we've pulled the trigger!

squirt

Administrator
$30 for the rocker - that's a deal!!! lol 1happyday2.gif

squirt

Administrator
things are crazy at the moment, I'm getting bombarded with requests for documents, some of which I got rid of years ago, so I'm having to contact various agencies for help, plus I gotta work! lol
please don't feel like I'm fading away, or that I'm ignoring anybody or anything
I'm doing the best I can to balance this full plate I'm carrying! lol

1iloveyou999.gif

squirt

Administrator
we're closing on our house today, they've moved the new house closing to tomorrow, and I'm not happy about it
I rearranged the moon and the stars to get the 26th off, then had to do it again to get today off (the 25th)
we have to be there at noon tomorrow, and I have to be at work at 2PM
I don't want to sell this house, I never did, I don't want to leave, I never have
so with the sale of it, my dream dies, and I'm grieving ♥

I'm thankful for my years spent with this family, for everything we shared, every chance we had to grow. I'll take the best of them with me and lead by their example wherever I go. A friend told me to be honest with you, so here it goes. This isn't what I want, but I'll take the high road. Maybe it's because I look at everything as a lesson, or because I don't want to walk around angry, or maybe it's because I finally understand. There are things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, but have to learn. And people we can't live without, but have to let go.

Bamber

Super Moderator
Some things are hard to take, some things are hard to let go. Personally I look at every new challenge as just that, a challenge and an experience. I pray you can do the same: what is past cannot be changed, but you have massive influence on what is to come.

Trust in the Lord.

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Closing dates change on a daily basis it just does.
I’m sorry to hear your sad I know you hold a lot of memories there but you are also at the point things
are breaking and you can’t fix it all even if it includes your heart. You can take all those memories with
you to the new house and make new ones. I’m pretty sure the birds will follow you too 💜
And what about that jacuzzi and pool What a treat and the house is beautiful! I’ve lived in an older
house the first house I bought with the ex was built in the 50’s it was within the price we qualified
for at the time and although the land was full of trees and pretty the house turned out to be a money pit
BTW watch the movie the Money pit lol but the house was old and I was unhappy there. It got to be to much.
Just remember It WILL be worth it all in the end, as your relaxing in your pool or soaking in the tub watching
Survivor I’ll be jealous lol the best is yet to come ❤️
Also don’t even worry about not being here You have a life too and you don’t have to be the one to carry
the load, everything will be ok no one expects you to be here. I can guarantee not one person would want
you anywhere except where your suppose to be.
Take a breather and just enjoy and you even said All your kids are glad you got a new house You deserve it 💕

I totally agree with what Bamber and Manzy have written. When my late husband and I left the home we had lived in for over 20 years to move into another, more suitable home five years ago I absolutely did not want to leave. However now I'm very happy to be here and have grown to love this home. I know you will feel the same way... especially in your new and beautiful house. Don't forget to send new photos of it! 1556291226157.gif

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
First off What a beautiful blessing that God has blessed you with pool and all wow girl you go. Manzy said it all and it was very well said I agree with her 100% all I can add to that is Let go and let God. I also love what Bamber said. I am so happy for you but at the same time I understand how you feel so just know you are in are prayers and heart.I'm sorry I wasn't here just found this thread dear Squirt.

squirt

Administrator
ya'll are just the best, wise words every one, it's why I came here with it, I pretty much spent yesterday in tears
we (hubby and I) came back into this thread when we got home yesterday, to remind ourselves it's not the end, but the beginning
even our curse is a blessing, many who lose their homes don't have a new one to go to

for me, this house represents my life for the last 41 years, we've only lived here 26 years this time, but this house has always been a part of OUR lives, for hubby, it's 51 years of his life, he's taking it a lot better than I am lol but I think the day we give up the keys, it will hit him

mercy, this house has seen a lot! lol and not all of it good! it has always, always been the place family could go when they had nowhere else to go, nearly every one of us has lived in that garage, including Joel and prplflwr, I remember 5 of us sleeping in there, hubby and I on a mattress, one kid at our head, one on his side, the other on mine lol a lot of memories, and I'm going to do my best to take the good times with me, leaving the bad behind

right now, the new house is abstract, it's something that's over there, something I can't see or touch
I've only been there once, I couldn't drive to it if my life depended on it
but losing my home yesterday, that was real ... we are, at this moment in time, without a home, we've not bought the new one yet
it's a very strange feeling, as I said in Believe, this isn't my home anymore, but it sure looks like my home? lol
and today, when we're done signing all the papers on the new house, all we'll be left with is 2 envelopes of papers and a check for $16,744 for all the years spent here, I'll cry, no doubt lol
we don't even get the keys to the new place until May 14th

I will always be grateful for the hands that hold mine through the rough times in my life

I am truly blessed

Bamber

Super Moderator
Where will you live in the meantime?

You have a very different housing market over there than here. Homes are at such a premium that there is usually a long chain of buyers and sellers; all it takes is one to drop out and several families have to start the whole process all over.

I'll be praying it all goes smoothly for you from now until you are installed in your new home.

Sexylady007

Jokeroo VIP Status
With tears in my eyes I can relate to your every word when I walked away from my home after leaving my Ex the night I went there to get some of my stuff I stood out in the backyard and look at my home I lived in for over 18 yrs and cried my eyes out It was the home I had Omar at and he grow up in all those beautiful memories of his first steps his first words and all the time I spent with my oldest Sharif those are the things that are hard to leave behind but we carry all those beautiful memories in are heart for ever where ever we go.
Trust the process sweetie in time it will all make sense. and yes you are so blessed & so am I
God bless you and hubby.
auhyzn.gif

squirt

Administrator
it is done ... we are home owners again lol
we spent a good half hour or more signing documents - well, hubby did
I signed a total of one document lol
we had them wire the money left to hubby's checking account, so we didn't even get a check to hold in our hand
just a massive binder of documents ...
and at the very end, as she gave us our copies of everything (the binder), she had a surprise for me ...
we got a key to the new place lol I have something tangible, something I CAN hold in my hand
can't use it yet, but it's something I can see, touch, hold in my hand

and it meant the world to me star.gif

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I’m happy your happy now that you have the key 🤗
It’s a HUGE transition and as you read many people go through it
If you had stayed and rebuilt you may not of have been sure where you
would of lived during the build (although your Durango looks pretty comfy) kidding lol
Yes you have a ton of memories there but even if you stayed they are still memories
The kids are all grown, just remember the good times there, I’ve thought about us moving
again and then I think but what about Madison’s tree or everything we’ve done here and
then I think Madison lives in my heart, she’ll still see her tree, I really think once you get in
the new place Riley will be running all over the place and you’ll be grinning ear to ear
You’ll have a house warming party and a place to play Mexican train and a built in dishwasher,
Double oven and a pantry with cabinets Woot!! Again I’m so jealous 😂
Everything’s gonna be alright 💯