Stand up to Cancer (add if you wish)

squirt

Administrator
every day is a precious gift, and I'm so blessed in that you chose to spend many of them here with us
none of us are promised a tomorrow, and none of us can live forever, the best we can do is to leave behind something that does
you'll leave behind a legacy of open arms, of a heart that is completely accepting of others, free of judgements, full of love
in this life, I know I am loved by you, Babe
1kissheart.gif

kipper

Super Moderator
Hello to all my friends on the Roo. Unfortunately in October 2017 I was diagnosed with Bowel cancer. I had a large tumour in my bowel, but the oncologist said they could remove it no problem. But I was also sent for a scan. This revealed that the cancer had spread to my liver and peritonea (the skin in my stomach).It turned out that it was too far advanced and so was terminal and the tumour operation was a no go. I was told I could get 3 years if the treatment worked.I had four months of Chemo and it was successful in not only shrinking it but it actually cleared it away. This meant i had no treatment but a scan every 8 weeks. This lasted for 9 months when the Peritonea cancer, but not the tumour or the liver cancer came back. had 3 months treatment with the same 2 Chemo’s and got the result last week. Again I have been given 3 months no treatment, when I have a scan at the end of end of June and depending on the result we go on from there. There are only 3 Chemo’s I can have so when the ones I am on now do not work, I go on the final one. I was 70 years old a week ago so I have had a good innings, though it is hard on my wife of 50 years Maureen.

I know you will all wish me the best and I will continue to fight it to the end.

My best regards to all on the Roo.

Kryten (John)

Sorry to hear that John, but for the grace of God go I and all that.

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I've been on vacation but saw this in new posts
I am so very sorry to hear :(
My Kryten doll know that your such an important part of the Roo you've made me laugh
so many times and you've always been one of my favorite posters and the holiday threads
are some of my most treasured times here mostly because of YOU! I am sending good vibes,
thoughts and lots and lots of LOVE to you and your family.. All my Love forever and always Manzy ♥

Kryten

Jokeroo VIP Status
I've been on vacation but saw this in new posts
I am so very sorry to hear :(
My Kryten doll know that your such an important part of the Roo you've made me laugh
so many times and you've always been one of my favorite posters and the holiday threads
are some of my most treasured times here mostly because of YOU! I am sending good vibes,
thoughts and lots and lots of LOVE to you and your family.. All my Love forever and always Manzy ♥
Why thank you maam...I have good support from my family and of course all the good people of the Roo.Thanks a bunch Manzy love you too, aniheartarrow.gif

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
my dear friend Kryten Stuff like this is so hard for me to really express my self so for that I apologize When I lost my brother to cancer for two weeks I sat by his bedside and just couldn't find the words to let him really know everything I wanted him to know so I sat there in silence and held his hand. with tears in my eyes all I can say to you is you are in the hands of God and you and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.
this truly sad news .
Much Love to you my friend and big hugs.

52.gif

Kryten

Jokeroo VIP Status
I join with what the others above me already said, I am saddened to hear your diagnosis.
you and your wife are in my thoughts.
my dear friend Kryten Stuff like this is so hard for me to really express my self so for that I apologize When I lost my brother to cancer for two weeks I sat by his bedside and just couldn't find the words to let him really know everything I wanted him to know so I sat there in silence and held his hand. with tears in my eyes all I can say to you is you are in the hands of God and you and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.
this truly sad news .
Much Love to you my friend and big hugs.

View attachment 56226
Thank you both for the kind words,it all helps. ThankYou[2].gif

AuroraAngel

Dearest Kryten, I am saddened to hear of your diagnosis and wish you all the best on your journey. You have made such an amazing impact on the lives of many here on the Roo, you are indeed a legend in our hearts forever. Legends never die. I will be praying for your recovery and my heart goes out to you and your family during this time. God speed, my friend. ♥

Kryten

Jokeroo VIP Status
Dearest Kryten, I am saddened to hear of your diagnosis and wish you all the best on your journey. You have made such an amazing impact on the lives of many here on the Roo, you are indeed a legend in our hearts forever. Legends never die. I will be praying for your recovery and my heart goes out to you and your family during this time. God speed, my friend. ♥
Thanks for the kind words and thoughts...I am lucky to have lots of support from the Roo...

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend

I have lost too many people to cancer, but I know there are many success stories out there. My niece has been an oncology nurse for many years and she has told me she is still amazed at who survives and who doesn't. Some of her worst cases have gone on to a recovery, and some that "should" have survived, don't. Whatever your case turns out to be, stay with us and we will walk every step with you. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Kryten

Jokeroo VIP Status

I have lost too many people to cancer, but I know there are many success stories out there. My niece has been an oncology nurse for many years and she has told me she is still amazed at who survives and who doesn't. Some of her worst cases have gone on to a recovery, and some that "should" have survived, don't. Whatever your case turns out to be, stay with us and we will walk every step with you. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Thank you for that MT,I have great support from my family and of course from all my friends on the Roo. ThankYou[2].gif Wonderful4444.GIF