This morning

Bamber

Super Moderator
Not really a disaster, I'll be surprised if I see any reminder of the snow when I walk to work on Monday. A lot of people got a day off work, a few were stupid enough to go out in unsuitable vehicles and (hopefully) learned a lesson. The railway at Dawlish was closed again because of damage to the trackbed, but trains will soon be running again. The real danger now is flooding as the grounds was already saturated before the snow and rain is due.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
You are certainly right about some drivers Phil ~ they just think that a car with normal tyres etc. that they use all year ~ can just be taken out in the conditions that we have had. Remember back to the time when we fitted studded tyres to the car ~ and you did get better grip and control ~ but it's all about control ~ and some idiots have no idea about snow ~ black ice ~ and they have no idea about surface water either ~ especially on things like a motorway ~ these idiots still drive too fast ~ and if you hit surface water [needs only to be 3" deep] but enough of it spread ~ then you lose control as the car aquaplanes ~ just no idea at all ~ and hard working service people have to go and pick up the pieces.

Goodgrief

We ended up with 30 cm (12 inches) of snow in the last few days.
The entertainment for the 2 days the snow storm lasted was to watch the morons driving in my neighbourhood. Ooooops! The little jazzy sports car isn't fit for that much snow.
Oooops! The same car can't handle deep ruts.

Yeah, I know, winter has lasted too long around here and I get my fun wherever I can.