Rain Rain Go Away (And take the scary shit with ya) lol

AuroraAngel

We have had ongoing rain and severe weather in Illinois, where I live. Here is the nasty tornado that was just 6 miles from my home. I could hear it as it slowly moved. We are looking at at least 4 more days of severe weather and all I can think is: "Where is my May Flowers?!?" lol

I feel for the farmers in this state. There is constant flooding and most of the fields are swamped in water.

This is a short video of the tornado today near where I live:

Here is a link with a longer video of it near the Fairgrounds...

UPDATE: Central Illinois under tornado watch until 6 p.m.

Side note: I am scared shitless of storms.

Some flowers would be nice to see! lol

Last edited:

squirt

Administrator
that's not a tornado, that's a monstrosity! hiding.gif
I've always been told they sound like a freight train ... do they really?
I've spent many a night in a storm shelter, but I've never *knocks on wood* seen one
you are wrapped in love and prayers, as is your community and loved ones!
iloveyouheart.jpg

AuroraAngel

that's not a tornado, that's a monstrosity! View attachment 61956
I've always been told they sound like a freight train ... do they really?
I've spent many a night in a storm shelter, but I've never *knocks on wood* seen one
you are wrapped in love and prayers, as is your community and loved ones!
View attachment 61957

This didn't sound like a freight train. It sounded like constant rolling thunder in a circular motion and didn't pause at all. It continued for at least 10 minutes and all I could do was wonder how close it was to me and feel for the people in its path.

Thank you so much for your love and prayers.

Here are some flowers for you, Tic.

We had a F1 hit our neighborhood 3 weeks ago,we watched it come at us across the fields and hit our neighbors tree across the street,it was like the hand of god reached down grabbed his bradford pear tree squeezed it above the ground about 5 ft and slammed it to the ground,came to our house went around the back and snapped a tree that was over 500 years old passed our house went up the hill and threw a pine tree through a elderly couples roof and hit him in the head,this all happened in a 5 minute span and the whole time Holly had our grandbaby in the tub scared to death,so be safe and take cover!!

AuroraAngel

We had a F1 hit our neighborhood 3 weeks ago,we watched it come at us across the fields and hit our neighbors tree across the street,it was like the hand of god reached down grabbed his bradford pear tree squeezed it above the ground about 5 ft and slammed it to the ground,came to our house went around the back and snapped a tree that was over 500 years old passed our house went up the hill and threw a pine tree through a elderly couples roof and hit him in the head,this all happened in a 5 minute span and the whole time Holly had our grandbaby in the tub scared to death,so be safe and take cover!!

Wow, that would be a sight to see! Not that I would want to witness it.

AuroraAngel

Be safe pretty lady,at least we have the smokey mountains that usually detours Big storms but if they come up I-85 it will hit us.

I certainly will. My heart and prayers go out to all that have been affected by these storms. I'm not in the clear just yet. I am keeping an eye on the radar and I have my radio going for weather updates. Plus, I have a good friend that watches for me too and said, "if I call, you'd better answer!" lol :D

I'm happy that most storms detour you.

AuroraAngel

Update:

The rain has stayed to the east of me this afternoon and there isn't much there to speak of. The sun is shining and I am thrilled for a little break from the storms.
They are still calling for some possible severe weather late tonight and tomorrow. If all goes well, we will be thru with the rain by Monday night!

AuroraAngel

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
OMGosh! I haven't heard that sound in a long time, growing up in in Wisconsin my city had three of those sirens. Mom would get us all into the fruit cellar and bolt the doors. Had a radio cots to sleep on and lots of canned and bottled stuff.
All I wanted to do is get out of there and see if I could see one. Remembering then watching the news afterwards there were three of them in our country.

I remember will one year tonado's took out the hole city of Mayville,WI. it's about 10 miles from Waupun where we were. Yes the hole city was flattened.

Prayers are with you Aurora.

AuroraAngel

OMGosh! I haven't heard that sound in a long time, growing up in in Wisconsin my city had three of those sirens. Mom would get us all into the fruit cellar and bolt the doors. Had a radio cots to sleep on and lots of canned and bottled stuff.
All I wanted to do is get out of there and see if I could see one. Remembering then watching the news afterwards there were three of them in our country.

I remember will one year tonado's took out the hole city of Mayville,WI. it's about 10 miles from Waupun where we were. Yes the hole city was flattened.

Prayers are with you Aurora.

Wow, that's just unbelievable, StevenT. I remember many nights in the basement when I was young too. The worst tornado I can remember was the one in my hometown that took an entire mobile home and crushed it like a tin can in the trees. I will never forget that sight.

Thank you so much for your prayers, Hun.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
I was like 11 or 13 when Mayville got hit we had three's on top of roofs and cars in the next county. Also remember the tons of people going over to Mayville and helping everyone.
I think that anyone that had a BBQ was there too, cause omg could smell the hamburgers, steaks and Bratwurst cooking for everyone .
The churches in other cities put people up with everything the needed.
But what I remember most was the Red Cross putting up their tents and taking pictures. Then learned that they said we had it covered and they left. Also in the Milwaukee Journal on the front page was a picture of the Red Cross Tent and a story of the Tornado. Yes that Freakin' Pissed me off, it pissed off a lot of people there too I later learned.
Yup even at that age I was pretty much outspoken.

Just watched your video and to everyone that hasn't heard a Tornado Siren in real life turn the volume up to it's highest mark and try to imagine it 800 times Louder.

Last edited: