This morning

Bamber

Super Moderator

Bamber

Super Moderator
Quite a cloudy morning, with the sun occasionally breaking through. The quality of the light seemed to me more like late afternoon than morning when I took this, especially that reflected from the river.

Dark clouds were building behind me to the west, and we are forecast rain around midday.

Silver ripples
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Bamber

Super Moderator
House martins nesting in the lower trunk of this populus nigra on Vire Island prompted investigation which proved the extent of the rot, so it had to come down for safety reasons. With the unseasonable winds arriving today and tomorrow it may well have been felled just in time, too.

Black day for a black poplar

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
Went to the hospital to have the plaster cast removed from my arm this morning; another six to eight weeks until my left wrist is fully functional again (and a few hours later it is really aching). At least I have more freedom of movement.

These trains are having a second life: they were once the mainstay of inter-city traffic all over the country, but our local stock have recently been reduced to four carriages, refurbished, and allocated to local services which will keep them operational for a few years more: not bad for a class introduced over 37 years ago.

Repurposed for regional routes

Went to the hospital to have the plaster cast removed from my arm this morning; another six to eight weeks until my left wrist is fully functional again (and a few hours later it is really aching). At least I have more freedom of movement.

Hope you're feeling better soon. Did they give you exercises to strengthen the wrist again?

Bamber

Super Moderator

Hope you're feeling better soon. Did they give you exercises to strengthen the wrist again?
Yes, regular exercises for the wrist.

Bamber

Super Moderator
The forecast was 90% chance of heavy rain during my walk to work. I checked outside before I left home and there was a light rain, so I put on my waterproofs: it stopped as I walked out the door and didn't really start again until I got to work. Still, better to be prepared than caught out, eh?

Peaceful path to a place of quiet contemplation