Sticky situation.

Goodgrief

What to do?
A friend of mine had a mini stroke. Then, a few months later, she slipped, hit her head and had a severe concussion.

She hasn't been the same fun girl since those incidents. If it wasn't bad enough, she also suffers from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Fibro-myalgia. She saw her doctor, begged for some pain relief. The trouble is, she now sounds as if she's drunk all the time (no, she doesn't drink).

Here's the clincher. She and I have the same doctor. Would it be appropriate to talk to him about what I have noticed in my friend's behaviour?

squirt

Administrator
I'd let the doctor make that decision, you care and there's certainly nothing wrong with that! :inlove:

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
The doctor can't tell YOU anything about your friend...but he can listen. I did that once...I was concerned about a person and knew he had a doctor's appointment, so I called the doctor and said I wasn't looking for information but wanted to share some, and it turned out to be very helpful.

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4232605]The doctor can't tell YOU anything about your friend...but he can listen. I did that once...I was concerned about a person and knew he had a doctor's appointment, so I called the doctor and said I wasn't looking for information but wanted to share some, and it turned out to be very helpful.[/QUOTE

Thanks MT! I don't want to ask, I just want to state the changes in her behaviour. I really like her, she's a good friend. Our doctor should have a "head's up!" on her changes. Worried about her. She used to be a steel-headed woman. Now, she's a wet dish towel. It breaks my heart to see a very strong person turning into mush.

Since she is a very good friend......why not mention it to herself?

Not by telling her that she sounds drunk the whole time......but you can ask her if she is alright and tell her that you are worried because you noticed a change.

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="LilMissPurrfect, post: 4232885]Since she is a very good friend......why not mention it to herself?

Not by telling her that she sounds drunk the whole time......but you can ask her if she is alright and tell her that you are worried because you noticed a change.
[/QUOTE]
I've tried... She clams up and changes the subject quickly and gets over emotional about things that will eventually happen, like the inevitable loss of her dog, who is getting very old. A minute later, she will be babbling about how smart her 11 month old grand-daughter is; yeah, the kid has already read "War and Peace".
It's complicated.

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
I know its tuff. Later on in life when I baby sat my Grandpa watching him turn was no fun at all. Although I did cause I always sat and we watched t.v. or played cards all the while I was remembering the good times we had together just years before. Didn't know anything about Alzheimer's just knew that grandpa was getting old and he needed us.