:sponsor:

Bamber

Super Moderator
Standing 42 inches (107 cm) high, this would not come cheap

A general (but not TOO general) description will do for an answer

I can't show the other end as that would totally give it away

stevent222

Jokeroo Immortal
Looks like it's made from Cherry or Red Wood also has a belt on it for spinning don't know what is inside could be a medal cylinder for tumbling something my guess it for tumbling ruff diamonds to made them shinny so the diamond cutter can see the inside lines of the diamond to be cut.

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
not cheap eh...so only the upper class would have one..perhaps its for playing music like a player piano only smaller

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
At the moment, I have to go with RK as well, but being the height it is, suggests that someone sits down to use it, which would fit; although that would fit for almost anything else that you had to sit down and use....LOL

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
I'm in the middle of getting ready to go out to dinner ~ and was having another look at this thing, and from what Bamber said about it being expensive, and the size ~ and if he had shown the front it would give the game away ~ I had this thought that it could be a clock ~ no idea why ~ but there we go!!!

Bamber

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="stevent222, post: 5114145]Looks like it's made from Cherry or Red Wood also has a belt on it for spinning don't know what is inside could be a medal cylinder for tumbling something my guess it for tumbling ruff diamonds to made them shinny so the diamond cutter can see the inside lines of the diamond to be cut.[/QUOTE]

The mind of an engineer at work there. You are quite correct about the rotating cylinder, but not for tumbling. :goldstar:

[QUOTE="roadkill, post: 5114167]not cheap eh...so only the upper class would have one..perhaps its for playing music like a player piano only smaller[/QUOTE]

YES. It's a musical instrument, and it is even a keyboard instrument.

[FONT=&amp]StevenT's drum works much like the crank on a hurdy-gurdy but acts on up to 61 strings.
[/FONT]

The instrument is called a wheelharp and looks like this from the other end...

...and it sounds like this...

[video=youtube;MT4OxLLI4m4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT4OxLLI4m4[/video]

Costs between $20,000 and $40,000 depending on the specification.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Brilliant RK ~ now that is something I have never seen before, although the sound reminds me of the early days of the 'Moog' [?] synthesizer [I think it was called], which can now do almost any sound [as does my Yamaha electric organ, don't have to read music, just click the buttons and the sound come out [well it helps to have a bit of a tune going with it as well I suppose...LOL]]

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="AuroraAngel, post: 5115011]Congratulations, my brother! :bravo:

[/QUOTE]

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Romford Lad, post: 5115518]Brilliant RK ~ now that is something I have never seen before, although the sound reminds me of the early days of the 'Moog' [?] synthesizer [I think it was called], which can now do almost any sound [as does my Yamaha electric organ, don't have to read music, just click the buttons and the sound come out [well it helps to have a bit of a tune going with it as well I suppose...LOL]][/QUOTE]

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="Bamber, post: 5115004]The mind of an engineer at work there. You are quite correct about the rotating cylinder, but not for tumbling. :goldstar:

YES. It's a musical instrument, and it is even a keyboard instrument.

[FONT=&amp]StevenT's drum works much like the crank on a hurdy-gurdy but acts on up to 61 strings.
[/FONT]

The instrument is called a wheelharp and looks like this from the other end...

...and it sounds like this...

[video=youtube;MT4OxLLI4m4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT4OxLLI4m4[/video]

Costs between $20,000 and $40,000 depending on the specification.[/QUOTE]

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="squirt, post: 5115059]:meme: :nose: :bravo:

Good job, Love! :bravo:
Congratulations!!! :inlove:
[/QUOTE]
thank you my texas star..a lucky guess:inlove: