This morning

squirt

Administrator
that's what the other side of the lake looked like, the road on the other side of the bridge is a steep incline, that disappeared into the mist
'tis why I thought of you lol xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
We are currently having quite an amazing diurnal temperature range in the UK; yesterday the coldest temperature was -3C and the warmest 20C (27-68F). It's possible it will be even wider today.

Bamber

Super Moderator
As I walked further along Riverside Walk the fog got thicker again. By the time I reached Brutus Bridge, across the river to the east it was thick enough to allow looking directly at the sun.

Burning through
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

On the other side of the bridge the patchiness was most noticeable: like the above photo to the east, practically clear to the west.

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
I forgot to say: Tuesday evening I walked home by the river for the first time this year as it was light enough and I had no reason to go via the town. On the way I saw two pairs of merganser in the river, but the light was too poor to take a photo. This morning one of the pairs was in roughly the same spot. They were difficult to photograph because of the riverside branches, but I did manage to get this shot of the male.

Mr Goosander
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr