What is it? #492

Bamber

Super Moderator
I couldn't find out the dimensions of this weeks WII,
but judging by the handwriting I'd guess at around 50 cm, 20 inches long.
What are these wooden items parts of?

squirt

Administrator
I think they're for show, like the Budweiser Clydesdales
they're 20 inches long, I think that would fit a horse's neck?

and me. and this guy!

A commissar and his wife were in their dacha one cold day in november warming their hands on the open fire.
The wife looks out the window and exclaims "look Rudi, its snowing!". The commissar looks up and snaps "thats not snow!"
A heated argument ensues and for and hour is "it is", "it's not", is shouted back and forth.
Finally the commissar gets up, stamps to the door, flings it open and, pointing outside, shouts ....

"I told you, Rudolph the Red knows rain dear!!!"

Bamber

Super Moderator
reindeer harness for pulling Santa's sleigh? lol View attachment 42876
Yes.

The main use of this kind of harness was when the Sami boy went to a Sami girl to propose.
In old tradition, the Sami boy would go on a reindeer raid to the girl’s family. He would ride the reindeer one turn around the lavvo, and then send a messenger inside to ask the girl to come out. If the girl came out and tied the reindeer to a tree, she had accepted the proposal. The future family-in-law would enter the lavvo and ask for permission to make coffee. After that, the boy and the girl would switch reindeer and ride off to the priest to announce their coming marriage.

squirt

Administrator
The main use of this kind of harness was when the Sami boy went to a Sami girl to propose.
In old tradition, the Sami boy would go on a reindeer raid to the girl’s family. He would ride the reindeer one turn around the lavvo, and then send a messenger inside to ask the girl to come out. If the girl came out and tied the reindeer to a tree, she had accepted the proposal. The future family-in-law would enter the lavvo and ask for permission to make coffee. After that, the boy and the girl would switch reindeer and ride off to the priest to announce their coming marriage.
that's rather neat! 1sm088doubleup.gif

everybody! ♥