The Movie Review Thread

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status

A Star is born WoW Excellent movie
The chemistry between Bradley Cooper who directed, produced and wrote the screenplay
and Lady Gaga was amazing. Loved it and Andrew Dice Clay didn’t even recognize him at first
In my opinion it will win awards (several) ~ I want to go see it again

A Star is born hit all the right notes
4 strong stars
⭐️ 🌟 ⭐️🌟​

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status

We went to the movies last night and saw THE MULE with Clint Eastwood
EXCELLENT Movie! We loved it! We laughed out loud a lot and its also so suspenseful
Clint Eastwood also directed it! and what a fabulous job he did 4 Stars from me
and definetly popcorn worthy
Can't wait to own it
GO SEE IT!

also based on a true story of an 80 year old who transports drugs for the cartel
BUT.... it doesn't start off quite that way you'll see

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast

We went to the movies last night and saw THE MULE with Clint Eastwood
EXCELLENT Movie! We loved it! We laughed out loud a lot and its also so suspenseful
Clint Eastwood also directed it! and what a fabulous job he did 4 Stars from me
and definetly popcorn worthy
Can't wait to own it
GO SEE IT!

also based on a true story of an 80 year old who transports drugs for the cartel
BUT.... it doesn't start off quite that way you'll see

its on my to watch when it hits the Movie Network

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status

Bird Box on Netflix with Sandra Bollock
I really enjoyed it ~ It had me intrigued on what was going to happen next
I don't know who here has Netflix but for $10ish a month its really worth it
Enjoy and grab some popcorn for this one *** stars

squirt

Administrator
I love her, and there's a lot of talk and things going on that involve that movie
you need a smart TV to watch Netflix, right?
I still need to review Gosnell for ya'll, I'll try to remember to do that lol
1kissheart.gif

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
You can get an Amazon fire stick for $40 and plug it into the HDMI in the back of your TV and it turns it into a smart TV, my brother got us 2 for Christmas and we put it in our bedroom and computer TV’s we have access to Netflix, Amazon prime movies, PLEX and it comes with lots of channels too

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status

It’s not a movie but a mini series called Escape from Dannemora
And boy is it GOOD it’s a true story about Joyce Mitchell the prison
employee who helped 2 prisoners escape, Patricia Arquette is amazing and
so into character you wouldn’t even know it’s her, and Yes it has sex in it or the
innduendo of it with the prisoners.. WOW we are hooked and part 4 is next
There are 7 parts.. it’s on Showtime ondemand maybe it’ll come on Netflix or something
but definitely worthy of a 4 star ⭐️ review​

Dreamer

Jokeroo Enthusiast

Bird Box on Netflix with Sandra Bollock
I really enjoyed it ~ It had me intrigued on what was going to happen next
I don't know who here has Netflix but for $10ish a month its really worth it
Enjoy and grab some popcorn for this one *** stars

I watched it because I was so curious, I don't think I have ever seen Sandra Bullock play in any scary movies before lol. It was a good movie!

Dreamer

Jokeroo Enthusiast

It’s not a movie but a mini series called Escape from Dannemora
And boy is it GOOD it’s a true story about Joyce Mitchell the prison
employee who helped 2 prisoners escape, Patricia Arquette is amazing and
so into character you wouldn’t even know it’s her, and Yes it has sex in it or the
innduendo of it with the prisoners.. WOW we are hooked and part 4 is next
There are 7 parts.. it’s on Showtime ondemand maybe it’ll come on Netflix or something
but definitely worthy of a 4 star ⭐️ review​
I remember when that was on the news

squirt

Administrator

In March of 2013, Kermit Gosnell went on trial for the murder of 7 babies and 1 woman.
The movie is the telling of that trial, he was convicted, and gave up his right to appeal in order to avoid the death penalty.
The story is chilling, heart breaking, and real. But, you won't see any gore, any dead babies, it's handled very tactfully, I was pleasantly surprised. They used the actual court transcript in the making of the movie. Of particular note, to me anyway, was a baby boy who had been born alive, had his spinal cord snipped at the base of the neck, and was then sort of wrapped and put up on a shelf. One of his "nurses" decided to take a picture of this baby boy, because she felt like the world needed to know he had been here, even if just for a brief moment. Dean Cain is outstanding in his role, and Sara Jane Morris stands right there with him. I give it 5 stars. star.gif star.gif star.gif star.gif star.gif

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
WOW that's a movie I'd be interested in I don't know why but I use to be a HUGE fan of true crime lol
I read every dang book there is its no wonder I love Anne Rule
I'll def check this out. Thanks for the review :D

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast

A Star is born WoW Excellent movie
The chemistry between Bradley Cooper who directed, produced and wrote the screenplay
and Lady Gaga was amazing. Loved it and Andrew Dice Clay didn’t even recognize him at first
In my opinion it will win awards (several) ~ I want to go see it again

A Star is born hit all the right notes
4 strong stars
⭐️ 🌟 ⭐️🌟​
i watched this last night...wow..it is not hat i was expecting from a remake of a remake of a remake
i was alright until the garage scene..i knew what was going to happen when he gave the steak to the dog
having the 2 demons that he was fighting myself..i just knew what he was feeling at that moment
that is why someone decided to cut up the onions and my eyes leaked

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I think everyone’s eyes leaked One of my most favorite movies everyone should see this
especially Bradley Cooper (He can Sing) and Lady Gaga all natural not much makeup
It just all works can’t wait to own it ❤️

I just saw "Bohemian Rhapsody" and it was a great movie. I loved the music. Whether you liked Queen or not I think you would still enjoy it. The actor, Rami Malek, who plays Freddie Mercury deserves every award he receives.

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I just saw "Bohemian Rhapsody" and it was a great movie. I loved the music. Whether you liked Queen or not I think you would still enjoy it. The actor, Rami Malek, who plays Freddie Mercury deserves every award he receives.
Absolutely totally agree it’s an Excellent film and superb performance by Rami Malek he should take the Oscar
Speaking of they are on this Sunday ~ some hard competition this year especially when you
add Christian Bale to the mix from the movie Vice, that dude always makes me nervous he’ll
win when I’m rooting for someone else lol I haven’t seen Vice but I’m all for Rami ~ check him out
in the reboot of Papillon he’s fantastic in that too 🌹

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status

Last night we watched Green Book and WOW it really leaves a message
based on a true story of a bouncer turned chauffeur played by the amazing Viggo Mortensen
who drives a concert pianist Dr Shirley played by Malarshi Ali to various places in the Deep South
for his concert appearances in the 60’s and the dealings they go thru with racism along the way
It also makes you think about your own self, with plenty of humor and emotion I truly loved it
One of my top 10 favorites ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ see GREEN BOOK which btw is a book that tells them the
hotels they can stay at for colored people and even then it doesn’t all go as planned Great Movie​