What is it? #447

Bamber

Super Moderator
What is the function of these objects?

Bamber

Super Moderator
They are nothing to do with food and although nothing to do with any creature this...
Equestrians used these to sort and mesure a hores tail for braiding.
...is the closest answer so far, in that they are used to measure and they may be found in a blacksmiths.

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Well guys, been absent for a little while, so have just got back. Read through all the posts here, and I though cheese grater was very close, but after seeing what Bamber posted, and the 'may' be in a blacksmith's ~ I was thinking about what if that blacksmith was also a 'farrier' and therefore could they be 'farrier's rasps' for smoothing the horse's hoof before fitting the shoe?

As the granddaughter of a blacksmith I am very disappointed in myself for so not knowing what this is. I am a disgrace to my own kind.

Is it a bolster plate? (I even had to look up the english word as if it wasn´t already bad enough) :cry:

Last edited:

Bamber

Super Moderator
As the granddaughter of a blacksmith I am very disappointed in myself for so not knowing what this is. I am a disgrace to my own kind.

Is it a bolster plate? (I even had to look up the english word as if it wasn´t already bad enough) :cry:
They wouldn't be associated with the main work of a blacksmith and some smiths will not have had any connection with them. They are to do with something metal.

I don´t know. An anvil tool to support or help punching holes. But if it isn´t a bolster plate then I have NO idea....

Last edited: