stay humble, it will come in handy!

squirt

Administrator
this is so profound, I had to share it! ♥

[video=youtube;uUeCO8tfv0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUeCO8tfv0I[/video]

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 5092940]this is so profound, I had to share it! ♥

[video=youtube;uUeCO8tfv0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUeCO8tfv0I[/video][/QUOTE]
great advice...my grand-dad always told me..."no matter how great you think you are..there is always someone greater always":kissinheart:

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
Really is a Profound statement
as for me being as Great as I am
it's really hard to be humble.​

Bamber

Super Moderator
Trouble is, the people who NEED to take notice are the ones who won't.

Vinnie

What a load of self serving , self-aggrandising horse poop.
He says, nothing but dresses it up in folksy wisdom to make it more palatable.
"stay humble" what does that mean? he certainly doesn't feel the need to explain it.
Maybe a better line would be " accept that you are nbot the master of all that you survey, be willing to bedn with ther chasnges" but "stay humble"?a sound bite that means nothing.

squirt

Administrator
wow ... did we watch the same video? I thought he portrayed his meaning quite well!
he said that nothing in this world lasts forever, and we're fools if we think it will
and gave many examples of how being so sure of oneself is a recipe for disaster, as time and again, those who were certain of their futures found themselves replaced
if you understand that you're replaceable, you won't be surprised when you are *replaced*

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 5093156]too bizzy bein' in the moment lol :blissful:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 5093151]Trouble is, the people who NEED to take notice are the ones who won't.[/QUOTE]
their egos refuse them see the reality that they are not :"All That And A Bag Of Chips" and the universe does not revolve around "THEM"

likeaneagle

I hear you R.K. it seems foolish for those that think that when I know it Revolves around,
ME.
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [/center]
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
When you're perfect in every way
I can't wait to look in the mirror
Cause I get better looking each day
To know me is to love me

squirt

Administrator
I must be a helluva woman! lol :high5:
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can[/COLOR]

I used to have a boyfriend
but he just couldn't compete
with all the handsome fellas
who keep throwing themselves at my feet ... lol :musicn:

Vinnie

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 5093388]wow ... did we watch the same video? I thought he portrayed his meaning quite well!
he said that nothing in this world lasts forever, and we're fools if we think it will
and gave many examples of how being so sure of oneself is a recipe for disaster, as time and again, those who were certain of their futures found themselves replaced
if you understand that you're replaceable, you won't be surprised when you are *replaced*
[/QUOTE]

Yes, we watched the same one. Inane simplistic method dressed up in folksy "wisdom". Yes, the world will change and you must adapt to survive but the message should be adapt not stay humble

Humility is a passive trait which will inevitably lead to others overtaking you. Adaption require action and desire on the part of the actor.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Personally I couldn't care less about "others overtaking me". Life ain't a race: "The Jones's" can race off into the distance as far as I'm concerned, I just hope when I die I won't have had a negative impact, either on the planet or on others.
:grin:

squirt

Administrator
[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 5093853]Personally I couldn't care less about "others overtaking me". Life ain't a race: "The Jones's" can race off into the distance as far as I'm concerned, I just hope when I die I won't have had a negative impact, either on the planet or on others.
:grin:[/QUOTE]

:loveit:

First define ¨Humble"
And the difference between humble and modest.
And can a company on itself really afford to be humble with a constant need and demand for progress, innovation and new technology?