!

I agree that if it lands in my hands with a (c) on it. I will never use it BUT how would I know if 1000 people ago some one psp'ed it? These ladies had no intention of hurting anyone
If it gets in my hands with a (c) on it. i will add U N T S coz i think thats what they are.
 

vixen_dear

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Messages
4,233
Likes
189
sassynstubborn2 said:
No one will complain or they shouldn't you are okay using those graphics.........they complain when the very same graphic that they already altered with filters and glitters and such is used............this is where people failed to explain to you all.........the graphic is fair game what they get upset about it that they take the time to "fancy" it up, so to speak and then it's ripped and altered.......you do as you please with the very same graphic.......i've seen the same graphic come through incredimail groups done up so many ways........it's everyone's personal touch........I guess you can say that's what creator's get upset about is that you've altered their "personal touch" Hope this explains it for you :D
:thumbs-up As a longtime member of jokaroo, I've never been in competition with who makes the most or best signatures. Sometimes I wonder if people want to make it bigger or better, but hey that's there thing ;) I think it just signifies there personality for most of the roo members here. They want to express there feelings or share apart of there lives. That's what makes jokaroo cool too. I always thought people liked making there sigs because it was for fun. I never really paid much head to those glitter sites or sigs made. I did go in some, but it was usually hard to catch up in, anyway. I could not do what jokaroo sig makkers could do, I just thought it was mostly for there enjoyment. And if someone made me a sig, I gladly took it with apprecation When I looked at for a siggie picture on the internet before, I tried to make sure it was okay to use. I know there is artists on the internet, but in all my years of playing with jokaroo, it was never a issue until now. But I think it's only because of so many members. Maybe you artists found your pictures being abused, and I think that's exactly how some are used as. I just use a picture w/o messin' with it, because I don't usually have time to do what others do. No offense taken by me, but you have a right to take back what is rightfully yours. I don't know how it was approached because I have not been reading the other threads, but I always make sure to read what jokaroo writes. I don't want to lose my privallege of having fun. I come specifically here for my friends and to enjoy others. I love the people here, even if I don't know people so well. But some of the behavior here is just sad. I do know one thing that I have learned from school and I still do. If someone writes a paper and copies it, that's plagriasim and cheating. And I think that's dishonesty. I won't be dishonest to you artists. I enjoy the beatiful pictures you have made and if someone did think that I was copyrighting, then I will handle the problem through pm. And I know that artist will tell me. So, if I'm cheating, make sure we handle it like civilized adults. Thank you.
 

squirt

Administrator
Joined
May 5, 2004
Messages
765,411
Likes
25,773
FIREHOUSE2011 said:
Ok,

Not quite sure what i do here but im gonna give this a shot. Im new here so if im wrong point me in the right direction. Im a single father of 1. He is 6 and really just starting to test me ALOT. I asked him to do something and doesnt do it. He asked if he could put on his new shoes and i said no. not 30 seconds later did i see him with his shoes on about to go outside. UGGGGGGGGGH. I was hot. He is now grounded in his room for 2 hours. Any ideas out there.

Yours truly,
Desprite Single Father
trust me and go here, I put this in the relationship forum, this is a thread right here on the Roo, it's a safe link ...

http://board.jokaroo.com/relationsh...er-needs-help-his-3-year-old.html#post1632785
 

GoldCoast

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
249
Likes
8
I'm a father of nine. I've found that getting them sterilized at birth and keeping them as personal slaves to work on my farm for the rest of their pathetic lives was the only way to go.....
 

nanny mags

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
8,473
Likes
320
If it gets in my hands with a (c) on it. i will add U N T S coz i think thats what they are.


Lol thats funny you don't put it on mine lolxxxxxx
 

nanny mags

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
8,473
Likes
320
I think most of us do sig pics for fun ,and we love to share them ,i have never taken a pic and said it was mine i dont think any of us do ,if a pic is put on the web i believe it,s put there for everyones pleasure as long as it,s not altered in anyway anyone can use it at least mine they can xxxxx
 

indianajoe

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Joined
Feb 26, 2005
Messages
36,284
Likes
147
I chat in a chat forum that uses Avatars and there is always this constant battle going on about how someone stole someones av. Even though the same av can be gotten at a paint site where avs are posted for the taking...seems a bit silly to me...because there is always the possibility that
someone found the same picture and used it as a sig....unless it still has your name on it.