Visiting Ohio, what should I do?

Vinnie

Once more I venture into the belly of the beast and this time I'm making a visit up to the Great Lakes.
In order to get the full flavour of the area, what should I do?

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
LOL! Squirt that is what I was going to say I've never been there.

Cleveland is nice at least when I lived up there but that is when Lake Erie was still kinda clean and had good fishing for Walleye, Perch & Steelhead. I think they still have many fishing rentals and some charters you can take too.

Vinnie

Cleveland for the first week. Thereafter....?

Thinking I'll try and go to the Browns versus Jets game.

squirt

Administrator
that's a good one!
you could also visit the "A Christmas Story" house, or the USS Cod Submarine Memorial, or the Soldiers' and Sailors' Monument

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
Good to know Vinnie I like the Great Lakes Science Center it's where NASA has all the up dates of the latest missions and what they are doing now.

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
sorry I missed this but I was all over Ohio this year looking at the Presidential museums. I was surprised that there were 6 presidents from there. I entered Ohio at Toledo to see one, then down to Cincinnati to see another, on up the middle of the state to see two more, then up to Marion, there got to see the lake which looked just like the ocean, then down the eastern side of the state to see the other two.

I must say, where ever we went every property was immaculately manicured and looked so pretty.

Vinnie

Never went south into the state but stayed up by the lake. The sheer amount of space was staggering. Every house was detatched and most of the plots were largere than mine. Most of the houses were smaller than mine!

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
Well when you think about it, most of those houses, that are still standing, were built in the late 1800's to early 1900's. Back then all they needed was a kitchen, living/eating area and bedroom with the outhouse out back. We did see a few that actually had the outhouse but I'm sure they don't use 'em anymore and have indoor plumbing by now and a few with some room additions over the years.

I just couldn't get over how manicured everyone's property was even way out in the sticks. I think the tallest I saw anyones grass was one place that was about 6-8 inches, maybe on vacation, but the property still looked nice as they all looked freshly painted. Unlike a lot of places we saw in many of the states we have traveled over the years. Didn't see cars with no wheels or many junk cars all over the place, California being one of those states. :hide:

We like to travel all the local roads that my R.V. will allow while towing my Jeep. That way we can see so much more than roof tops from the freeways.

Depending on how much time you have Ohio isn't really all that big. With all of our overnight stops to visit Presidential museums and anything else we saw along the way took us approx. 12 to 14 days.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the game :snigger:

Last edited:

Vinnie

Given the date of construction, you would expect smaller plots not larger. It's much more an effect of just having so much more space I think.

KingHomie

Sex for Brains
back in the day they always have large lots, but today Greed steps in and they try to get as many on a plot of land, so now you open your window and shake hands with your neighbor. Also folks could and still can in some cases, can homestead some land and they are usually very large parcels.

Last edited: