THE COLORS IN MY WORLD (each day i will add a new one)

tasman

Scary thing to go through, my friend. Glad to hear no one was injured and no damage was done.

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
thanks...i havent heard of any injuries or damage yet
we had another warning at noon today and are on watch trough the over night until this band of severe thunderstorms moves through
this is a pik of last nights storm taken by a friend in the dark with a 5 second exposure time 1085.jpg

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
thanks...i havent heard of any injuries or damage yet
we had another warning at noon today and are on watch trough the over night until this band of severe thunderstorms moves through
this is a pik of last nights storm taken by a friend in the dark with a 5 second exposure time View attachment 21901
That's Crazy!! Glad you had a place to go... and friends to turn to and I love how you let others know
Your so sweet ♥

squirt

Administrator
it is way too hot to sleep
as i slow my mind down and the frames flash by...i am going to describe the storm that passed through here at 10 PM
i was watching TV as i usually do before bed...then all of a sudden the TV screen went red and a tornado warning alert came on the screen
it was not a watch for the area like we get a lot of...but a warning for my town specifically...as i looked out my window i could see a large funnel cloud
forming with the light from each flash of lightening...the lightening was constant with nano seconds it seemed between each flash..i have only ever seen lightening like that once before..and that was during a tornado while i was visiting family down south...that touched down just a couple of football fields from where i was staying...the place i was staying was not it its path...but i will never forget the sound of the wind as it roared past

tonight brought back that memory of fear...i prepared for the power going out as i normally do during a storm
then i called my friends to see if they had seen the warning and to my relief they had...then i recalled not everyone in this building
has a TV..so i went and knocked on everyone's door to warn them...now i can hear the hail hitting the building with the force of baseballs
as i got to the basement apartment to warn them of the danger..they invited me in and told me they had seen the warning and to stay with them
until it passes..which i did as the basement is the safest place to be during a tornado...i could hear the wind blowing the branches in the trees..within a minute it had passed..still raining and lightening the hail had stopped and when i looked outside...there was no damage i could see...it must have not touched down...i only hope and pray that if and when it did touch down it was in an unpopulated area

the rain has since stopped as well and the temperature is less humid...but there is a heat warning in effect all weekend and into next week
Sunday is going to be 42 C or 107.6 F..too hot for me to enjoy Canada Day's events but will watch the fireworks from my apartment
perhaps the young couple in the basement apartment will join me up here to watch them
what a night!

we didn't want that much rain?! lol 1darkcloud.gif
at least the storm will have moved out in time for Canada Day, eh?
wow, that is hot, it will be a full time job just trying to stay cool 1cool.gif

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
That's Crazy!! Glad you had a place to go... and friends to turn to and I love how you let others know
Your so sweet ♥
i was happy they invited me in...all i was doing was warning everyone in the building..i was surprised when they told me to stay wityh them and wait it out
i didnt do anything that i wouldnt hope someone would do for me in that situation..we dont have tornado warning sirens♥

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
what a night!

we didn't want that much rain?! lol View attachment 21906
at least the storm will have moved out in time for Canada Day, eh?
wow, that is hot, it will be a full time job just trying to stay cool View attachment 21907
it sure was and its going to be stressful until these storms move through overnight tonight
lol..its like you always say...be careful what you wish for....lol
yes but it is going to be too hot..they have already issued a heat advisory for the whole week
those temps make it hard for me to breathe....i wont be leaving the apartment

I already had this picked out for today, seems fitting now lol View attachment 21908

stay safe, Love! View attachment 21909
very fitting...lol
i'll do my best to stay safe
1darkcloud.gif hiding.gif 1269598fkrqvy7liq.gif

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
just an update on the storms
there were some trees uprooted and some buildings had some siding damaged and 31,000 people were left without power across the path of these storms .....but no reported injuries...thank God
the only warning left now is the extreme heat advisory...the storms have moved out of the area
i did some research and found the last tornado to hit this area was an F3 back in 1970
thank all for your prayers:)