This morning

Bamber

Super Moderator
The Harte was setting off on another journey through the day.

Sailing through the morning frost into another day
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Bamber

Super Moderator
Loved the puzzles! But one question. What would the underwater obstructions be?
Had a look this morning. The wall along there has a shelf extending out about 2 ft, 60 cm. Normally visible, with a high tide at the right phase of the moon it can be the same distance under water, making tying up there a hazard. The shelf ends on the right, just past the tree.

Goodgrief

Had a look this morning. The wall along there has a shelf extending out about 2 ft, 60 cm. Normally visible, with a high tide at the right phase of the moon it can be the same distance under water, making tying up there a hazard. The shelf ends on the right, just past the tree.
Thank you! That, indeed, is very dangerous.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Another great set of shots Phil ~ we also had a similar coating this morning ~ but had things to do ~ but did drive pass the lake this afternoon, and saw the Canada geese up on the grass [which still had a light dusting], and they were pecking around through it.

squirt

Administrator
my mom stays in an assisted living center, this living center is behind a children's home for girls, the campus is involved in 4-H and FFA programs that teach traditional rural values, pride of ownership, responsibility, and caring for others
they have not only Canadian geese, but llamas, cows, and that's just what I've seen, but it freaked me out the first time I heard geese honking there lol
LOVE the pics!!!

xsandos1.gif

Goodgrief

Canada geese: The equivalent of pigeons.... They are everywhere and they aren't all that nice. They even take over people's balconies in apartment buildings, if the residents try to use their balcony, the get attacked by the geese.
Golf courses are also a favorite place for them. If you land your ball too close to their nests, watch out!!
The good side of them is that they are delicious! No, I don't hunt but I've had the pleasure of savouring the results of hunting!