Retail restraint (please add)

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4878565]had a lady yesterday, I was in the middle of SCO, running 6 registers, and she picks me to ask if we have rain checks for water ... ? lol

huh?!
what water? lol
so I pointed to customer service and told her that's where she'd get a rain check, and she wouldn't go, she wanted me to tell her whether or not we had rain checks for water
I finally told her I have no idea what you want, customer service can help you get what you need
turned out she was looking for the water that was in the ad, and there was a display of it by ... you got it ... customer service lol
[/QUOTE]
did you ask who tied her shoes for her that day...lmao..yes they walk among us

Bamber

Super Moderator
See, I'd definitely be no good at your job; I'd have asked for a rain check on giving an answer and walked away.

squirt

Administrator
I love instant karma lol
we were in the evening rush, me running SCO, I've all 6 registers going and a line
and this lady decides she's going to give me a hard time because it was taking me so long to clear her errors, 15 seconds instead of the 7 seconds it usually takes me lol
I just said there's 6 of ya'll and 1 of me, and she mouthed off something, I just walked away
but my remote started going off, she'd pulled her stuff and was leaving the store without paying lol
I had to chase her down and have her come back and pay
she set her purse down in the bagging area and I told her she couldn't put her purse there, she says, "I know how these things work!"
ok ... so I walk away again, and next thing I know, she's asking why the machine isn't taking her money?
I told her to push the "pay now" button ...

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4879208]I love instant karma lol
we were in the evening rush, me running SCO, I've all 6 registers going and a line
and this lady decides she's going to give me a hard time because it was taking me so long to clear her errors, 15 seconds instead of the 7 seconds it usually takes me lol
I just said there's 6 of ya'll and 1 of me, and she mouthed off something, I just walked away
but my remote started going off, she'd pulled her stuff and was leaving the store without paying lol
I had to chase her down and have her come back and pay
she set her purse down in the bagging area and I told her she couldn't put her purse there, she says, "I know how these things work!"
ok ... so I walk away again, and next thing I know, she's asking why the machine isn't taking her money?
I told her to push the "pay now" button ...
[/QUOTE]
​lmfao...that will teach the BLEEP...lmao

squirt

Administrator
there's just no explaining some things lol
had a lady today who was so blatantly trying to steal, that a customer reported her to me
so we watched her for a bit, she was standing at the toothache section, she'd get an item from the shelf, act like she was reading the label, open it, take some and put it back on the shelf!
she managed to do this to 2 different kinds of orajel (topical pain reliever), a container of Kanka (for canker sores), a bottle of orajel mouth wash, and 2 bottles of mouth wash
so we got the manager, and she went into the bathroom, they waited probably 10 minutes or more for her to come out of the bathroom, finally sent a department manager in to get her, and asked her to pay for the items or leave the store
found out she'd been asked to leave the store yesterday too
about 20 minutes later, she was back! at customer service trying to return an item she never paid for
when the manager told her she was asked to leave the store, she said she had money now? lol
I doubt it was enough to pay for what she'd already stolen/damaged though lol
he made her leave the store!
and about 20 minutes later, here she comes, walking right by the manager who'd asked her to leave lol
he called the cops lol

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 4894979]
[/QUOTE]

I have wanted to say that so many F ing times.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
Customer Service; your a mean person Ms. Squirt. I worked customer service for 8.5 months at a retail store something like WalMart this one was called Copps in Madison,Wisc. I would get people in there teens and low 20's for returns that when I scanned it it showed we nor any other store in the Wisc. area had sold one in over 10+ years but they wanted there money back without a recipe of course. The manager was usually there or by one of those nasty cashiers helping them. Mostly if they got out of hand we'd tell them there is a no return on that item and give them store credit. Also asking them to please wait right there this will take a minute. (Yup police were called)

When working the Furniture department (only because I was a big guy and could handle those god disjusting large over stuffed easy chairs and king beds) There are 12"x 18" black on white signs with a red boarder saying the price I would love when people would ask how much is that bed without the pillows, pillow cases, bedspread & teddy bears? Pointing at the display models.

Another store policy was you do not sell the display models of bicycles. And in sporting goods I would always try to sell one of those first because that would take me out of the store where "they" were and would have to assemble another one in the back. Hey I always loved riding a twelve hundred dollar bicycle around Madison's Univ. (You know it's a chick magnet)

Bamber

Super Moderator
A glimpse into the work life of people like Squirt...

Last edited:

squirt

Administrator
well ... I didn't show much restraint last night lol :peekaboo:
it's 1AM, the store is officially closed, and I've got customers at every register, plus trying to make sure everything is locked, turned off, put up, straightened up
and this guy scans 7 containers of strawberries, then decides he doesn't want them anymore :hairpull:
each one has to be voided off, one by one, and as I'm doing this, I said, "oh goodie, now I get to go put them back!" lol
they have to be put up before I can punch out, he couldn't have decided after scanning 1, or 2? he has to scan all 7? lol :hide:

then there was the lady that was having a party today, and decided to do her shopping after midnight the day before her party ...
she wanted hamburger patties, and we only had one package in the case
she pitched a fit, made me hunt for somebody to look for more, when I didn't find anybody, I went back into the freezer to look, and it was like looking for a needle in a haystack
and THEN she said, I'll just come back tomorrow for those ... lol

and there was the guy who wanted a certain kind of moscato, and wanted me to get a manager to go look in the back
it's 12:30AM on a Saturday night and he thinks there's a manager there?! lmao :point: