red alert

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I do.... cos you're a bloody wizard, that's why ~ we mere morals have to suffer .....LOL

Not much of a constructive reply I admit my friend ~ but couldn't resist..........

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="LilMissPurrfect, post: 4963427]Having the site tab open is no problem at all.......

I mean clicking a link to "Imgur" but got redirected
[/QUOTE]

No my dear one ~ I have Imgur in my Chrome tool bar ~ and have just clicked on that, and it comes up.

[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 4963426]I really don't understand why I'm not affected, either at home via my 3 mobile dongle connection on a laptop or at work on a tower via broadband, both systems using Chrome.[/QUOTE]

Do you have safe browsing dis- or enabled in your settings?

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="LilMissPurrfect, post: 4963430]Do you have safe browsing dis- or enabled in your settings?[/QUOTE]
I don't have any of the Chrome privacy settings checked (at least here at work), that could explain it. :clap:

Bamber

Super Moderator
Well, that post has at least proved you are the real LMP. :teeth:

As for me, what proof do you need I am the Roo wizard? Should I curdle your milk? :noidea:

That's not a euphemism by the way; a euphemism is a brass instrument similar to a tuba. :grin:

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="likeaneagle, post: 4963523]I still get the red alert[/QUOTE]

You will, I did at the same time Norton said it was safe, over road Chrome red alert and Norton still says it's safe. I still believe it's android related.

likeaneagle

[QUOTE="LilMissPurrfect, post: 4963423]It's not just an android virus I think.

Has anyone clicked an redirected imgur link recently? Or uploaded a picture through such a link?
[/QUOTE]

yes. I use imgur most the time now .. no problems with it( so far)!:angel:

squirt

Administrator
she's talking about a hot link, most of us use the image codes for message boards from Imgur

usually, when we have an issue like this, it's because somebody has used a hot link
but if that's the cause, we haven't found it yet

Goodgrief

The question of the day is: "Will anyone be able to pin-point who the criminal who did this?"

Yes, this is a crime.

squirt

Administrator
the research I'm doing says that Google sees us as a social engineering deceptive site
it says that there may be attempts here to get you to click on a link and/or download a program to "fix" your computer
or that we may not really be who we say we are, aka a deceptive site (one that makes you think you're here when you're really there)
there was also a removal request form that I filled out saying that this is a message board that's been in existence since 2003 and is heavily monitored and moderated
all of us know not to click links from people we don't know, most of us know not to download programs that "fix" our computers

for what it's worth, after being here last night, rk ran 3 scans on his computer and they all came out clean, all 3

only time will tell if we'll ever know the cause

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4963540]the research I'm doing says that Google sees us as a social engineering deceptive site
it says that there may be attempts here to get you to click on a link and/or download a program to "fix" your computer
or that we may not really be who we say we are, aka a deceptive site (one that makes you think you're here when you're really there)
there was also a removal request form that I filled out saying that this is a message board that's been in existence since 2003 and is heavily monitored and moderated
all of us know not to click links from people we don't know, most of us know not to download programs that "fix" our computers

for what it's worth, after being here last night, rk ran 3 scans on his computer and they all came out clean, all 3

only time will tell if we'll ever know the cause
[/QUOTE]
and also did online safety scans...google being the only one that says it is unsafe
Norton...WEB TRUST and Phish Tank all saying there are no issues

squirt

Administrator
:thankyou:

and here's what Google says about it:

Attackers on this site might try to trick you to download software or steal your information (for example passwords, messages, or credit card information).

it seems that one of their problems with us is that we're not encrypted
we don't buy or sell anything, there's no reason to encrypt the Roo
I run Firefox and there's now a little i with a circle around it up to the left of the URL, and to the right of the GO BACK arrow
it says that my connection here on the Roo is not private and could be viewed by others
we've known that all along
it also had a MORE link that told me that I have no saved passwords on this site
there's no information here for them to phish

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Well guys ~ did my bit for the computer world ~ came in via Chrome, got the red alert bit, so left a message to say that this is a safe site, that members know each other ~ and it stupid to keep flashing up this warning.... and guess what ~ I got this...

so there we are... the a..holes have told me to enjoy myself ~ which I will do...... ​the worlds gone mad I tell you...lol

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4963549]:thankyou:

there's no information here for them to phish
[/QUOTE]

Not here....The Roo is safe so far, as long as we don't click any links or open anything.
And I would suggest that we don't even click and open links from eachother till we figured out where the problem is.

But we might be dealing with adware/spyware or keyloggers.....which means that when you click on a link you get redirected and software can be planted on your computer and they can follow you around on the internet,
Online shopping, online banking, passwords to any site, anywhere you go they will know and can abuse it.

If it is an android thing like Kipper said.....your telephone number is at risk as well. And you don't want to answer the phone to find out it's from a server in Mauritius and you're paying for the call. lol
Again......they can only do so if we click on links or open anything.

Not sure if we should all report that this site is safe if we don't know ourself what and where is going on.
If all went well the owners of the Roo are informed by now that their forum is red flagged.

Again,....we're all safe as long as we don't click or open anything......

Last edited: