This morning

Bamber

Super Moderator
Lovely start to summer.

First summer sky
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Bamber

Super Moderator
Lovely morning, not a cloud in the sky. This gravel bank is just below the pool in the river below the weir, the final saltwater stretch of The Dart. It was a few minutes before low water.

Weir pool gravel bank by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

A lovely morning until...

...by Waterside Cafe I met a man with a lovely friendly young hound...

...TOO friendly. He jumped around in front of me and as I sidestepped I somehow got my feet in a tangle and started falling forward. I ended up running a few paces but was going faster than I could keep up with and put out my left hand to break my fall. It didn't feel too bad at the time and after profuse apologies from the owner I carried on to work. The more I tried to use my left hand the more difficult it became, especially trying to grip things, so I headed off to the local Minor Injuries Unit. An x-ray proved negative: nothing broken, so I'm splinted and slinged with a sprained wrist (aches like hell, too). I'm having to type with my right hand (I'm left handed) and trying to use a mouse with the "wrong" hand is really weird.

I think the dog was a Vizsla, an Hungarian pointer. When I left the hospital I bumped into the dog and owner again (not literally) and he was once again full of apologies; it wasn't his fault, if I'd have stood still I'd have been fine.

Lovely morning, not a cloud in the sky. This gravel bank is just below the pool in the river below the weir, the final saltwater stretch of The Dart. It was a few minutes before low water.

Weir pool gravel bank
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

A lovely morning until...

...by Waterside Cafe I met a man with a lovely friendly young hound...

...TOO friendly. He jumped around in front of me and as I sidestepped I somehow got my feet in a tangle and started falling forward. I ended up running a few paces but was going faster than I could keep up with and put out my left hand to break my fall. It didn't feel too bad at the time and after profuse apologies from the owner I carried on to work. The more I tried to use my left hand the more difficult it became, especially trying to grip things, so I headed off to the local Minor Injuries Unit. An x-ray proved negative: nothing broken, so I'm splinted and slinged with a sprained wrist (aches like hell, too). I'm having to type with my right hand (I'm left handed) and trying to use a mouse with the "wrong" hand is really weird.

I think the dog was a Vizsla, an Hungarian pointer. When I left the hospital I bumped into the dog and owner again (not literally) and he was once again full of apologies; it wasn't his fault, if I'd have stood still I'd have been fine.
Glad there is nothing broken. Can you take an ibupofen or Tylenol to help the pain? I hope you feel better soon!