This morning

squirt

Administrator
it's such a bright and crisp picture though, it belies the following rain! lol I would have said it was a beautiful morning lol

1sm088doubleup.gif xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
I woke up an hour later than normal this morning. When I looked out of the window it was a wet morning. By the time I left home for work it had turned into a beautifully bright day.

The recent rains have really benefited the grass and the low angled morning light really highlighted it.

Verdant Vire Island
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

squirt

Administrator
are those apartments? it would be cool to sit and sip some coffee on one of those balconys lol svxlcms1l170a3809trz.gif

xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
are those apartments? it would be cool to sit and sip some coffee on one of those balconys lol View attachment 53468

View attachment 53469
Yes, converted warehouses. I've mentioned Jeff before, an artist from the Midlands who regularly visits Totnes and produces pictures of his own "take" on Totnes; he and his wife are looking at renting one for their summer visit.

Jeff is currently producing a series of pictures on the colour of the river based on some of my photos...

A bridge too far ?
by Jeff Hill, on Flickr

...based on...

Through the bridge's eye

Bamber

Super Moderator
I started my walk to work this morning half an hour after high tide. The current high tides are not the most extreme, so I wasn't sure how bad the flooding would be. I managed the first part of Riverside Walk, as far as the end of Snipe Island, with a little scrambling through the undergrowth beside the path. The river was practically static and with it being a bright morning there were some great reflections.

More water than meadow