stay humble, it will come in handy!

squirt

Administrator
to me, humble means I put you before me, modest means simple needs and self respect

many companies came from humble beginnings, and endure to this day, McDonald's is one

[QUOTE="squirt, post: 5094504]to me, humble means I put you before me, modest means simple needs and self respect

many companies came from humble beginnings, and endure to this day, McDonald's is one
[/QUOTE]

Nowadays McDonald´s is for more than 85% franchise all over the world. They are pretty much more a real estate business.
They buy hot properties and lease most of them out and on top of that they collect a percentage of each shop´s gross sale and increasing that percentage constantly. And the properties, they don´t lease out to franchises, they rent them out to others or they sell them with profit.
Actually all they have to do nowadays, is pretty much, sit back and collect money.
I find it an extremely smart business plan, don get me wrong, but I would not call it humble as they are definitely not putting others first.
Like I said, can a company really be humble?. Maybe they can have a humble atmosphere within the company itself but on the market I doubt it can be possible.
You have to make sure you are always the first and the best because the competitors and rivals are always breathing heavily at the back of your neck.
And the majority of the consumers is not loyal.

squirt

Administrator
I said they came from humble beginnings

and they do give others an opportunity through franchise
I don't eat there, it was just one example, maybe not the best

I think that was kind of his point, customers are not loyal, so you can't be arrogant in dealing with them, they'll go somewhere else
and I see it 5 days a week, there's hardly a day at work that goes by that I'm not reminded that we have competition!