Stand up to Cancer (add if you wish)

Kryten

Jokeroo VIP Status
You are very welcome. I am here if you need me. You are loved and definitely not alone in your recovery. I am still praying for you and you are in my thoughts daily. Be well, Hun.
Why thank you maam.....I am very well at the moment hearts2W2.gif

PENNMTNS

Hello to all my friends on the Roo. Unfortunately in October 2017 I was diagnosed with Bowel cancer. I had a large tumour in my bowel, but the oncologist said they could remove it no problem. But I was also sent for a scan. This revealed that the cancer had spread to my liver and peritonea (the skin in my stomach).It turned out that it was too far advanced and so was terminal and the tumour operation was a no go. I was told I could get 3 years if the treatment worked.I had four months of Chemo and it was successful in not only shrinking it but it actually cleared it away. This meant i had no treatment but a scan every 8 weeks. This lasted for 9 months when the Peritonea cancer, but not the tumour or the liver cancer came back. had 3 months treatment with the same 2 Chemo’s and got the result last week. Again I have been given 3 months no treatment, when I have a scan at the end of end of June and depending on the result we go on from there. There are only 3 Chemo’s I can have so when the ones I am on now do not work, I go on the final one. I was 70 years old a week ago so I have had a good innings, though it is hard on my wife of 50 years Maureen.
I know you will all wish me the best and I will continue to fight it to the end.

My best regards to all on the Roo.

Kryten (John)

Last edited:

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
Kryten...we don't really know one another but you seem to be a very strong and caring person. You'll get through this, I know you will, you have some really good friends praying for you, including me...love you, I'll be sending good vibes your way my friend...take care of you for me...:):emoji_pray::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_heart: you got this!

The Big Red One

Thanks guys I will keep takin the tablets.....lol View attachment 55990
Bro you got the cancer? Man, no good! I hope you get to feeling better, and healing up good. I have someone who has cancer now, but they caught it in time. I have an idea where you are coming from. I have a little lump on my throat that might have been from smoking, been there for years, could be thyroid, but it makes me cranky, my doc seems to dismiss it, so I have to be a tough Texan like im supposed to be. I wish Y'all the best of luck bubba! B.R.O...

Just a quick note to tell you I'm thinking of you and your family. Your posts always bring a lot of smiles and we appreciate the time you take to make that happen. Please continue to update us when you can. Prayers being sent. Take care, dear Kryten.

The Big Red One

Thanks folks, life is testing me, I had another family member have a quad bypass, I have never seen lips so purple, now cancer strikes a family member, I try not to bog folks down with my troubles, but I figured id say something here, man the stuff I have been through in the past 35 yrs, has put me through the wringer. The good news the cancer ain't as bad as it seems. And the bypass was a-1 ok. Modern science I reckon, got to be a tough cowboy.....