This morning

Bamber

Super Moderator
Another morning of niggling delays caused me to leave home much later than I intended, so I didn't have any opportunity to take photos from anywhere but the usual locations.

Banana bed banana colours
by Phil Gayton, on Flickr

I assume the volunteers of Totnes Gardens, who maintain this border, named it Banana Bed from its shape as I cannot remember ever seeing a banana plant there. The two bushes certainly have the colours of ripening bananas at the moment.

Bamber

Super Moderator
I was almost ready to leave for work, checked that it was dry outside, put on my coat and picked up my bag. A final check I'd turned everything off: damn, left a camera charging. Turned it off, looked out the window: rain (quite heavy, too)! Put on my raincoat and left for work. Within 30 seconds the rain stopped. I managed to get to work before it started again, pausing just long enough to take this photo.

Between the showers

Bamber

Super Moderator
A few shots from both sides of the river this morning. My walk to work coincided with the morning high water which was a 3.9 metre tide. This evening is due to peak at a little over 4 metres, the highest of the current cycle.

This house, 25 Warland, has only recently changed hands and will be "The Doll House" to me for the foreseeable future.

The Doll House

Bamber

Super Moderator
gonna need some Wellies to get that bike! lol

View attachment 74563 View attachment 74564
That woman on the edge of the shot? She's the one with two dogs, a female yorkshire terrier who is, apparently, a bit of a diva, and an old, greying great dane called Merlin. Merlin was walking happily through the floods while the princess whined to be picked up whenever her feet got wet.