This morning

Bamber

Super Moderator
There had been rain overnight which left the dog roses covered in jewel like droplets.

Damp dog rose
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Bamber

Super Moderator
There was a lot of bird activity along Riverside Walk this morning but I captured very little of it on camera, I just couldn't get the light and shutter speed right to avoid blurred pictures. At one point a pair of blackbirds on the path were very reluctant to stop their territorial dispute as I walked towards them, allowing me to get within a couple of feet before they separated and hopped off in opposite directions.

It's a dull and humid day. This is a shot of part of the canopy I walk under most of the way along Riverside Walk.

The canopy I walk beneath

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
I seem to be noticing layers of things recently. On Monday it was the vigorous plant growth near Totnes Bridge, this morning it was the horizontal lines of a tree branch, fence, pipework and the railway bridge.

Horizontal layers

Bamber

Super Moderator
At this time of year there are lots of young birds about that have not yet learned to be fearful and wary. As I looked over the river this blackbird hopped from behind me to within less than a pace in front, cocked a quizzical eye at me, then went about his business. I would not have been surprised it he'd hopped onto my boot.

Bold blackbird

squirt

Administrator
I have mine set to 3 ... I like 10 much better! lol 1sm088doubleup.gif
I can always tell the juvenile bluejays by their eagerness to get to the peanuts regardless of where I am
1high5.gif
xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
Today has started not very bright but still beautiful, a bit like our swans which have once again failed to hatch any cygnets. The nest has been deserted for a couple of days now and I don't know if they'll try again.

This plant is known as woodbine or honeysuckle, as well as a couple of other names. This particular example is next to the railway.

Wild woodbine, hedgerow honeysuckle

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
It was low tide and the banks in the centre of the river were occupied by gulls, this one has both great and lesser black-backed examples.

A grump of gulls

I don't think a "grump" is an accepted collective term, but gulls always strike me as sourpusses.