This morning

Bamber

Super Moderator
A light frost on the rugby pitches in Borough Park this morning. I find this tree fascinating,
some of its branches have such a tortuous shape.

Frosty Borough Park by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
there is nothing like a picture of frost forming on the landscape..it really is mother nature shining her beauty for all to see

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Phil ~ I am always impressed with the clarity of your shots ~ it's true that I've had little to no time to really explore the camera as I would have wished by now ~ but in the New Year, l'd like a chat about settings [I still have mine on the gold camera+ one, which is OK, but not right]

Bamber

Super Moderator
It was (still is) very windy. In such weather I resort to a baseball cap as other headgear is in danger of getting blown away. This helped prove a theory of mine that Grack and Grock recognise me by what I'm wearing on my head: it took them a long time to decide to cross the river for a handful of seed. Normally as soon as Grock saw me he would make straight for me.

Swan inspection
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Goodgrief

Bird brains, huh?
No magpies in sight, I go out on the deck and put some food out for them, say "Brrrrrap" and within seconds they come flying in.
Hubby takes down the window feeder, taps it on the ledge, adds nuts and seeds.
He barely has time to close the window, the nut-hatches and the chickadees swoop in.

Many people hate magpies, but in reality, they are the best protectors for small birds. When they spot a hawk, they give the alert and armies of them gang up to chase the hawk away. There was an eagle in the tree across the alley a few days ago, it attracted at least 30 magpies who were trying hard to make it move.

Some times, I wonder where our primitive instincts went.