This morning

Bamber

Super Moderator
A little playing about with the shutter speed got the shot I was looking for into the sun, showing it burning through the morning mist.

Burning off the mist
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Although most trees retain the majority of their leaves, the first layer has been deposited on Riverside Walk.

First leaf layer
Yep ~ and the rest of them, are left in my back garden ~ I have over ten trees up one side and across the rear, some over 60ft ~ so you can imagine what it's like when they all decide to get rid of their leaves for winter ~ still
there's something about it that quite lovely.

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Another automatically framed picture. I haven't noticed this before as I normally walk closer to the river, so there is a large gap between the building overhang and the flag pole.

Framed view

All in all a grand walk to work in my favourite season.
Makes you want to cast a fishing line and kick back and wait for a hit.. GORGEOUS Bamber ♥

squirt

Administrator
I've taken lots of shots down river from beside Brutus Bridge, but it has so many different moods I couldn't resist doing so again. An hour earlier Bridgetown and St Johns probably would not have been visible.

So seasonal
it's an outstanding shot star.gif
I just keep going back to that bridge of spiders, wondering how many of those I've walked by without seeing lol
and how many people crossed that bridge in blissful ignorance lol
xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
No riverside walk this morning: I had to go and collect my prescription, which meant leaving home later and taking a different route. It is a beautiful morning again, warmer than yesterday and less mist, but enough to produce some good sunbeams as the light streams through the trees on the far bank of the Dart Valley.

Sliced sunlight

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
A closer look at the Pavilion Leisure Centre shows the north side of the roof packed with pigeons.

Packed pavilion

That is a wonderful shot Phil ~ I was just thinking about how many people walked by and saw that ~ 'but' didn't notice that one side
only was packed with pigeons ~ just goes to show what am 'eye' for a photograph you really do have my friend.

Bamber

Super Moderator
As I passed Totnes station this train to London was pulling in. It is named for Harry Patch who died in 2009 at the age of 111. He was until then the final survivor in the world of the WWI trenches. This locomotive was painted in these remembrance colours and named for him in 2015.

Remembrance

As each year passes I become more grateful for the sacrifice of Harry and his comrades who didn't reach my age so that I could.

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
Not quite so flooded when I made my way to work, as high tide today was 35 minutes later than yesterday and I was 30 minutes earlier too.

When I looked out of the kitchen window at work later the water was as high as yesterday, with 20 minutes to go to high tide.

Last edited: