When he is a little too supportive of you working out

Not like he is saying anything wrong, but I swear now that I am on this work out kick he is almost too supportive of it. Which makes me feel like I was just a heifer before. Maybe I should do the same when he drinks a beer, "Oh, babe, nice choice on pale ale, way less calories than that lager."

TwiztedAngel

Mine would never let me work out. He already thinks I am too skinny, and too strong. I think he just wants more cushion for the pushin'.

That would be nice. I'm not sure if h cares, but sometimes I care. The problem is the holidays followed up by Girl Scout cookie season. That and he has gotten me into his craft beer world.

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="lmiller95, post: 4832913]Not like he is saying anything wrong, but I swear now that I am on this work out kick he is almost too supportive of it. Which makes me feel like I was just a heifer before. Maybe I should do the same when he drinks a beer, "Oh, babe, nice choice on pale ale, way less calories than that lager."[/QUOTE]

You should ask him to join you in your workout lol remind him that when it comes to beer, it's a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips lol

Goodgrief

I don't know how old you and you mate are. But one hint; unless you and he are super-calorie burners, sooner or later, age sets in and oops! No longer a size 5! No longer a 28 in. waist!

I'm not even saying obese. But many are affected by hormone changes (women and men). Some never change, but a lot do.

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="Goodgrief, post: 4833791]I don't know how old you and you mate are. But one hint; unless you and he are super-calorie burners, sooner or later, age sets in and oops! No longer a size 5! No longer a 28 in. waist!

I'm not even saying obese. But many are affected by hormone changes (women and men). Some never change, but a lot do.
[/QUOTE]

Amen sister lol

TwiztedAngel

[QUOTE="sexysadie, post: 4833767]You should ask him to join you in your workout lol remind him that when it comes to beer, it's a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips lol[/QUOTE]

With him, it may not be so much as "lifetime on the hips", but "hiding his most precious treasure". A guy with too much belly aint gonna see a whole heck of a lot under it.

sexysadie

Jokeroo VIP Status
[QUOTE="TwiztedAngel, post: 4834153]With him, it may not be so much as "lifetime on the hips", but "hiding his most precious treasure". A guy with too much belly aint gonna see a whole heck of a lot under it.[/QUOTE]

pmsl buried treasure?

I'm a not-so-fresh 24 and he is 26. And yes, I'm already seeing the effects of a love of a late night snack. Living in California does nothing for your self-esteem with all the beautiful people. So, I'm definitely feel pressure to stay in shape. He is one of those really annoying people that can eat whatever he wants and stay skinny.

Goodgrief

Does your partner even take time to see what's inside your mind? Does he see who you are? Honestly, nobody is perfect and age becomes a factor. If all he wants is someone who won't change in appearance, give him a blow-up sex doll and find a guy who loves you for who you are.

Yes. He's really great and I certainly use forums like this to vent. We are both well aware of our imperfections. I was just in a physical funk. Thanks for caring though.

Ask him in his face and with a quiet firm voice, ........if he thinks your fat .....and then watch him how he gets suspicious, nervous, scared,.....tripping over his words.....and hiding in fear,

As long as he hasn't called green peace when you stub your toe you're fine.

Goodgrief

[QUOTE="lmiller95, post: 4834971]Yes. He's really great and I certainly use forums like this to vent. We are both well aware of our imperfections. I was just in a physical funk. Thanks for caring though.[/QUOTE]

Wishing you good luck on your relationship! I mean it.

My husband and I will be celebrating 42 years of togetherness this year. I can say that I couldn't possibly have wished for a better match. We are both extremely strong-willed. Clashes are to the point and short. We both say:"Sorry" when one of us is confronted with the obvious truth. That is what makes a good relationship.

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
[QUOTE="lmiller95, post: 4832913]Not like he is saying anything wrong, but I swear now that I am on this work out kick he is almost too supportive of it. Which makes me feel like I was just a heifer before. Maybe I should do the same when he drinks a beer, "Oh, babe, nice choice on pale ale, way less calories than that lager."[/QUOTE]
maybe just maybe...he is trying to be supportive of your decision to get healthier and wants you to live longer...maybe you are reading too much into it

ME?? How could you ever think a neurotic worrier like myself would read into things too much? Seriously though, I over anaylize things ad nauseum. Good point.

Goodgrief

OK, Kiddo, take a deep breath and start seeing the other side. Roadkill is right. One thing about a relationship.... No one is alike.