This morning

squirt

Administrator
are they aromatic?
they're sure lovely!

xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
Another lovely walk to work. There was a seal feeding by Snipe Island again but it disappeared before I could set my camera up to film it.

I met four other "commuters". A cyclist who, like me, was taking in what a lovely morning it was and three pedestrians plugged into their own little worlds via headphones or telephones, utterly oblivious to the sights and sounds around them.

Bosky bank
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Bamber

Super Moderator
river cruise? I bet that's a lovely journey!
View attachment 17262
It's part of the all-day "Round Robin" trip: Totnes to Dartmouth as a river cruise, Kingswear (the opposite bank of the river to Dartmouth) to Paignton, further east along the coast, by steam train and Paignton back to Totnes by double decker (often open topped) bus. There's usually enough time for a look around all the places between stages and it can be done in either direction starting from any point. Timings for the river cruise depend on the tides, and it's not compulsory to do all 3 legs.

Bamber

Super Moderator
I was awake at four o'clock Saturday morning and decided to get up, have a cup of tea and a slice of toast, then head up to Dartington Hall with my camera. It was still a few minutes before dawn was officially due when I got to the river, and quite cold (I'm glad I wore gloves).

Pre-dawn river mist
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr