This morning

squirt

Administrator
when was the last time you saw Grack or Grock?

some days are just like that, that's all ... it's amazing how the same place can look so different, depending on the day
xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
Almost static River Dart in Totnes this morning and I noticed some sudden ripples and wondered if it was a seal.

I stood for a while, uncertain which direction it was travelling or indeed if it was even a seal. A sudden exhale on the far side was a little way upstream, then there was a large splash: it had caught a fish. When it partially surfaced I managed one quick shot before it dived again. It surfaced again, fish in mouth, and as I watched I noticed the back of another seal right at the edge of Snipe Island. I couldn't get a clear shot again, but was happy to have seen a pair of seals together in the river for the first time.

One of a pair
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

When I noticed a symmetrical shadow of a fence and flag pole I couldn't resist standing in front of them for a shadow selfie (shadie? shelfie?).

Shadow symmetry
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

"When I noticed a symmetrical shadow of a fence and flag pole I couldn't resist standing in front of them for a shadow selfie (shadie? shelfie?)."

I think any of them would be appropriate! :emoji_ok_hand:

Last edited: