This morning

Bamber

Super Moderator
It was a water bird morning; as I was lining up the angle for this shot a kingfisher flashed past on its way upstream...

Weeds, reeds and willows
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Bamber

Super Moderator
At the 90 degree kink in Riverside Walk, the narrowest part of the path, Grack and Grock appeared to be waiting for me to pass.

I was ambushed

It's the most dangerous part of the path, a vertical bank with crumbling edges a good 3 metres above the muddy bank below. It's not a good idea to stand too close to the edge, especially when there are people who cycle along there and it's a blind bend.

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
Another morning with plenty of water bird activity. Grack and Grock were by the railway bridge when I got to the river, but out of reach due to the low tide; they followed be anxiously down stream for 100 metres to where I could throw out a few handfuls of seed to them. I also saw three cormorant, moorhen, the ubiquitous mallards, herring gulls and black headed gulls, along with...

Bamber

Super Moderator
Had my diabetes annual eye screening this morning, so was later getting to work. A beautiful clear day with a light but cold wind from the north east.

These trains were introduced in 1975 and are now being phased out. This was the first production power car made (after the prototypes), and has in recent years been painted in the original livery it wore.

A touch of the 20th century