we've pulled the trigger!

You have to be tired with everything you're doing! Fingers crossed you get some extra help today... after he's had some coffee though...

squirt

Administrator
he never made it to the old house yesterday
ya'll are shocked, I know ... lol

he had a couple of things he wanted to get, and we're about out of extra money
but with the refund of the one sofa, and a cheaper sofa purchase + a payment on the credit card, we had a $221 credit
so I told him he could use that to get what we needed, I wanted a new shower head too
and by the time he got home from that, our new vacuum had arrived, so he did vacuum, just at the new house instead of the old one lol
that was more like play, that new vacuum is a Shark, and it's bad ass! lol
but that means nothing else has been done to the old house since I was there last Sunday

I'm going over tomorrow, I'll be prioritizing
what I want moved will get cleaned first
because I can see what's coming a mile away
as the date for us to be out gets closer, he's going to decide we don't need some of that stuff
and when the date gets even closer, he'll just start throwing things in the truck and bringing them here, full of cottonwood seeds and spider webs
I expect eventually, he'll make a deal with the buyer about leaving the rest, even though he jumped all over me for even suggesting it, even though it was HIS realtor that told us we could (just leave what we don't want), he said the buyer wants it ALL out

meanwhile, last night, the security system that's already installed here decided it was ready to be activated, and started beeping
it was nearly 1AM before I went to bed, and rather than wake him up by turning on the bedroom light (where the main control is), I just went to bed, managed to fall asleep after awhile
I was deep deep asleep when I woke to somebody calling my name ... apparently he had no problem waking me up lol
the thing is, that security system is not online, it's waiting for us to initiate service, and we haven't decided if we're going to or not, so why it decided it was ready to activate escapes me
but it sure made for a rough shift for my tired arse lol

bed calls ... ya'll have my love, always! sendinglove.gif

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Holy oh my goodness ~ It really shouldn’t be that hard.. things need to be done then just getter done
instead of leaving that to one person and making even more work. Why wouldn’t you want to bring
clean things to the new place instead of cobwebs and such 🧐
Well now you know you can go ahead and wake him up too 😂 I might have one of those blow horns you
can borrow cuz somebody needs some waking up!
I don’t get you doing all the packing, moving and going to work too. with a big strong hubby there that could do so much

squirt

Administrator
don't forget the unpacking lol
that blow horn idea is funny ... and appealing lol 1high5.gif

I went over early today, first thing I cleaned was my rocker lol 1sm088doubleup.gif
hubby made it home to meet the table guy, and came over to help me get some stuff down that I can't reach
ended up in a fight, but something I said clicked, because he started cleaning too
we got so much done, it's amazing what we can accomplish when we work TOGETHER

all I have left is one bedroom suit, which won't be too bad, it's in a back corner of the house, doesn't get much cottonwood lol
and what will be my new desk ... his mother's roll top desk
I'll do those on Friday, plus I need to make a run to Goodwill, and to Spectrum to drop off extra TV boxes that they've been charging me for but don't use anymore (fuckers lol)
he's got his mother's dresser to clean, and he's got to make sure those (her) mattresses don't have spiders
when he brought that bedroom suit home, it had been sitting in an unlived in trailer at the lake for who knows how long
and I started finding recluse spiders in the litter boxes ( wtfsign.gif )
I must've killed half a dozen, and that doesn't include the ones who got away! lol
I told him if he doesn't check them out and make sure, the first person I'll put in that bedroom to sleep will be his sister lol Devilsmiley-1.gif

him helping wasn't a moment too soon
I've been having a sore throat the last few days, and a cough that's gotten thicker and greener by the day lol
but I think I know the cause: he put our bedroom fan close to the bed, and blowing right in my face, he was just trying to do something nice, but I think that's what's making me sick, and I moved it last night

I have leftover antibiotics, and some Robitussin, I'll be feeling right as rain soon 1sm088doubleup.gif

squirt

Administrator
Loving your thorough updates - thanks for taking the time. Hope you got through your shift with eyes wide open.
it helps ... it helps more than you can imagine to be able to come here and validate that I'm not a fecking weirdo! lol
he makes me feel like I'm such an oddball, but I've never ever ever felt that here!
like today, he said it's clean, but not by your standards ... I told him he had a strange definition of clean lol

thank you, for listening, for being here to hold my hand! 1iloveyou999.gif

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
Oh right the unpacking 🤨 lol
Well Hail Mary!! He saw the light let’s just hope it keeps on shining
Eeeek those brown recluse spiders are poisonous and if your finding that many they are nesting
somewhere probably the mattress... I wouldn’t even put that in the new house what about if you can’t
find them all, and it sounds like the mattress is a bit worn anyway.. Are y’all getting a dumpster?
And you already know why your sick, over worked and exhausted 😩 you can take it easy you do
have 4 weeks and I’ll bet your sons would be more than happy to help too

It's good that everything is moving steadily along. I agree with Manzy about the spiders! Gosh, how I hate those things. I'm glad your big guy is helping more. Fingers crossed
you're feeling better today!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

squirt

Administrator
it's a mattress and box springs, and that's why we need to inspect them carefully, they're in pretty good shape though
but hubby should be wearing gloves while he handles them, recluse bites are nasty
we don't need a dumpster, we just put it on the curb, call the city, and they send a truck 1sm088doubleup.gif
often, items don't survive the night, they're gone by morning, I'm gonna miss that lol
only need a dumpster for construction refuse

Joel has said he was going to come help twice, never showed, the third time he did show, he just walked through the house talking about how weird it will be when the house is empty, then went to the bar for a beer lol
my youngest managed to get his wife to drive him over, but when he got in the car to follow us to this house, she didn't follow lol she took his arse home lol

that leaves one child, prplflwr
she and her fella will be here in the morning with a trailer, they're taking one of the refrigerators, and the dishwasher (it's a roll away)
they'll also load up a bunch of stuff hubby wants at the farm, and I'll be at work
hubby has to have a path to the piano cleared by Wednesday

I got up, and hurried over there hoping to get there before they cut the utilities off, never in my life has a utility guy ever been early, until today lol
the electricity was off, but the water I had stashed in the fridge was still cold, and I thought the water was still on, but I think I was just draining the pipes, even got some hot water before the flow stopped lol
I got the desk, and the bedroom suit cleaned, and went to work on that piano
it has suffered terribly being out in that garage, for the life of me, I can't imagine how it got out there, I would never allow it, which means it happened when I wasn't there, and since there's no way in hell for ME to move it, it had to stay there (this was YEARS ago)
gonna cost me an extra $60 to get that moved lol

the movers are scheduled for noon on Wednesday, and I have one more day off before that day, and that's Sunday
I have laundry from the old house to do, which means a trip to the laundromat, and hubby is going to rig up an inverter so we have power for the vacuum cleaner, to clean cobwebs and cottonwood off the bottoms of things, that's the one thing I couldn't do today, wash the bottom of the big book case, one dresser, and the back and bottom of the piano

and one more note worthy mention: hubby and I were talking about getting this wrapped up, and he says you know you're my hero right? while it doesn't make not helping ok, it was nice to hear it admitted lol ♥

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
My grandma used to play the piano I loved just listening to her she used to play 🎶 Sugertime 🎶
Sugar in the morning, sugar in the evening, sugar at supper time, be my little sugar and love me all
the time.. Aww what a great memory and funny my other grandma used to call me Shuggie.
Do you play? Thanks for keeping the piano they really are treasures ❤️

So much for the boys eh! All 3 of em lol

Things could only get better right 😃 Hoping for a smooth ride (spiderless) for the rest of your move

squirt

Administrator
Loved that, thank you ♥

I started taking piano lessons on this piano when I was 8, but for some adult reason, I had to stop before I learned to read music
so I can play some things, like 3 blind mice, The First Noel, chopsticks, and a couple of other oddities
when I found out that Dad was going to let me have the piano, I thought one day, I'd resume those lessons
now the piano is in such bad shape, it would cost a fortune to restore it, but hope floats

I started yesterday with THE most wonderful visit
prplflwr showed up with Riley to go swimming, and see the house
watching those 2 in the pool made EVERYTHING worth while, every effort, every fight, every icky think I cleaned lol
I had to go to work, and I'd already gotten dressed, that's why I wasn't in the pool too
but it was a wonderful thing to tuck into my heart, still makes me smile!

they got a lot done yesterday, we've got a clear path to get the piano out, and they got quite a bit out of the shed
he's still got work to do there, but most of it is just shoveling things into garbage bags now

the movers will be at the old house at noon on Wed, it's $95/hr, 2 hr minimum, + $60 to move the piano
there may be an additional charge for hubby's gang box
so this evening was spent moving all the things that hubby said could go there "for now" lol sweeping, mopping, clearing all areas where furniture is supposed to go, I reckon a good vacuuming upstairs in the 2 extra bedrooms should be done too, before they're filled up with furniture

it's starting to wind down, at last at last! lol bliss.gif

TonyColony

"It's almost as if a dam has burst and things are closer to being done. You're sounding less stressed and that's a blessing."

A good time to say "keep it up, you're almost there." :)

squirt

Administrator
it looks like we're looking at The End lol
the end of the old house anyway

hired movers to move the furniture on Wednesday, they were actually early, which was a nice change lol
I was absolutely satisfied with their work, I must remember to go to their website, and post kudos
not only were they early, they hit the door running, they never stopped except to drive from the old house to the new
took 3 hours, about an hour and a half at each location, at $95/hr + $60 for the piano + $70 trip charge + I tipped them $20 each (3 of 'em)
worth every penny!

when I saw what they had to do to get the bookcase upstairs, I knew I had to tip them lol
they had to lay it on it's back while standing on the stairs, and pass it across the railing lol
hubby says it's not coming down lol he's going to bolt it to the wall lol
they refused to move the gang box I didn't want moved anyway lol but not because of me, I don't know why they wouldn't move it, not even for an extra $60, it rolls ... RK and I decided that must be why, it was a safety hazard

hubby and I are going back over to the old house tomorrow, to see what's left, and what to do with what's left
one thing is the bird bath, it is coming over, but it will sit in the front of the house, not the back
there's still a fridge there, we'll probably just take it to the curb
and some odds and ends
new owner said don't bother cleaning it, he's going to gut the house, if not tear it down

so tomorrow could be one of the last times I'm there, I'll go look from time to time, just out of curiosity to see what he's done

but it's time to shut the door on that chapter of our lives, and begin writing a new one! lovelettersmiley.gif

Bamber

Super Moderator
You've got space and time to breath now. It'll take you some time to get the new place "just so", but that's the fun part now.

Hooray for those fantastic movers! So many chores are checked off your list. I'm glad you're getting a little more breathing room. Thanks for the thorough updates, love 'em. Don't suppose you'd want to share a photo or two when you're done?

squirt

Administrator
of course! and thanks ya'll! ♥

tomorrow is my last visit to the old house, I'm going to put the boxes out for recycling, I already have some there, but I have a ton more in the garage here, then I'll have to adjust to a new way and a new day lol there's a bucket over there I want to get, I hope it's still there cuz where I am now, they don't want the recyclables bagged, just tossed in the bin, and I want the bucket to save walking out to the bin many times a day lol just empty the bucket once or twice a day, depending on the need

I'll be leaving my key when I leave, that'll be weird lol
but I've already gone through the grieving process, so there shouldn't be tears, might be a little hard to let go of that key lol
then it will be time to focus forward!

I've got my sisters and mom coming down at the end of the month for birthday celebrations
the house will be picture perfect 1sm088doubleup.gif
we usually meet in Oklahoma, but they're coming here this time, the weather should be perfect for getting in the pool
just need hubby to get the beds upstairs put together, and I'll be able to get the last of the boxes unpacked
well, there's still hubby's office boxes, but that's his problem lol I won't take a pic of his corner lol

I can't thank ya'll enough, for the love and support, for holding my hand, for just listening
I might coulda' made it without you, but why would I want to? and who knows, I might have ended up in a rubber room if not for being able to come here, get it all out, and let it go

I love my friends that turned into family! heartburst1.gif