This morning

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Phil ~ I asked my nephew about the cedar [sent photo] and he suggested that by age and spread it could well be a Lebanon ~ sent me this, don't know if if helps in any way...

Bamber

Super Moderator
Thanks Peter. A couple of people on facebook are claiming it is a giant sequoia, but I'm fairly sure the cones are wrong for a sequoia. It certainly has a similar profile to the old Cedar of Lebanon.

Then again, a mature Atlas Cedar looks fairly similar too:

Bamber

Super Moderator
I forgot to post this yesterday. On Tuesday the day started bright but cloud soon came in and by lunch time we were having showers. The cloud stayed around overnight and it was a dull morning with low cloud and intermittent drizzle, but still with that lovely fresh rain smell.

Moist morning
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
The cloud cleared away yesterday afternoon and today we are back to this:

Blue skies are back

As I was selecting which of the 10 shots was the best I noticed something odd in this photo. Can you see a sort of "negative rainbow" touching down around the top of the leftmost boat mast? I know it isn't a smudge on the lens as the 10 shots are all slightly different but it stays in context. Weird.

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
Opposite The Albert is number 5 Bridgetown, built in the 16th century and probably the oldest building on Bridgetown.

On Bridgetown

The entrance between number 5 and Bridgetown Butchers is Luscombe Mews, named for the original owners of the butcher shop. Luscombes still have a butchers shop, but it is now on Fore Street.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Certainly looks as though you may have a sequoia there Phil ~ probably it will be the fruit that gives it away ~ as understand it, a cone sitting up in the branches is a cedar ~ whilst the sequoia has berry like fruit with seeds inside it [I think...LOL]

Bamber

Super Moderator
Tracks going away from London are referred to as the "down" line, towards London is the "up" line. This can result in all sorts of confusion at certain places like Exeter St Davids station, where two lines from London converge from opposite directions and trains coming in from the north are "down" but coming in from the east via Exeter Central then going north are "down".

Down stairs

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
I noticed there was activity in the water at the opposite end of the boat to the cormorant and a little further along managed to get this shot.