This morning

Bamber

Super Moderator
I wasn't sure what these were so asked around on facebook. The general consensus is that they are acorns from some Asian species of oak.

Ring cup acorns
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

Bamber

Super Moderator
I went out in the rain again at 9:45 to view a studio flat for rent. It was a nice enough place, but tiny: smaller footprint than the 2 rooms I have at the moment, unfurnished (my current place is furnished) and it would cost me 30% more than I currently pay. I need somewhere a little larger. Oh well, I have until February to find somewhere, so will keep looking.

squirt

Administrator
rainy day here too, woke up to it POURING ... it was music to the ears! lol

*crossing me fingers! ♥

xsandos1.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
Amazingly, this afternoon a cheaper flat came available for which I have asked for a viewing appointment and I was told of the possibility of another place owned by the friend of a friend.

Bamber

Super Moderator
It's strange at this time of year; with children off school and it being holiday season there are frequent short spells with no traffic during what is usually rush hour.

Pleasant on The Plains
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

I paused for a look around on Steamer Quay and was rewarded by seeing a kingfisher zip along downstream between Vire Island and Steamer Quay, always a joy.