The ultimate hoarder

Just Debbie

Super Moderator
Let me ask this: Is the problem the hoarding or the lack of organization or both?

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
well .. let me see here,,, I got it,,, if your not organized then it is hording,, get organized and the hording is gone,, Walla Problem solved by your Sexy King Homie and you didn't have to throw anything away [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]:heehee:

Goodgrief

Sigh... It's organized hoarding. Every magazine, every technical journal, every damn thing is categorized and stored in date/alphabetical order. I'm giving up. I hope I go before he does because I'm getting too old and weak to handle the clean-up if he goes before me.

[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4629017]Mr. G.G is the ultimate paper hoarder. Our house is a disaster. He's got tons of magazines (mostly technical) stacked in the basement. It's getting to the point where there is no space left in this house.

I've threatened to get a condo where I could have some space and keep it clean (of course, as I love him, he would be welcome to come over but not fill my space with his paper). Perhaps getting a paper-free zone would be a wake-up call.

At my wits' end. Do I do it or not?
[/QUOTE]

My mom has a friend who moved out of their house for the same reason. I drove by there with her and the stuff was coking out of the house. So bad that the fire department was called and they made him get rid the stuff in the yard. My mom's friend had horror stories about her one path leading to a stool in the kitchen where she could sit. The rest was her husband's junk. She left everything, got a condo, and started over pretty much. the thing is she is happier now. Your man's issues are stemming from something. I don't think truly happy people hord like that. It's time to have a heart to hear and an ultimatum.

It is going to be hard as hell on both of you, but you can't live like that and neither can he. Good luck and keep us posted.

Goodgrief

Happy to say that he's stopped dragging in bag-fulls of magazines. Happy to say that he is seeing it was wrong. Next step is getting someone to help us get tons of paper out of here. He's a very smart man. A genius in fact. But we all have our quirks. That's his. At least, I don't have to tell him to wear a warm coat when it's freezing outside! LOL! I know, I married him. But he's the sweetest husband one would ever think of.

[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4829069]Happy to say that he's stopped dragging in bag-fulls of magazines. Happy to say that he is seeing it was wrong. Next step is getting someone to help us get tons of paper out of here. He's a very smart man. A genius in fact. But we all have our quirks. That's his. At least, I don't have to tell him to wear a warm coat when it's freezing outside! LOL! I know, I married him. But he's the sweetest husband one would ever think of.[/QUOTE]

Oh good! I'm so happy it's moving n the right direction. Now if I could just get my boyfriend to stop leaving his socks on the floor.

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Geoff_the_Beard, post: 4705214]Several months ago I bought five sticks exactly like that pic. They claimed to have a capacity of of 256 GB each. I copied 150 GB to two of them. The copy process went through without any error message. When I looked at them, they listed all the many thousands of files, but not ONE of those files could be retrieved. I wouldn't recommend anyone to use such anonymous brands. Stick to brand names that have a good reputation. Since that bad experience, I have successfully used two others for less than 10 GB.[/QUOTE]

Duracell is the best :)

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4829069]Happy to say that he's stopped dragging in bag-fulls of magazines. Happy to say that he is seeing it was wrong. Next step is getting someone to help us get tons of paper out of here. He's a very smart man. A genius in fact. But we all have our quirks. That's his. At least, I don't have to tell him to wear a warm coat when it's freezing outside! LOL! I know, I married him. But he's the sweetest husband one would ever think of.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you're both pretty lucky GG :)

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="sexysadie, post: 4830762]Sounds like you're both pretty lucky GG :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, quirks and all, we are! I dread the day one of us will leave. We're not young anymore. If I go first, he'll be lost. If he goes first, the result will be the same. Sometimes, I wish that we will both go at the same time (cement truck from hell t-boning us).

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4831239]Yes, quirks and all, we are! I dread the day one of us will leave. We're not young anymore. If I go first, he'll be lost. If he goes first, the result will be the same. Sometimes, I wish that we will both go at the same time (cement truck from hell t-boning us).

I think quirks are what keeps it all together for so long GG, you're BOTH pretty damn lucky:)) BUT.....you're still a young chick yet, I'm sure you'll both be around for a long time to come. *smiles*

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="sexysadie, post: 4831959][QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4831239]Yes, quirks and all, we are! I dread the day one of us will leave. We're not young anymore. If I go first, he'll be lost. If he goes first, the result will be the same. Sometimes, I wish that we will both go at the same time (cement truck from hell t-boning us).

I think quirks are what keeps it all together for so long GG, you're BOTH pretty damn lucky:)) BUT.....you're still a young chick yet, I'm sure you'll both be around for a long time to come. *smiles*[/QUOTE]

Young at heart and mind. But our birth certificates say otherwise.