This morning

squirt

Administrator
1clap2.gif

what do they show at the Totnes Show?

xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
It's an agricultural show. Basically farm animals and equipment. There's always some sort of entertainment too.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Certainly looks as though you may have a sequoia there Phil ~ probably it will be the fruit that gives it away ~ as understand it, a cone sitting up in the branches is a cedar ~ whilst the sequoia has berry like fruit with seeds inside it [I think...LOL]
Sequoia has a cone too, but small for the size of the tree.

Bamber

Super Moderator
There's some cloud about today and more of a breeze, making it a little cooler than recently. I much prefer this weather over wall to wall sunshine in stifling air.

For frolics, food and far faring
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Playship for the kids, cafe for food and drink and the river cruise booking office: Totnes catering for the holiday trade.

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
I have mentioned Fishchowters Lane before and have recently been prompted to walk it by worries that it may be destroyed, as a developer wishes to open it to vehicle access to allow him to build houses. I woke up early this morning and decided now was the time. I was out for an hour and 40 minutes. I intended to be out longer but it's a stiff climb and it was a very warm morning. By the time I reached the highest point I was drenched in sweat and just wanted to get home to shower, but it was well worth the trouble for the beautiful lanes and great views.

Fishchowters Lane starts as a gentle climb out of Totnes...

Fishchowters Lane
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Last edited: