we've pulled the trigger!

squirt

Administrator
so much for being here for morning coffee lol

I woke up to emails saying the sofa guys were on their way!
so I hurried up, got ready, fixed a to go cup of coffee, threw some boxes in the car, and off I went
they were supposed to deliver between 8AM and noon, but nobody showed, found out the delivery truck broke down, so I came back home only to find a message from the cleaners, they were on their way

so I threw a few more boxes in the car (put the first load in the garage), headed back, got there just a few minutes before the cleaners, got them going, and wanted to go to Ross for a couple of things, but before I could get there, found out the sofa guy was "enroute" to me, so I turned around, drove thru Jack in the Box, cuz I was starving by then, and headed back to the new house, sat there for a couple more hours, the cleaners finished, I paid them, still no sofa, found out they were running really late cuz of the truck, and would be awhile, finally made it to Ross, and came back here, got on the Roo, only for hubby to show up and say the sofa guy was 20 minutes out lol
bless his heart, he went over to wait for them lol

now I'm not anxious to get back over there, it is BORING! no TV, no internet, no music, can't even get in the pool without a change of clothes and a towel, but I did find TWO fishies in the koi pond, which means I need to go by Kroger for fish food, and I need to get combination locks for all the gates, cuz of the pool, and it's looking like we might not be able to sleep there tonight after all, one of the legs on the sofa is messed up, they can't replace it until Saturday, hubby's trying to see if he can make it work for now ... oh, and I never saw the gas guy, so I don't know if we have hot water or not

if I was a drinker, I'd be having a stiff one about now! lol tequilashot.gif

squirt

Administrator
I am freakin' EXHAUSTED lol

God tried, He really tried to stop us from sleeping there last night, couldn't find a single sofa that Amazon could deliver by that date, and they just threw the one we bought on a truck already scheduled for deliveries, even the lovely first meal we had planned ended up falling through 'cuz the restaurant is closed on Mondays lol we ended up having sandwiches lol

when they showed up to deliver the sofa, it fell out of the truck lol
the truck had been in an accident, and after they brought it in the house (and left), hubby sat down, and a leg broke off lol
so he took all the legs off and got some bricks out of the garage, that worked for like a minute, until we pulled the sleeper out, as we settled in to go to sleep, our heads started sinking ... into the sofa! lol after messing with it for a few, we gave up, took the mattress off and put it on the floor, threw my futon mattress on top, and called it good night lol I think we're gonna ask for a refund on that sofa lol they want to bring us another on Saturday, but it fell apart so quickly, I don't want even that brand anymore! (Cindy Crawford btw)

on the good news side, we did have hot water, and hubby got to take a bath in the jacuzzi bathtub 1sm088doubleup.gif
however ... we couldn't figure out how to turn the jacuzzi features on lol

after the day I had yesterday, and the night I had last night, I finally gave up about 7AM, packed up and came home lol
(the new house is not home until it has my bed, my cats, my clothes and my computer in it! lol)
crawled back in my bed and managed to get a bit of a cat nap in, I think I'm too tired to sleep ... I told God that's really not fair lol

hubby wanted me to get our bed ready to move, I told him to go fly a kite, I'm way too tired for that, I'm going to spend the day packing and Rooing, and I'm going to sleep in my bed tonight ... end of lol

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I did not hit the like button on that post ^ I did not lol
There’s a whole lot of Murphy’s law right there if it could happen it did lol
I’d get a refund for the bed too, do you have an Ashley furniture or a ‘real’ store nearby
Hope things sail smoothly today and forward, gotta get the kinks out first ❤️

squirt

Administrator
I just keep telling myself it's ALL going to be worth it lol

well? I wuz supposed to be broadcasting from the new house tonight, with a sofa sleeper to sleep on, and at least one TV working
but the sofa is sitting broken in the middle of the living room, Rooms To Go had to be forced to issue us a refund, so they're not coming to get it until Monday, even though they were going to replace it on Saturday, I'm waiting for our refund to hit the bank, then I'm going to hit corporate for the way customer service handled the incident, we had to get the credit card company involved, and we ordered a dining room table from them too, we want it, but would cancel the order no problem! lol so they could give us the refund and still save the other sale, or lose both sales!

so hubby and I were supposed to go sofa shopping *again* this evening, he gets here and doesn't want to go, doesn't want to help me put a load in the car, doesn't want to sleep on the floor again, doesn't want me to go sofa shopping without him, just wants to go get some of the beer (2 cases) he had at the new house, so I get him in the car, and we go to ... Ashley! lol
we spent an hour going through that place looking at and trying out sofas, and of the 3 we liked, absolutely NONE were in stock, so when we got back home, I went to Ashley dot com to buy the one we liked the most, could not find any way to "add to cart", just kept giving me the store locator which would then take me back to Ashley dot com lol

I was supposed to move the computers and cable box today, I was supposed to lose service here, and it was supposed to be turned on at the new house, but I have to call for the activation (equipment is already there) after I get our systems hooked up, so they may be waiting for that call, or I may wake up to no internet, who knows lol

I'm getting WAY too used to people not doing what they were SUPPOSED to do! lol swear11.gif

Sorry to hear about the hurdles that are being put in front of you. Thanks for sharing them - it helps a bit to vent, doesn't it?

I had one good experience with Rooms To Go a long time ago. However the two times I went back to the store after that I swore I'd never go back again... and I haven't. My experience at Ashley two years ago was all right. I'm glad you "got" you husband to go with you.
your experiences today will be better!

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
If it’s not letting you add the sofa sleeper to the cart then it’s out of stock (probably just wasn’t changed on the main page)

Your big strong hubby isn’t moving boxes but your tiny little self is lol
He needs to get beer when everything’s done as a reward not before the move lol
Did you get movers for all your furniture or are y’all moving it yourselves?

I sent them an email, there's been no reply
I've gone on and purchased an Ashley sofa at Nebraska Furniture Mart lol
delivering tomorrow!
got the locksmith coming to rekey the locks tomorrow too

I learned many many years ago that a 300lb gorilla sits where he wants to lol
and you can no more make him do anything than you could a gorilla lol
sooner or later, guilt or a desire to be done will take over lol
I suspect he didn't have a great day at work yesterday
we're hiring movers for the furniture, with the exception of our bed
hubby wants it ready to move by the time he gets off work tonight
I also have a mound of laundry going to the laundromat
and hope to move the computers and cable box today

hope floats! lol angelheart1.gif

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Oh my word darlin' girl ~ I've been gone 5 minutes and look what you've done. What a hell of a story ~ but the thing is, after all this
terrible messing about, and you settle in, there will come a time, when you sit back, in your own new 'little nest' and look at each other
and have a laugh over all the things and trials and tribulations that occurred during your move. it doesn't sound like you would at present
but it will happen ~ I went through exactly the same sort of thing years back, sleeping on a mattress on bare wooden floor boards, only a
couple a sit up and beg chairs ~ and thought then "what the hell am I doing" ~ now I can look back, learn from it, and have a chuckle.
I do wish you both every wish possible that it's all sorted out quickly for you.

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I just keep telling myself it's ALL going to be worth it lol

I was supposed to move the computers and cable box today, I was supposed to lose service here, and it was supposed to be turned on at the new house, but I have to call for the activation (equipment is already there) after I get our systems hooked up, so they may be waiting for that call, or I may wake up to no internet, who knows lol
So I’m just guessing that your internet isn’t activated yet.. I’m sure they’ll be there Wednesday right lol
I sure hope so anyway 💞

squirt

Administrator
I haven't cried, I've been so good, so strong, working so hard, but the Spectrum tech made me cry today lol
I felt so bad for the guy, but I couldn't stop the tears

Friday, I got up and went to the old house and worked for a couple of hours, came back here to learn that Nebraska Furniture Mart's sofa delivery truck broke down, followed shortly thereafter by a notification that the locksmith was having car trouble lol they both eventually showed up, and I was able to go get Jack and do a little more packing and tossing

I gave each cat a capstar (flea) tablet, which then gave me 24 hours to move that cat, capstar kills all fleas on cats for 24 hours, so I'd give one cat a capstar, give it overnight to kick in, then moved the cat, brought the last one over (Pei Wei) yesterday
Jack spent his first night walking on my head, kneading my blanket with the occasional claw to the leg, or sat in the middle of the foyer, just outside our bedroom, meowing lol Pei Wei spent her entire first night here IN the carrier she fought so hard to stay out of, only coming out once she pissed all over the inside lol

Saturday, they were supposed to deliver our dining room table, that's the broken sofa company (Rooms to Go), they've changed that delivery date to May 29, so we'll be using our card table until then (assholes)

Friday afternoon, I told Kipper I was fixing to move the computers and equipment, got it all over here, all hooked up, set up, ready to go, then called Friday evening for the activation, cable TV came right on, but I spent 40 minutes on hold with them trying to fix the internet, their computer wouldn't recognize the modem here, it kept telling them that my modem was still at the old house ... after going through 3 different supervisors, they finally decided that THEY couldn't fix it, and would have to submit a ticket, and it would take 3-5 days for them to get me connected ... today was day 5 (of course lol) nobody contacted me to tell me they'd even worked on it, so tired of waiting, I called them to check on the status, they said it was fixed, but it wasn't lol to their credit, they sent a tech out almost immediately, who said to me after the week I'd had, that we needed to replace the cable where it's been run under the vinyl siding ... tears just started rolling down my cheeks, there was no holding 'em back anymore lol I thought he was telling me I wouldn't have internet for a long long time
he said no, he'd have it on in a minute ... and with 45 minutes left before my first shift back to work, I was online lol

I was so glad to get back to work, if only to get out of this mess for awhile lol
I've been working from the time I get up until I can't take another step every day, so today at work felt like a vacation lol whew1.gif
we don't even have all of the little stuff taken care of yet, been there 26 years, so the top layer would be year 26, I think we're on about year 6 now lol all the furniture still needs to be moved, with the exception of our bed
I'll spend tomorrow from the time I get up and have coffee until I'm done at the old house tomorrow, there's still 2 closets and all the cat toys, I think I can get it off the to do list, I think I can, I think I can! lol

if you're going through hell, keep on going, face that fire, walk right through it, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there! 1kissheart.gif