This morning

Bamber

Super Moderator
The single leaf on the left of that picture was begging to be the centrepiece of a silhouette shot.

Last lingering leaf
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
As normal when it gets a bit chilly, stopping to take pictures brought on a runny nose, which is when I realised I'd forgotten to pick up my wallet and cash before leaving home. I decided to go back at lunch time to get them, so chance being what it is I of course got rained on by the only heavy shower of the day. I did, however, have the pleasure of passing the Rare Breeds Farm bird handler, who was walking to town with an owl on his arm.

Bamber

Super Moderator

The thunder was about 6 miles to the west when I took these at 8:20am. It's now 4:30pm and I've just seen another flash and heard a rumble following an extremely heavy shower that made a hell of a racket on the metal roof of this building.

Bamber

Super Moderator
A cold and frosty morning today, but due to be the finest of the week. We are forecast wet, windy and warmer weather for the rest of the week. As the tides this week are high at the time of my walk to work Riverside Walk will be flooded in places, so I'll be taking other routes to work.

As I step out of the house and look to the left this is what I see.

Frosted roofs

Bamber

Super Moderator
Messrs Sod & Murphy were in action this morning. It was raining quite heavily this morning before I left home, so I put on all my wet weather gear. Once I left home the rain immediately stopped.

The days start is dull on The Dart

It has once again got warm for the time of year. First thing today they were predicting clearer skies by early afternoon. As the day has progressed that brightness has been put further and further back. It's now less than an hour before sunset and there is the occasional bit of blue showing through the clouds. I'm not sure there'll be any chance of any good photos now, but if it clears a little more sunset shots could be possible.