Saint Isabel

Synopsis

Saint Isabel is a rare hospital run by Dr. Frank Carles, 30 tenants are hospitalized, all chosen by the same doctor, murderers, rapists, people who seemed normal to others, but who are not. They are chosen by the doctor to enter to rehabilitate from their inner evilness, which for the doctor are merely spiritual rather than psychological.

The story unfolds in an apocalyptic world, full of wars everywhere and lack of love. Where good and evil make their entrance, they fight among themselves, a world where angels and demons invade the earth without the human being to know.

Here is the story of Sam, a girl found by the doctor wandering the streets at the age of 4, alone without a family, adopted by him and taken to live in the hospital, for reasons that only the doctor knows, until now, this is girl that builds a connection with people she knows the second she meets them, including characters who are rehabilitated in hospital feel appreciation for her. She also gets a special connection with animals, plants and the environment around her, never being sick in her life, and she suffers from what some would call panic attacks or crisis of hallucinations and psychosis, but according to the doctor, they are part of how special she is.

There are also short stories of some of the tenants of the hospital, as well as the story of Doctor Fran Carles and the reason for his love for the paranormal areas of life and science, his connection with Sam and the rest of those chosen for rehabilitation in the hospital.

Chapter I

She sat by her window every day to spy on her neighbors, which was difficult for her because she did not have neigbors, but she looked out of the window as if she expected a small house to appear next to her, one of those cottages with grass around and beautiful white fence matching with the beautiful pastel pink and lilac color combination of the cottage, from where one day you would be able to see children or cute little girls with pig tails on their hair go out and play in front of it.

She always imagined, and even got to hear, how the laughter flooded the atmosphere and they, traveling through the darkness, came to her window creating that strange feeling she almost did not recognize - a smile and two tears.

Suddenly, footsteps take her out of her vision and make her see the arid, hot and lonely landscape outside her window.

-Sam!, is lunchtime! - said a crude, unemotional voice that, opening the crew below the steel door, slid a plate ful of some sort of grotesque, flaccid and pale paste.

-Ugh! Same again Diego?! - she asked as she sat on the floor next to the plate waiting for anything to complete the course.

-Come on Sam! You know it's smash Wednesday! - said the tired man changing his voice of coarse and cold into a laughing and warm kind - And don't get too comfortable there on the floor girl, this time this is it, there is no accompaniment, and soon there will be no more smash for me to give - and so he went his way

The institution was in decline, taxpayers lost the confidence or interest in supporting or financing the studies and other services provided in Saint Isabel, but that would not cause Dr. Carles (Frank Carles or Dr.[FONT=&quot]Frankenstein as Sam preferred to call it) to lose the vision of someday finding the cure for so many inner evils treated in the institution and, especially, that evil dwelling inside Sam.[/FONT]

Unheard! Waste of time they call this? - cried exalted Dr. Carles in his office after receiving a letter from one of the last two contributors - the work of my life is a waste of time for them ?! And the life of these poor wretches who suffer is not important? - throwing the letter to the floor and putting a foot on it - and what of the great achievements and the fact of being within reach of healing other diseases for the good of all humanity?! Isn't that worth the time?! - a knock on the door - who is this and what do you wants?

Doctor? - a weak and timid voice replied

Anne, it's you! - Returning to his chair in front of the desk - come in dear, do not fear - he sat on his chair and put his hands on his forehead

Excuse the interruption Doctor, but I have to show you the results of the patient no.[FONT=&quot]25[/FONT][FONT=&quot]'s exams - she comes in with papers in hand and put them on the desk[/FONT]

Very well- said Dr. Carles while taking the papers - were those the results of the nesting of the ocular cells or the phyro-30 tests of his arms?

Both, doctor- she said as she got closer to the desk - the evolution in the cells is totally fascinating! Although if you can see on his arm pictures, there are no changes, it is confusing

All right, thank you very much, Anne- He turns his chair around and prepares himself to analyze the papers under the light coming from the window- You can go now, girl, keep me informed of the condition of the patient and also about Sam.

Sam? - The nurse returned her face towards the door - she does not have exams today and you already saw the results from last week.

yes, girl, Sam! it's almost 2 o'clock in the afternoon, it's time for her to go out to the common courtyard, make sure everything is in order, we don't know what would happen this time- he said while smirking in a mischievous way.

Yes sir! - and she went outside the office and went to the security room to alert and prepare everything for Sam's free time.

Meanwhile Sam is in her cell, finishing her lunch and thinking about many things we might never know about.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
I love stories like this although see fault in all of them for to the people that doctors physiatrists psychologists and sociologist seem hard to understand what they are going through and feeling is normal to them.

I love stories like this although see fault in all of them for to the people that doctors physiatrists psychologists and sociologist seem hard to understand what they are going through and feeling is normal to them. [/COLOR][/SIZE]
I would have appreaciated you to wait to read a bit more before butchering this one xD

Chapter II

The alarms ring incessantly and the nurses, doctors and other Saint Isabel team run from one side to the other shouting things that in the distance made no sense.

- Secure the main gate - She bit me! I have been bitten! Bring more darts!
- he's out of control!

Alexandra was always a disaster when she left her imprisonment, since the doctor picked her up in one of the regular jails of the capital city. One of the most ruthless serial killer, some called her the golden ninja, others said she was devil's daughter.

Dr. Carles always thought that murderers and other criminals must have some kind of treatable discomfort, even more a spiritual need that could be restored with medicines and paranormal arts. It is worth mentioning that his ideas and few results have cost him to lose taxpayers who support Saint Isabel.

When the doctor found Alexandra he knew she was special, when he saw that look full of love and inner peace he knew that there was a reason for his way of acting, even though for society she was an angel-faced demon, the doctor felt she was deserving of entering the program and trying to rescue her from her affliction.

Alexandra is a quiet, cold and very intelligent girl, analyzes everything that surrounds her and has a photographic memory worth admiring, she does not talk much with her mouth but is able to make herself understood with the way looks at people, as well as understand the thinking of others with merely corporal lenguage. A very beautiful young woman, tall, white complexion, wavy hair with a light brown color, green eyes, although some swore they turned a little red when she stared at them.

10 deaths in her record, in 10 different ways, deaths that she accepted to have caused following the laws of life, she said in her testimony.

"Monster, they call me? A monster? me? Is God also a monster by letting innocent children be killed at birth? oh no! It is the law of life, let be born those who must be born and die those who must die. I am the hand of the angel of death, I am the one who does what others would never dare, I am the hidden face of the wild morality of life, a monster? Look around, weep the death of 10 people who should die, hypocrites! The number 6 cheated on his wife and beat his children, the second raped his stepdaughter, the last was a prostitute who enjoyed infecting other with AIDS ... you should all thank me ..." were her only words at the court.

The doctor loved to sit and chat with her from time to time, a very intelligent girl who could talk about everything, math and politics, movies and music. Generally she was calm, meditated a lot, talked little but did not offend anyone, she could learn from her in many subjects.

But when she entered in any crisis, she'd become wild and with a speed and force that required the isolation. That afternoon, for example, she was meditating under the sun for an hour, and as one of the other patients approached, he snatched at him and broke his left arm in one single straight swoop. Regardless of the training of security guards and hospital equipment, only 3 tranquilizer darts were able to handle her.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
✯.ĶɩɭɭյoŶ.✯;5093037 said:
I would have appreaciated you to wait to read a bit more before butchering this one xD
Sorry Honey I said this not intending to butcher your story just to point out that all physiatrists are not always right they are not gods and thank goodness for that. Yes I have personal dealings with them.

Oh yes keep the story coming really enjoying it as Squirt says bring out the popcorn with tons of real butter.

Chapter III

Saint Isabel is a white building with gray touches. It consists of 4 wings (east, west, north and south) with 50 rooms (or cells as some call them) a large back yard surrounded by white walls that doesn't allow a view of the outside world.

The building was initially built to imprison insurgents in wartime, then expanded and used as a monastery, which was abandoned after paranormal incidents. It was also attempted to make it a boarding school for wealthy children. Afterwards it was made a substances rehabilitation center named "Isabella Morry Peace Center" where Dr. Carles began working at the age of 16 under the command of Dr. Raymond Schaffer who made him his right hand until his death 10 years later. After that, Dr. Carles renamed it Saint Isabel Clinic.

The halls of Saint Isabel are cold and repetitive. The cells are very small rooms where there is only room for a small and uncomfortable bed, a small table, two chairs glued to the floor and a small closet for personal items, although not all the tenants have one of them since they are not allowed to have any kind of artefacts, for their own safety.

The 30 tenants of Saint Isabel are special characters, each of them has their own story. Brought from all over the country and the world. 29 of them have already been in jail, considered psychopaths and lunatics, phenomena or simply people that no one wants to have close.

Dr. Carles has always had an interest in paranormal things, the soul afflictions of people who, according to his philosophy, start in the soul and heart and then migrate to the mind and culminate in unusual behaviors, such as kill someone for no apparent reasons and without remorse.

Many people could swear that the Doctor's eyes can see the soul of each person and that's why he only interns and works with the people he has personally seen and talked to. Other people have classified the Doctor like a madman who lost his reason from a very young age, from the incident in his hometown, incident that left him orphaned at the young age of 9 years old.

The doctor is a tall man, about 1.82 mts, white as milk, jet black hair, long eyelashes and eyebrows as black as his hair that frame the light brown eyes he got from his mother, Lucy, turning his eyes so deep and full of mystery. His physical appearance attracts more than one woman right after seeing him, many have been deceived thinking that he is as young as 22 to 29 years old, the face of an innocent angel who knows nothing about the world.

As a boy, Frank Carles was always very quiet and solitary, imaginative and dreamy. He was able to walk and pronounce his first words and concrete sentences at his first year of life. Recognized as a prodigy child in his country. At age 32 the Doctor had already completed his studies in Medicine and Applied Psychology at the best university in the country, had traveled the world and worked in many centers of psychological help, a bachelor's degree in theology and post-graduate in Modern Dark Arts. He has spent more than half his life in understanding the paranormal side of things and unifying it with psychology and existentialist philosophy. He has been cataloged as crazy and dreamy by many.

Time passes and many wonder how a child who was punished by life at an early age has been so strong as to move on alone, studied and passed every test without any support.

Saint Isabel is a place full of curious personalities and serious unexplained cases. It is very difficult to find new staff willing to work there. Especially because as investors, sponsors and business partners are gradually withdrawing, the salary has also dropped very badly.

Chapter IV

Samanta, or Sam as everyone kindly calls her, is a beautiful girl, short, thin, blue eyes and long and golden hair, many would confuse her with an angel as they see her in her typical white coat and loose hair. She likes to make friends and talk about everything. she gets along well with all the workers in Saint Isabel, she is very dear to most of the tenants.

Although she likes to talk about everything that comes to her mind, she prefers to know about the outside world, she spends hours in front of the TV in the central room watching movies, since there is no access to the internet or cable. She likes to walk thru the aisles barefoot, she rarely goes out to the patio and when she does she plays with every animal she finds, she talks to the plants, you could say that she is a normal 19 year old girl.

Dr. Carles found her wandering through a dark alley at 2 AM, alone and cold, a girl of only four years old who was abandoned by her family, the doctor knew from the beginning that she was special, took her to Saint Isabel, he ordered for her to be cleaned, fed and taken photos of her to take to the local channels, her photos were taken around the world, there was no response, no one knew the girl, no trace of relatives, the girl became famous, everywhere they knew the sad story of an abandoned girl. The days, weeks, months, and years passed, but no one went to Saint Isabel for her.

In some strange way the doctor had told the nurses that he knew no one would come for her, because she was special. Although at that moment nobody understood what the doctor meant, little by little they realized how special that little angel was.

Dr. Carles became an adoptive dad at the age of 17. He enjoyed watching her run down the aisles, Sam found warmth and love on the part of her protector who not only provided home, food and love, but gave her a name and surname, and even better, a place to call home .

Many said that Saint Isabel was not the same place since Sam arrived, strange things began to happen, the few tenants they had at that time changed their ways, no matter how small the change was, it was still noticed.

It is said that even plants and flowers grew larger than before, brighter colors, animals came more often, and patients improved their people skills in her presence. Only the Doctor was not surprised, he simply smiled and repeated the same thing every time "Sam is special, someday you will see it".

Chapter V

It was going to be 2pm and it was time for Sam to go out to the patio. She did not want to stop watching TV in the central room, but she was forced to sunbathe at least once a week. Everyone was aware of the event, hoping to see what it could happen this time with her, in addition to the scandal that Alexandra had previously caused.

Although Sam usually appears to be an ordinary young woman, her outings to the yard cause her some problems or crisis, the previous week she had gone out walking on the grass, barefoot, no one would have imagined what would happen.

This time the sun was shining brightly and the wind was passing by. Sam went out into the yard, walked around the white wall wondering what might be on the other side, with her hand running through the bricks of the wall and sometimes sticking her left ear as if she was wanting to hear something from the outside world.

She was so serious and so thoughtful that she paid no attention to what was going on around her. But suddenly a butterfly caught her attention, she began to follow it through the yard, until it settled on a yellow flower.

Hello beautiful, you finally stopped to rest- she said as she stared at it, sat on the ground near the flower and continued with her talk with the butterfly - where do you come from butterfly? Tell me everything you know of the world - a pause, a short silence and she continued as if she was listening to things no one else could hear. - Wow! I did not know about that! It must be beautiful to be able to walk or fly around the city watching and hearing everything.

So the conversation continued between Sam and the butterfly perched on the flower. Little by little, Sam's gaze was clouded, her eyes turned glassy, ​​as if the butterfly had told her some bad experience or story about what she saw outside the walls.

Sam started to cry and the butterfly left - no! come back! Tell me more! beautiful butterfly! - The butterfly had to leave for some reason. But it left Sam very trise, the tears coming out of her eyes were like a fountain of sorrows and dispair.

She knelt on the floor and cried while her hands were on her head, pulling her golden hair, which somehow seemed to change color from gold to amber, then dark brown, then gold again. One of the nurses came to her to see what had happened to her, but she did not answer. She only cried in dismay, gazing lost at the floor, and little by little the nurse started hearing incoherences coming from Sam's lips.

-How could that be? ..why? ... die, die and they don't stop dying, why? I feel their pain ... the illusions end, poor butterfly ... don't fly anymore ... see them die ... and cry ... mother and father, brother and sister ... they die ... no more, no more, no more, please, no more, no

Sam, what's the matter, my girl? - nurse Lucy didn't know what was wrong with her - my girl, you are having a hallucination, my love - she starts to hug her tight - it's not real, Sam, this is not real, my child

No! Lucy..no! ... it's real ... it hurts, how much blood, how much pain ... and tears ... why? - Sam separates herself from Lucy and begins to run towards the wall and tries to climb it, but failed. The nurse could only call the guards.

squirt

Administrator
✯.ĶɩɭɭյoŶ.✯;5099042 said:
im sorry! i have had horrible days...depression has kicked me hard.. but i'm back,. im finishing translating
well worth waiting for ... the next 2 chapters! lol :eek:hboy:
it's good to see you! :kiss: