squirt

Administrator
more to see than could ever be seen! 1sm088doubleup.gif

xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator

Tippler's bane
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Coprinopsis atramentaria, more often known as the common inkcap, was once used to make ink (hence the name). It is edible, but reacts badly with alcohol up to 3 days after consumption, hence the name Tippler's Bane: in severe cases it can cause a heart attack.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Not long after I reached the river yesterday I could see that Grack and Grock were on The Hems on the far side of Snipe Island. They spotted me quite early on and we met near the confluence of the two rivers. I didn't take a photo of them but gave them some seed and had a brief chat with a young fellow who stopped on his way to work.

It was a brighter morning with a good deal less cloud but the sunrise didn't produce anything striking. I did take this looking back towards Totnes Bridge.

Bright high tide by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
We were forecast a mostly clear night, clouding over a couple of hours before dawn. When I left for work around 8 am there was still a lot of clear sky and the temperature was still below freezing. I took this photo a few minutes before the sun first cleared the horizon.

Pre-sunrise silhouettes
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Last edited: