what do you believe?

squirt

Administrator
I believe I hate vehicle problems especially a ways from home

I believe I had the same problem with my truck a few years ago. My speedometer would work sometimes and other time it would bounce around until it finally quit altogether.

I believe when I finally brought it in, all it was, was a $20 relay switch, I hope you are as lucky lol

I believe my truck is 23 years old with 199,400 miles on it

I believe however, I did not have all those other problems lol good luck
I believe the incident on the highway may have been the cruise control trying to go out

I believe it still makes my heart pound to think about it lol

I believe from your lips to God's ears lol

I believe a lot of her issues are electrical, and that sucks lol

I believe I sure appreciate ya, Rich! 1kissheart.gif

squirt

Administrator
I believe it's Tuesday, and I don't want to get up and have to face people before coffee in the morning lol

I believe the sooner I get it there, the better *though*

I believe hubby had his appt with the new dentist today

I believe he was very pleased with how it went

I believe that's good news for me, as I see him next lol

I believe my dentures need adjusted

I believe I had to put my foot down about sleeping in the car on the trip

I believe the dentures require a sink, and I would really rather not do it in a public bathroom lol

I believe I almost rented a Mercedes for the trip, but the contract won't allow us to take it to Montana, darn it

I believe I better get movin' and head to bed

I believe in taking care of business! pinkrose1.gif

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I Believe I hope it all goes well with your van today... will it be hard to find parts if she needs major fixin'

I Believe every time I try to rent a RAV4 I get another SUV usually a Nissan lol

I Believe you don't always get what you want with those people.. I usually use Enterprise, I've had bad experiences with Budget
and I forgot the name but one place said they had no car when I got to the SJ Airport - ummm that ain't gonna shake with me lol

I Believe I didn't get what you meant you mean hubby sleeping while your driving and when do you go?

I Believe that'll be fun ya'll should be snowbirds leave the heat in the summer

I Believe I have a friend I used to work with who lives in Austin he described the dry heat happening today last time I was in
dry heat was Arizona my mouth broke out with blisters.. No can do dry heat don't know how you do it lol

I Believe I found my Al Pacino autograph and his photo I took from 1984 I was looking for it I have it in a frame now :)

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I believe it's due for an oil change, inspection and registration too lol

I believe she's only got a little over 96,000 miles on her, she should have another 100,000 in her

I believe we'll find out tomorrow!

I believe it's sad how little younger generations know about the country they live in

I believe immigrants know more

I believe after the Boston Tea Party, Britain started banning shipments of arms and ammunition to the colonies

I believe that just pissed us off lol

I believe we go above and beyond where possible View attachment 22711
i believe i hope its only a case of some TLC
i believe my truck has over double that and going strong
i believe my fingers are crossed
i believe i posted a video in the political thread that shows just how little they know
i believe Canadians know more as we are taught
i believe i knew that...just messin with ya...lol
i believe i agree and in loc tite
1269598fkrqvy7liq.gif

Country17

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I Believe you don't always get what you want with those people.. I usually use Enterprise, I've had bad experiences with Budget
and I forgot the name but one place said they had no car when I got to the SJ Airport - ummm that ain't gonna shake with me lol

I Believe I have a friend I used to work with who lives in Austin he described the dry heat happening today last time I was in
dry heat was Arizona my mouth broke out with blisters.. No can do dry heat don't know how you do it lol
I believe we were dropped off at an Enterprise franchise after our accident last fall in Georgia.

I believe it was just 7am and they told us they were not open for business yet. We explained our situation and they got $$$$$ signs in their eyes lol

I believe they charged us over $600 for a rental.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! However, when we returned it later that day in Florida, they could not believe that we had been charged that much. To their credit they did refund us $250.

I believe when I was in Dallas for a week it rained most of the time and was not that warm lol however I was in Albuquerque and Oklahoma City when it was hot and the one difference between dry and humid is that you sweat much quicker when it is humid.

squirt

Administrator
I Believe I hope it all goes well with your van today... will it be hard to find parts if she needs major fixin'

I Believe every time I try to rent a RAV4 I get another SUV usually a Nissan lol

I Believe I didn't get what you meant you mean hubby sleeping while your driving and when do you go?

I Believe that'll be fun ya'll should be snowbirds leave the heat in the summer

I Believe I found my Al Pacino autograph and his photo I took from 1984 I was looking for it I have it in a frame now :)
I believe we're $1,072 lighter, and the van died in the Chick Fil A drive thru on my way home lol nightmare.gif

I believe $500 of that was just new shocks, and it got an oil change, an inspection, the tail light fixed and a fuel injector treatment

I believe he said he found the cause and replaced a solenoid, said it was running good, idling well, and I left one happy camper!

I believe it started acting up at Chick Fil A, it died, I got it started and into a parking spot, went in and got my food, drove it around the parking lot at the mall without incident, then when I pulled out on the road to head home, the check engine light came back on lol

I believe it made it home, but it was still acting like it wants to die, I drove it around the block without incident, but that check engine light is still on

I believe I'm hoping it's just adjusting to its new life lol angel.gif

I believe the first 2 states we've already seen, and well: Colorado and Oklahoma, so we'll drive straight through those states, and we'll probably leave the night of the 25th, grandson has his driving test, we have to go get the rental car, and take the van to have it painted while we're gone, as well as load up and show the grandson some things he needs to know, that will eat up much of the day

I believe we won't be able to stand it, we'll want to get out of Dallas, maybe even Texas that night, and will hit the road

I believe hubby's bedtime is 8PM, mine is 1AM lol and we have a futon mattress we can put in the back, so one of us can sleep while the other drives

I believe I used a travel site to rent the car, I tried renting from Sixt (DO NOT ever use them!), found a Mercedes, booked it, THEN were told we could only take it in a 4 state area (including Texas), so I contacted their customer support immediately, was told I'd get a full refund, saw they'd credited my account, then got an email from them today saying they were going to charge me $178 for the cancellation, but they put the whole $781 back on the debit card lol I contacted them again, again they said they would give a full refund because I'm not cancelling due to issues on my end, I'm cancelling because they didn't show the territorial limitations until AFTER the booking was completed

I believe, upon further research, I learned that travel sites have their own contracts with the car rental companies, and those contracts supercede company policies, and when they say unlimited miles, they mean it lol

I believe we don't really have dry heat here, but Dallas is closer to the Red River than Austin is to the Gulf of Mexico

I believe I'm glad you found it!

squirt

Administrator
i believe i hope its only a case of some TLC
i believe my truck has over double that and going strong
i believe my fingers are crossed
i believe i posted a video in the political thread that shows just how little they know
i believe Canadians know more as we are taught
i believe i knew that...just messin with ya...lol
i believe i agree and in loc tite
View attachment 22790
I believe I was feelin' really good when I picked her up!

I believe I was feelin' really bad by the time I got home! lol

I believe I'll contact the shop in the morning

I believe that was a great video lol 1sm088doubleup.gif

I believe civics just sank lower and lower on the priority list until we have a whole generation without a clue about how this country was founded and why, or how our government operates

I believe there's too much going on in my head lol

I believe hand in hand!
1269598fkrqvy7liq.gif

squirt

Administrator
I believe we were dropped off at an Enterprise franchise after our accident last fall in Georgia.

I believe it was just 7am and they told us they were not open for business yet. We explained our situation and they got $$$$$ signs in their eyes lol

I believe they charged us over $600 for a rental.......grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! However, when we returned it later that day in Florida, they could not believe that we had been charged that much. To their credit they did refund us $250.

I believe when I was in Dallas for a week it rained most of the time and was not that warm lol however I was in Albuquerque and Oklahoma City when it was hot and the one difference between dry and humid is that you sweat much quicker when it is humid.
I believe we used Enterprise when we drove to Vegas, good experience!

I believe we'll pick this car up at AVIS

I believe I'm glad they at least tried to do right by you 1sm088doubleup.gif

I believe Dallas is only hot for a month or 2 in summer, it's a good trade for the short winters lol

1smileyblowkiss070909.gif

squirt

Administrator
I believe it's Wednesday, and this van thing is gonna give me an ulcer lol

I believe she can be made right, or I'd give up

I believe my biggest fear is it breaking down on the road, that is THE worst!

I believe it's not only dangerous, it's embarrassing and a lot of hassle

I believe I got to talking to the mechanic about ethanol, came home and did some research, because Kroger's gas is 10% ethanol

I believe the things it describes fits the van to a T ... but not about ethanol, about just plain bad gas

I believe I got $50 worth at a small station we stopped at on the way to the great granddaughter's birthday party

I believe it was about 15 minutes later that it started sputtering and backfired

I believe it's down to about 1/4 tank, I'll take it up the road tomorrow afternoon and put some more gas in, see if that helps

I believe some prayers wouldn't hurt lol peekaboo.gif

I believe life doesn't have to be so hard! bloomingrose.gif

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status

I Believe it’s funny how everyone had a beef with a car rental place one time or another they are all crooks if you ask me

I Believe at least Enterprise told me they put a charge on my bank account then it credits off later I do hate that feature lol

I Believe when we were in Atlanta and especially South Carolina and there it was just a few hours most of our visit we spent inside at an air conditioned restaurant the humidity is the worst

I Believe I think I took 5 showers a day lol

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I Believe I’m sorry to hear about the van acting up again

I Believe I’ve always used regular gas never had a problem with any vehicles

I Believe what’s good gas? You mean like Shell or Chevron, I usually get mine at Safeway and I get a discount if I’ve bought enough groceries I’ll take it, gas is $3.55 a gallon here

I Believe I’d be scared to and most likely wouldn’t drive it except to the shop especially with no phone to call for help

I Believe I’m glad the car rental place didn’t reem you for a cancellation charge keep an eye on your account though

I Believe I’m glad Dallas isn’t hot more than 2 months a year.. I’m sure it’s HOT when it is though lol

I Believe have y’all mapped out your trip yet? Staying in hotels I assume?

squirt

Administrator
I believe what they described was just bad gas, like it had gotten water in it, things like that

I believe the van has been running on Kroger gas for over 5 years

I believe I've never gotten gas at that station before, so I really don't know, just hoping lol

I believe I work close enough to the house to walk if the van breaks down, either way

I believe a lot depends on your definition of hot lol hubby says 80 is hot, it's just right for me! lol

I believe all we know is that we're headed to Montana, we'll take a look when we get to Wyoming, but we're both researching things we'd like to see, like Yellowstone

I believe the dentures make a sink necessary, and privacy would be nice lol

I believe I looked into RV rentals, we can rent the SUV and stay in a hotel or motel every night and still come out cheaper than the RV rental

I believe I fully expect to spend at least one night out under the stars

I believe you're such a great friend!
hithearts.gif

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I believe I was feelin' really good when I picked her up!

I believe I was feelin' really bad by the time I got home! lol

I believe I'll contact the shop in the morning

I believe that was a great video lol View attachment 22884

I believe civics just sank lower and lower on the priority list until we have a whole generation without a clue about how this country was founded and why, or how our government operates

I believe there's too much going on in my head lol

I believe hand in hand! View attachment 22885
i believe i am so sad you went through that experience
i believe they will get to the bottom of the issue
i believe yes it could be water in the gas if it was a station that doesnt get many customers
i believe that video just proves its all about hate Trump
i believe i watched Watter's World on the 4th...and only 1 person knew why ya'll celebrated the 4th
i believe civics needs to make a comeback in your classrooms
i believe you do have a lot going on right now 1hug.gif
i believe i will be praying for you and your van
i believe just cuz 1269598fkrqvy7liq.gif

squirt

Administrator
I believe we will get it fixed 1high5.gif

I believe the check engine light was still on when I decided to take it for a test drive, drove right in to the shop

I believe I went up and put $70 worth of prime gas in it, hasn't helped *yet*

I believe it sure makes me wonder what they're gonna do when he's no longer there to hate, he can only hold office for 8 years lol

I believe it makes it hard to think about anything else, which is sad, cuz I have a lot of really great things to think about lol

I believe I really appreciate that, Love! ♥

I believe for all our days and beyond
1269598fkrqvy7liq.gif

squirt

Administrator
I believe it's Thursday, and the van saga continues lol

I believe they spent about an hour messing with it today, told me they thought it should do just fine, gave me an estimate on replacing the alternator tensioner, and sent me on my way (no charge)

I believe it didn't even make it halfway home, died at a redlight just a couple of city blocks from the shop lol

I believe I managed to milk it home, but when I tried to go to work, it didn't want to start, and if it did start, it died as soon as I took my foot off the gas pedal

I believe I was looking for a tow truck company when hubby got involved lol

I believe he called the place, told them that he didn't want me to use them, but I believe in them, and he really needs them to take care of me, and if they don't, he'll take it somewhere else ! (bad cop lol)

I believe they'll have a tow truck here in the morning lol

I believe the only questions left is when it will be ready, what will it cost, and am I gonna have it in time to go to work tomorrow

I believe I had to miss work today, I can't do that too many more times

I believe I'm glad I didn't try to drive it to work though, as I sat in it watching it rain so hard, I couldn't see the end of my block lol

I believe I need this to be over, please? lol angel.gif

Last edited:

Manzy

Jokeroo VIP Status
I Believe I came to check on you and the van ♥

I Believe I'm sorry to hear the news... my friend had her Saturn for 20 years and one day it just stopped

I Believe she had to let go of her best friend (car) and now she's super happy with her little Element

I Believe its sort of like anything, as they get older and wear and tear sets in its not always fixable, but I do hope it is

I Believe my jeep started to nickle and dime me to death I traded it in for my Honda Pilot and couldn't be happier, although now my Honda is outdated lol

I Believe I had two great visits today.. First was co-workers a couple I worked with, he's still hilarious I walked in and he was laying on the floor say WHAT!! I didn't realize he was taking apart an eliptical got a good laugh from the start, 2nd was a date with the Corvette Club about 5 minutes away at the Olive Garden another great time, I will miss everyone.. One's moving to Arkansas the other Arizona both are to scorching hot for my blood

I Believe it was 90 degrees here today I kept the a/c on all the blinds shut came home to a cool house and 2 excited dogs lol

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I believe we will get it fixed View attachment 23022

I believe the check engine light was still on when I decided to take it for a test drive, drove right in to the shop

I believe I went up and put $70 worth of prime gas in it, hasn't helped *yet*

I believe it sure makes me wonder what they're gonna do when he's no longer there to hate, he can only hold office for 8 years lol

I believe it makes it hard to think about anything else, which is sad, cuz I have a lot of really great things to think about lol

I believe I really appreciate that, Love! ♥

I believe for all our days and beyond View attachment 23023
i believe i am sad the van saga continues
i believe it is fixable
i believe my daughter had the same thing happen to her with her old car
i believe it was the fuel pump cutting out intermittently
i believe changing the fuel pump fixed the problem the she sold the car...lol
i believe they will hate the next Trump that wins..JR or maybe even Ivanka
i believe that would really cause their heads to explode on the left...lmfao
i believe things will work out as He planned
i believe thats all i can do from here
i believe in us 1269598fkrqvy7liq.gif

squirt

Administrator
I Believe I came to check on you and the van ♥

I Believe I'm sorry to hear the news... my friend had her Saturn for 20 years and one day it just stopped

I Believe she had to let go of her best friend (car) and now she's super happy with her little Element

I Believe its sort of like anything, as they get older and wear and tear sets in its not always fixable, but I do hope it is

I Believe my jeep started to nickle and dime me to death I traded it in for my Honda Pilot and couldn't be happier, although now my Honda is outdated lol

I Believe I had two great visits today.. First was co-workers a couple I worked with, he's still hilarious I walked in and he was laying on the floor say WHAT!! I didn't realize he was taking apart an eliptical got a good laugh from the start, 2nd was a date with the Corvette Club about 5 minutes away at the Olive Garden another great time, I will miss everyone.. One's moving to Arkansas the other Arizona both are to scorching hot for my blood

I Believe it was 90 degrees here today I kept the a/c on all the blinds shut came home to a cool house and 2 excited dogs lol

I believe I have to have a vehicle I can trust, and if I can't trust the van, it's gotta go

I believe I will do all I can to keep it if at all possible, fixing it is still cheaper than a new car ... so far lol

I believe I'm glad your visits were so nice! ♥

I believe it was only slightly warmer here, but it's supposed to be lol

I believe in AC ! lol
1high5.gif

1sendheart.gif

squirt

Administrator
i believe i am sad the van saga continues
i believe it is fixable
i believe my daughter had the same thing happen to her with her old car
i believe it was the fuel pump cutting out intermittently
i believe changing the fuel pump fixed the problem the she sold the car...lol
i believe they will hate the next Trump that wins..JR or maybe even Ivanka
i believe that would really cause their heads to explode on the left...lmfao
i believe things will work out as He planned
i believe thats all i can do from here
i believe in us View attachment 23033
I believe he's going over it with a fine tooth comb after hubby's call lol

I believe it's worth fixing

I believe it's really odd the way it runs, and then just doesn't, he said it started right up when they came to tow it this morning, no tow needed lol

I believe their hate has been there all along, it's just been forced to the surface now

I believe I want a 3rd Supreme Court pick, that would be delicious lol

I believe you're right, He's got this ... no matter what "this" is! ♥

I believe with ALL our hearts!!! 1269598fkrqvy7liq.gif

squirt

Administrator
I believe it's Friday, and there's no end to the van saga in sight lol

I believe that mechanic drove to my house to talk to me about the van lol 1sm088doubleup.gif

I believe he let it sit and run, it ran for about 45 minutes, then died

I believe I couldn't even get it to run for 5 minutes yesterday evening!

I believe he's decided it's the ECM, says it's a common problem with 1999 models, and only 1999 models

I believe he's got to order the part online, then program it, then install it (or install, then progam - whatever lol)

I believe that means he needs the van for several days, at least

I believe I could take it and drive it and hope it gets me there while we wait for the part

I believe I don't like that game lol

I believe hubby's taking me to pick up a rental car tomorrow

I believe Kroger's very understanding ♥

I believe I'll make it up to them! pinkrose1.gif